[Released] FSX Solomon 1943 - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: [Released] FSX Solomon 1943

Blog Entries

just wondering

Just wondering if their is any word on the Solomons as of yet

I'm at it again, no worries!

I did a large number of corrections and reviewed the complete scenery, that part is finished now. Unfortunately, while restructuring the object libraries, I produced an error which I noticed too late. I already had build them. So I have to redo quite a few entries, which is very time consuming (Tom Stovall knows what that means :-) ).

Cheers,
    Mark

Yes I certainly do understand and appreciate the time involed. You guys waiting for Solomon Islands have a real treat in store. To say the least, Roger-Wilco-66 has real talent. This is going to be fantastic.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Blog Entries

Solomons

Thanks for the update....
    I will be waiting for the scenery.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    I'm at it again, no worries!

I did a large number of corrections and reviewed the complete scenery, that part is finished now. Unfortunately, while restructuring the object libraries, I produced an error which I noticed too late. I already had build them. So I have to redo quite a few entries, which is very time consuming (Tom Stovall knows what that means :-) ).

Cheers,
    Mark
    Thx for the update...and again thx for the help with the airport build advice...all is going good sofar...the ADEX system is new to me, and works great....espically when you figure out everything....

Glad ADEX works for you, Trucker.

For what it's worth here, a short update:

The Solomon progression came to a intermediate stop, because I work with Tom Stovall on Chi Chi Jima 1945 and worked out some new techniques in my scenery design for that.
    E.g., I developed a new application to import traced vector lines from google Earth to SBuilderX, which was a huge success and allows very accurate and high resolution contours of coastlines or other scenery elements like paths or roads or small rivers, lakes....
    The new Bonin Islands (I did the whole island chain consisting of 92 islands) are really something to be seen!
    Then I developed a workflow that allows original reconnaissance aerial photos to be used as a basis for a photo scenery on FSX airfields. Tom and I research on the best way to use that on the Susaki airfield of Chi Chi Jima, and it looks marvellous, very original and not as sterile as when you work with standard FSX AFCAD scenery elements.
    I also develop a new coast line, that has rocks and bump mapping, as well as a few new landclass textures, e.g. palm plantations, that were very common in the Solomons.
    I want to employ this at least on some airfields like Munda, Seghi or Henderson in the Solomons, and Chi Chi is my test bed for that. So there's a lot going on, as you can see.

Cheers,
    Mark

Blog Entries

Addon buildings

The Solomon progression came to a intermediate stop, because I work with Tom Stovall on Chi Chi Jima 1945 and worked out some new techniques in my scenery design for that.
    E.g., I developed a new application to import traced vector lines from google Earth to SBuilderX, which was a huge success and allows very accurate and high resolution contours of coastlines or other scenery elements like paths or roads or small rivers, lakes....
    The new Bonin Islands (I did the whole island chain consisting of 92 islands) are really something to be seen!
    Then I developed a workflow that allows original reconnaissance aerial photos to be used as a basis for a photo scenery on FSX airfields. Tom and I research on the best way to use that on the Susaki airfield of Chi Chi Jima, and it looks marvellous, very original and not as sterile as when you work with standard FSX AFCAD scenery elements.
    I also develop a new coast line, that has rocks and bump mapping, as well as a few new landclass textures, e.g. palm plantations, that were very common in the Solomons.
    I want to employ this at least on some airfields like Munda, Seghi or Henderson in the Solomons, and Chi Chi is my test bed for that. So there's a lot going on, as you can see.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark.....
    Thx for all the help you have been while i was getting use to ADEX......
    I have found alot of aircraft and have been making use of its ability to add them to sceneries....
    I would also like to update and add some other buildings as well.....
    One airport i am working on is very large....Main runway is 15,000 feet, just short of the shuttles runway at Edwards... The buildings with ADEX are ok, but i would like some custome buildings to add....Is their someplace i could get the downloads from....I tried to do a search for them but got nothing.....
    Also, ADEX includes a billboard in their list....Is their anyway i can add a message to it before adding it to the scenery?
    I am also looking for a couple of more planes....the Hawker harrier jet as a static aircraft, and the Boeing 377 as a static aircraft...Any ideas ?...

Blog Entries

Cheers,
    Mark
    Almost forgot.....
    Word thru grapevine.....
    Vertigo Studios Aircraft carrier CV-6, the Enterprise, is currently in game being tested....the screens look great, and will be a nice addition to the Solomons scenery....