RAZBAM LTV A-7 Corsair II released - Page 8
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM LTV A-7 Corsair II released

What carrier add-on is that in the A-7 Preview vid posted a short time ago?

THe A-7 looks great! Think I might pick this one up.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Charter Member 2012
    Playing with this one still a fair bit to do.

Attachment 15719
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

Looks great bruce!! Love the "USED/WEATHERED" Look
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Ok people. Here's the latest regarding the Pilot's Manual.

I've just finished the Instruments and Navigation sections. These include instructions in the use of radar, and HSI allowing you people to navigate in the dark and over the sea.

All of this is good stuff. Now come the best stuff: Weapons!!:tgun2:

All that's remaining to put down are the ASCU and ARMAMENT PANEL with instructions on loadouts, weapons selection and dropping ordnance on cue.

This part is as big as the previous one, so please be patient. I'm working my fingers to bloody stumps to get this thing done as fast as I can.

regards

Great looking paint Bruce!

Thanks for your hard work Zeus. I'm not much of a Jet Jock, so I need the manual bad, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    I flew her last night and am in love!

I did have a minor issue though..

..if I slew the aircraft, say from the active to a parking location, once I am finished slewing and back 'in game' the aircraft bounces around like crazy. The problem can be fixed by applying power then slamming on the breaks.

This also happens when I connect to the catapult.

Regards, Diego
    Your not alone with this problem Diego. I hope the patch will fix it.

Does this baby have speedbrakes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Good point! In Paul's movie I saw a big underfuselage brake but I didn't see it on the virtual plane.

The air brake works just fine here?
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    Does this baby have speedbrakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Good point! In Paul's movie I saw a big underfuselage brake but I didn't see it on the virtual plane.
    The aircraft has airbrakes. There are two ways to activate them. One is for using the assigned keyboard combination for Activate Spoilers. The other one is to click a small button on the throttle.

The keyboard is faster but only has two settings: fully open or fully closed. The throttle button allows you to extend the speed brake to any point between 0 and 60 degrees.

Charter Member 2012
    VA-37

Attachment 15866

Bruce
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    The aircraft has airbrakes. There are two ways to activate them. One is for using the assigned keyboard combination for Activate Spoilers. The other one is to click a small button on the throttle.

The keyboard is faster but only has two settings: fully open or fully closed. The throttle button allows you to extend the speed brake to any point between 0 and 60 degrees.
    You can also assign an Controller-axis to operate the speed brake/air brake. I use the slider on my Saitek X52 Pro Throttle as the air brake switch.

Go into your axis assignments under the controller settings in FSX, and assign your Spoiler axis to the slider on your throttle, if you have off course an controller with an slider on it.

By this way, I can gradually open/close the air brakes.

One very important point regarding the air brake is that it is only operational when the wheels are up. If you lower the landing gear, the air brake will automatically retract to its fully closed position and won't be operational until you retract the landing gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    VA-37

Attachment 15866

Bruce
    GASP!!! Beautiful!

NC

Photo Op, change of command!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    One very important point regarding the air brake is that it is only operational when the wheels are up. If you lower the landing gear, the air brake will automatically retract to its fully closed position and won't be operational until you retract the landing gear.
    Thanks for this info, Zeus.

Blog Entries
    Razbam contacted me and asked me to look into the hopping problem. Apparently when i did the original FDE last weekend, i overlooked a couple things. As is, I've changed contact points for the nose wheel, static CG height and static pitch angle so that there is no difference in plane posture between normal and slew mode. i believe the changes will eliminate the bouncing problem.
    I must apologize to you all as the blame for this rests entirely with me. I tried doing too much in too little of a time frame, and things got missed. i hope you all will forgive me for that.
    Pam

When are they going to release the update & owners manual?

Nav Light !

Hi guys,
    I did not find the lines corresponding to the nav_light in the 'aircraft.cfg'
    Indeed, on my desktop, these lights (the green one and the red one) are really too large.
    I would wish to use 'the 3D LIGHTS' of A2A.
    Anyone has an idea ?

mathieu

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Gents:
    update/patch will include the following

Pilot´s aircraft manual
    corrected cfg contact points (solution for the "bouncing" bug
    interior lights effects (missing in original release)
    auto engine exhaust smoke
    engine damage and "flameout" taken out of the equation, due to many complaints regarding this, we decided to "dumb down" the aircraft, apparently, not too many are enjoying it.Now you get just a Master Caution warning light with the pertinent caution light in the advisory panel.I was about to start a poll regarding this,but decided not to at the end.
    Revised jettison function, made it better
    Revised AOA indexer
    Revised HUD

Date of release, Monday/Tuesday next week, I´m sorry it took this long (1 week more than advertised) but i wanted it to be patched only once.

Best regards

Prowler

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mathieu View Post
    Hi guys,
    I did not find the lines corresponding to the nav_light in the 'aircraft.cfg'
    Indeed, on my desktop, these lights (the green one and the red one) are really too large.
    I would wish to use 'the 3D LIGHTS' of A2A.
    Anyone has an idea ?

mathieu
    External lights (sans beacon lights) are all hard coded due to certain characteristics of them, for instance, all the wing lights have to be hard coded or they will not follow the wing tip when folded. As for the tail light, it can be either static or flashing (you got the switch at the lights panel), so in order for that to happen, you have to use a hard coded light. Sorry for that.

Best regards

Prowler

"engine damage and "flameout" taken out of the equation"
    Sorry to hear that! I for one would like to have a way to put it back in. A software switch or something. Is it possible without you doing another patch? If not thats fine too.

Jim

Charter Member 2011
    Well, it´s up to you,many are complaining about this, we know is the right thing, that´s what happens, but when people start complaining how they are NOT enjoying their purchase, it makes you wonder what´s really going on..

If i see enough people in favor of sticking with it, we´ll stick with it, if not, we´ll dumb down the aircraft.
    there is no way to implement a switch in the plane, sorry for that.

Best regards
    Prowler

Agree with Jim, I like ''the right thing'', as close as possible.

Members who have read this thread: 1