[Released] FSX Solomon 1943
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Released] FSX Solomon 1943

[Released] FSX Solomon 1943

It's in the download area:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=4&linkid=2390

Enjoy, and to the SOH members that helped me so much to bring this further than I imagined in the beginning: THANKS!

Cheers,
    Mark

This link only takes me to SOH's Download Library maze . I looked FSX Others category and it wasn't there . I'll keep looking . I love SOH and it is diffinately my favorite place to be and I certainly appreciate your hard work and others on this project .

Just looked in FSX other ,it says last entry AUG.13th but there is nothing
    there dated for that date.This library sucks.I love SOH but the library is the worst ever.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i just released it
    we do check uploads first for viruses etc
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Blog Entries
    and thanks
    H:salute::salute:
    IN ABOOK!

Downloading now: no problem :salute:
    Italo

Thanks Henry for the prompt service . You have a lot of middle aged men here who are short on patience . Me being high on the list . LOL I wasn't trying to be critical of the upload speed but I must admit I am a little hesitant on the download library as IMO it's not very user friendly as others have mentioned .

These are a lot of fun and add a period feel to the older aircraft that we often favor.

Just an idea of the surprising detail, a small seaplane base in the Russels, a bit to the west of Guadalcanal.

Cheers: t

Thank you for your time and efforts. I know I will be spending alot of time in the area. Hopefully even some good multiplayer sessions. Thank you again.

Many thanks !

Awesome Idea for a part of the world I rarely fly, guess I'm going to need my compass for this one!:salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

thanks a million

downloading now cant wait to fly over your scenery. Again thank You very much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Thanks Henry for the prompt service . You have a lot of middle aged men here who are short on patience . Me being high on the list . LOL I wasn't trying to be critical of the upload speed but I must admit I am a little hesitant on the download library as IMO it's not very user friendly as others have mentioned .
    not gonna disagree
    i do not get around like i used to
    H
    IN ABOOK!

OOPS--Changing Navigators

Ok , that's it ! My present navigator is grounded . Last pic is me " getting the hell out of Dodge "

Love this scenery . I havn't even scratched the surface and at the rate i'm going I'll get shot out the sky before I finish . I better fly this bird at night like it was designed to do .

Rich

Great job on this scenery. It makes flying around this area so much more interesting and fun!

Thanks!

I can't tell you what a huge relief the release of this project is for me, and I hope there are not too many errors in the scenery.

The best is - I get to fly again. Most of my time spent in FSX the last four months was slewing around and constantly reload the scenery database after updates. For example, I bought the A2A B17 when it was released, but the first time I flew this fine bird was today!

The best experience in developing this scenery was reading a lot of books and learning the history of this scenario while developing it, this was a great source of inspiration.

Another great experience was the willingness to help and the enthusiasm of many fine people here in the SOH community - cheers to you all! This really gives me the kick to plan new projects and work on my skills to achieve better results in the future.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Ok , that's it ! My present navigator is grounded . Last pic is me " getting the hell out of Dodge "

Love this scenery . I havn't even scratched the surface and at the rate i'm going I'll get shot out the sky before I finish . I better fly this bird at night like it was designed to do .

Rich
    Geez, Rich, you don't land a PBY at Rekata Seaplane base, you are going to have a rug dance with the CO for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    These are a lot of fun and add a period feel to the older aircraft that we often favor.

Just an idea of the surprising detail, a small seaplane base in the Russels, a bit to the west of Guadalcanal.

Cheers: t

There's even more on the Russels, have you seen the Pavuvu Cub Strip for the L4 Grasshoppers (demanding to land!) or the big 1st marine division camp there?

Wifes will hate me.

Cheers,
    Mark

Man, this looks great! Just downloaded. Next, install. Then, dawn patrol over The Slot...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I spotted that there is something wrong in the pictures here.
    The beaches are missing. Could someone please copy the beach texture that is included in the package into the

\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Texture\

folder and have a look at the beaches? Strange!

The beaches should look like the one on the picture below.

Mark

Ok, wait. Why are those guys from the crash and salvage department standing around looking at me waiting to take off? They're making me nervous!

This is a great package!
    :ernae:
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    I spotted that there is something wrong in the pictures here.
    The beaches are missing. Could someone please copy the beach texture that is included in the package into the

\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Texture\

folder and have a look at the beaches? Strange!

The beaches should look like the one on the picture below.

Mark
    I can't find a beach texture... What's the exact filename? Maybe it didn't make into the release..?
    HP Reverb G2

PRB,

its in the folder "alternative coastline" in the package and the texture is named

o_whitesand_ls.bmp

It should be a default FSX texture. I checked some images sent to me by beta testers during the beta phase, and there the coastline definitly showed up.

I'm still flabbergasted about that and can not reproduce it in my installation. It could be that some add-on sceneries that I do not have make adjustments to the FSX terrain.cfg, but that is only an assumption as of now.

The guys from the crash department expect you to torque roll and wreck your Wildcat on liftoff to have something to do (they are bored)!

Cheers,
    Mark

Here's some pics after moving the o_whitesand_ls.bmp file to the scenery\world\texture\ folder. I'm not sure I'm flying over the right place, but it is some beach area, and it looks the same on my system as it did before the file move.
    HP Reverb G2

Paul:

This would be great for another "slot race" like we had before!

Cheers: T

Important notice

I think I have figured the missing shorelines out. Long ago I installed a free addon that modifies the terrain.cfg and adds new landclasses and texture definitions:

(Quote from Simviation)

FSX Modified Terrain Textures Config File. . Flight Simulator X terrain is defined in the terrain.cfg file. During testing, we have determined a certain number of modifications to this file that will correct some problems with the FS world and also provide more options for scenery designers. For example, in some places, water bodies display rocky areas - this file fixes that. Note: It does not smooth out the terrain - just colors it so it isn't so obviously flawed. Richard Ludowise, Luis Féliz-Tirado. 318K

The link for the package is:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/sy...errain_cfg.zip

My design software grabbed the configuration and I thought it was default (lesson: always develop on a clean install). I used the FS9 shorelines, which are not scaleable in width by default. Above mentioned package enables the designer to change the width, which I did, but without the new terrain.cfg, you won't see them in FSX. Oh well.

So, if you can go without shorelines, it's fine, but if you want them, you must install the above mentioned package.

Thanks, and sorry,
    Mark