[Released] FSX Solomon 1943 - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Released] FSX Solomon 1943

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    The scenery effects can not be tied to a FSX slider (at least AFAIK), because they are fixed, static elements in the scenery. The only scenery objects you can control with sliders are autogen objects and AI.
    Effects get coded as any other BGLComp item and the XML allows for the density toggle;

<SceneryObject
    lat="20.8247357"
    lon="-156.5560077"
    alt="0"
    altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
    pitch="0"
    bank="0"
    heading="0"
    imageComplexity="NORMAL">
    <LibraryObject
    name="{16d8c12c-1f60-4914-a84d-e51fbd28d190}"
    scale="1" />
    </SceneryObject>

<SceneryObject
    lat="20.8247357"
    lon="-156.5560077"
    alt="26.87M"
    altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
    pitch="0"
    bank="0"
    heading="310.995483398438"
    imageComplexity="NORMAL">
    <Effect
    effectName="fx_AAX_Red30"
    effectParams="DAWN=1"/>
    </SceneryObject>

Wind generator and flashing red light sitting on the top.

Finally I have had time to begin exploring this scenery. Using Just Flight's F4F-4 Wildcat I started at Henderson Airfiled and have worked my way to Buka Airfield stopping at various fields along the way. This has been great fun. The amount of detail is amazing. I am considering switching to a ground vehicle after landing to explore more.

There have been some issues with frame rates, but I can't figure out what is causing it, since most of the time they are fine. The optimization web site (other thread) did seem to help some.

I have probably mentioned this before, but I use this scenery to test fly some of the WWII aircraft that I have been or am currently testing such as the AT-11, F7F series, P-61, XP-47J. That along with Michael Davies great Essex boats sailing down (or up) the slot makes for a terrific period test area.

Cheers: T

Does anybody know if that scenery is still available somewhere?

Been lookin for three days and can't find a valid link.
    Hawkdriver

Can't seem to find a active link to the scenery. Can some helpful person direct me to a download source?

Members +
    Blog Entries
    I'm looking for it, when a link manifests ,I'll post it. As the saying goes; 'Please stand by...'

Last I heard Mark was looking to update the package as there was some issue with some scenery elements.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hi guys,

the download is suspended and I work on a second release due to a copyright problem - I need to replace a few scenery objects (houses, huts, tower etc).
    It might take some time, because I'm a bad scenery object designer. If anybody could lend me a hand it would go along faster!

Cheers,
    Mark

I hope the project can be put back on the air, look forward to seeing it.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Blog Entries

Old picts of VMF214 base

the black and whites were sent by a friend in washington....they are from VMF214s file

Nice images, trucker, thanks.

I want to do a few corrections on Munda airbase for the update. These images help a lot, because they show the area around Kokengolo Hill nicely.

Cheers,
    Mark

Hey Mark... I flew over Kahili to check out the flak as you suggested. #1 engine got hit on the B-25, feathered prop and landed on a beach. Waiting to be rescued.

Flak was heavy around 7k to 9k... thanks for letting my know about this.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Hey Mark... I flew over Kahili to check out the flak as you suggested. #1 engine got hit on the B-25, feathered prop and landed on a beach. Waiting to be rescued.

Flak was heavy around 7k to 9k... thanks for letting my know about this.
    Send in a PBY :-) The USN PT boat base Todd City over near Randova (just a bit to the west of Munda across the channel, where Kennedy's PT109 was stationed) is a good starting point for a rescue mission. With a bit of luck you'll see PT109 mooring in the harbour....

Glad you like it!

Cheers,
    Mark

Cool flak effects...

Ya should be able to fly single engine back to Henderson? Unless of course the beach was lined with young ladies....

Mark: Thanks for the great addon!

Cheers: T

Blog Entries

no trouble, roger-wilco,

Nice images, trucker, thanks.

I want to do a few corrections on Munda airbase for the update. These images help a lot, because they show the area around Kokengolo Hill nicely.

Cheers,
    Mark

Glad they help....Like everyone else...I am waiting for final to release....In mean time i will see what my friend can get in photos surrounding the basees buildings, if there are any around of the area...

Blog Entries

looks cool, looking forward to trying this out.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Cool flak effects...

I have heard that Vertigo Studios is currently working on a new version of the B-25 Billy Mitchell.....Can hardly wait to get my hands on it......you can view the progress in the FORUM section.......If you have not been their before, go to products, click on any aircraft, scroll down....On right side of screen will be area with( Visit forum,,,Download PDF manual,,,,Download product paintkit,,,,and product support......) click visit forum....B-25 will be towards bottom of list....

I also look forward to the Vertigo B-25, and also very much for the RAZBAM Helldiver!
    I hope that they release it not too soon, though, because that would keep me from working on the Solomon update...:isadizzy:

The update, which first had the goal to just to bring the package back online ASAP again, went a bit over the top. I made a lot of error corrections in the scenery, rebuild a few areas, and most of all restructured the scenery libraries, and that is a hell of a work, because of the numerous objects. That work is still not finished....

Cheers,
    Mark

I also look forward to the Vertigo B-25, and also very much for the RAZBAM Helldiver!
    I hope that they release it not too soon, though, because that would keep me from working on the Solomon update...:isadizzy:

The update, which first had the goal to just to bring the package back online ASAP again, went a bit over the top. I made a lot of error corrections in the scenery, rebuild a few areas, and most of all restructured the scenery libraries, and that is a hell of a work, because of the numerous objects. That work is still not finished....

Cheers,
    Mark
    Mark , we all are really looking forward to the Solomon's update . It is really relaxing flying in a B25 , PBY , or whatever your AC of choice is , on a bright moonlit night over the Solomon Islands(especially Kahilli) at 7-8000 ft until the AAA starts lighting up the sky . Absolutely outstanding scenery, effects , objects etc and it sounds like the update is going to make something already great even greater .

Rich:ernae:

Thanks guys and gals.

I worked most things over now except some glitches on the airfields (floating bomb-craters and stuff like that) and decided to add something to the intermediate update now. I converted about 70 aircraft from FS9 (with the permissions of the authors or copyright holders, of course) to native FSX static aircraft and can add 4 new libraries to the Solomon objects now. Tonight was my first scenery try with US fighters and they show up real good. My biggest worry was that the static models rob a lot of FPS, but I threw 30 different aircraft on a field and still got 30 FPS on my lowly system. Phew!!

Here are a couple of pictures:

Attachment 49201Attachment 49202Attachment 49203Attachment 49204Attachment 49205Attachment 49206Attachment 49207

Now I have to populate the airfields with them...

Cheers,
    Mark

Great stuff Mark:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Wow! The last version was crazy. how in the heck do you find the time for that. You snapped up all the unemployed elves from the workshop made redundant when St.Nick out sourced to china, didn't you?

Roger... Project Solomon Islands is a fantastic add-on, and plan on producing another movie. Looking forward to the update.

Tufun, nice shots! What effect causes the water spray on the side of the moving IJN patrol ship, if I may ask? Looks very authentic! I had to laugh because a british commando must have taken the ship over and replaced the Rising Sun with the Union Jack. That ship (and all the others) are also already updated, by the way. I changed the alpha channel properties of the windows of the bridge for example, now you can see through them and there's a lot of stuff in there :-)

I don't spend very much time on the project (I can't, because of family / job / other interests), but when I get active I seem to be productive :-) I use the same methods like at my IT job: structuring the work on the project helps a lot (action item lists etc) and prevents unproductive or frustrating chaos. No need for St. Nick's unemployed elves!

Cheers, and thanks for your moral support,
    Mark