RAZBAM LTV A-7 Corsair II released - Page 2
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM LTV A-7 Corsair II released

Yep....

....I am in the -D, the engine is off, the brake is set, and the screen is up....but I can't get it to do anything...

The ASCU is very easy to use. You only click on the buttons for each station. The first one is the fuzing option. The second one is weapons type, you will see a table explaining the codes. The third one is quantity.

Stations 1, 2, 7 and 8 can load both up to 6 bombs each. Stations 3 and 6 are limited to 3 max since they are the nearest one to the fuselage. If you load sidewinders, you will be able to carry two max.

Travel pods can only be carried on Stations 1 and 8 (the outermost ones).

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ....I am in the -D, the engine is off, the brake is set, and the screen is up....but I can't get it to do anything...
    That's strange. The requirements are engine shut down and parking brakes set. The ASCU should work.

Are you clicking on the grey buttons?

Yes...clicking on the grey buttons....

....what is supposed to happen when I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ....what is supposed to happen when I do that?
    The ASCU will cycle through the options available for that slot and station.

BTW, you have to wait until the engine is truly shut down.

This video was made during ASCU development.

Sorry to have to be the spelling police but I noticed on the description page oxygen is misspelled.

Can't wait until my birthday so I can get this. It looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper271 View Post
    Sorry to have to be the spelling police but I noticed on the description page oxygen is misspelled.

Can't wait until my birthday so I can get this. It looks amazing!
    Blame Vought. They are the ones who misspelled it on the first place. The typo was just carried over. We'll fix it. We were in such a hurry to release it that forgot to proof read.

Got the weapons load out....

....to work. Thanks, guys!

(I reinstalled the package...and it then worked).

Regards,

Kent

Hi Prowler,

Will you be able to implement another method of payment for your A-7 other than paypal? Also will you be making a disk edition? :salute::salute::salute: Great work!
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Hats Off to the Razbam team!!!!

Bought the Bird of my Dreams!!!
    Flew the Bird of my Dreams!!!
    Am Im Love with the Bird of my Dreams!!!!!

Thanks to everyone at the Razbam Team, Another Quality Bird!!!

It was well Worth the Wait, Cheers Ron, Now get some rest man, Your work here is done!!!!

:ernae::ernae::ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dag

Model.4 (HAF Tiger)

Hi,

Just noticed the HAF Tiger would not load its model. Solution below. Apart from that, this is one impressive package, Ron and crew, you did darn well

Thanks

Blog Entries
    So guys?? How does it fly?? I know shes a lot harder to land than other planes, but did i make it too difficult??

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    So guys?? How does it fly?? I know shes a lot harder to land than other planes, but did i make it too difficult??
    Nahh, not too difficult. I've been doing touch and goes on regular runways, have not dared to take her to the boat yet Any Idea what makes my compressor stall just after take off? Something seems to happen below 1000ft when I go from mid range to MIL or something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Pam, thank you for your outstanding work on the FDE ! :salute::salute::salute: I am very happy with the handling. Indeed, it is not the easiest to fly but I like that.

On my 1st flight today I took off from North Island NAS in the A-7H, did a touch and go and landed with no problem whatsoever.

Then I positioned the A-7H on an FSX carrier at Pearl Harbor. I tried to lower the launch bar but nothing happened... Then I thought: Wait a minute, the A-7H is strictly land based, maybe I should try the NAVY A-7E. And yes, problem solved, I got the A-7E ready for launch as advertized. On the 1st cat launch I pulled the stick back before I launched and experienced a nasty FSX "Object collision" at the end of the deck. That reminded me of something else I read on this forum: This time I tried a hands off stick launch and that went perfect. I guess you should not start pulling the stick till airborne and clear of the deck.

After a touch and go at John Rodgers Fld (PHJR) I dumped fuel till I had 40% left and lined up for the carrier. It has been said before on this forum, just fly your approach keeping the AOA indexer centered. Doing so, I managed to make a good trap on my 3rd attempt (after a bolter and a horrible crash because I came in too low). The hardest thing approaching the boat for me is adjusting the throttle properly. Because of the engine spool up delay, you have to be very gently otherwise you end up like a jojo going back and forth between too fast and too slow.

Question: I experienced quite a bit of sluggishness at slow speed. Is that done on purpose? I noticed the MOI values are quite high given the A-7 empty weight and dimensions.

Cheers, Henk.

PS: A few minor issues I found, not FDE related:
    - The VC light fx_Razbam_A7_vclight_red.fx file seems to be missing
    - The ui_typerole lines are missing, I added them myself: ui_typerole=Single Engine Jet
    - The HUD (2D) view is black. I could easily fix it: Just add this line to Panel.cfg [Window00]: Background_color=0,0,0

Looks very nice indeed, one of my favourite USN aircraft, don't get much payware but might spring for this .

Kindest

Michael

Didn't quite escape.
    Well I can land it, after some practice - so you didn't make it too hard, Pam, just "challenging". :d

Seriously, hats off to everyone involved with this. It's a superb little jet.

One thing that may help those struggling to get it onto a carrier deck is to start VERY light. Empty all the wing tanks, empty the auxs and put half fuel in the two mains. That should give you enough to have a play around, without the original problem I had of the SLUF's backside falling through the deck into the water after what appeared to be a perfectly good landing. I don't know what the designed landing weight of the A-7 variants are (I'm hoping that'll be in the manual! ) but that gives you a tad over 120KIAS landing speed in my tests and seems to work.

Gotta go out now, will fly more later.

Ian P.

well I like it but I can't fly for more than 5 or so minutes and then the engine shuts down on me......I can't figure out why though. Kinda pissing me off but....I guess in time I'll figure it out...I know i'm not over heating because I did a test flight at high altitude with throttle cut back.

the warning I got was HYD Failure.

Gosh... she's a handful to fly for sure. I love it!
    (wished A-6 and A-4 would get this treatment)

Great work, RAZBAM!
    Super FDE, Pam!
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Didn't quite escape.
    I don't know what Ron has up his sleeve next, but I'd really love to see the Scooters done up to current specs. They do work in Accel, I had them installed until my last PC upgrade and rebuild, but they are starting to show their age a little when you compare them to packs such as the A-7.

Next thing I'll want, of course, is the moon on a stick.
    :ernae:

Ian P.

NICE.............................VERY NICE

Master of Disaster
    Got to wait two weeks for this one...dang!! Maybe Santa will come through for my birthday?!!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    well I like it but I can't fly for more than 5 or so minutes and then the engine shuts down on me......I can't figure out why though. Kinda pissing me off but....I guess in time I'll figure it out...I know i'm not over heating because I did a test flight at high altitude with throttle cut back.

the warning I got was HYD Failure.
    Watch the engine TOT temp. If you go beyond the red line for more than three minutes the engine will suffer damage and soon you will find yourself without one.

Full throttle is not an option beyond 1 - 2 minutes. Top continuous throttle is 96% RPM. Power dives are a no no, quite easy to go over the red line within 30 seconds. That's the wasy the original Allison TF-41-A2 behaved. We were quite pleased when we found out that Pam managed to hit that spot too.

Attachment 15424TOT Gauge (Red lines are not correct. The needle should be halfway between 5 and 6).

Attachment 15425 Gauge position in the A-7E cockpit.

Attachment 15426 Gauge position in the A-7D cockpit.

Attachment 15427 Max speeds chart (from NATOPS) based on a clean aircraft. Yellow zone is the max speed possible.

.......Downloading now!!!! fantastic!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 1