[Released] FSX Solomon 1943 - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Released] FSX Solomon 1943

AI flights are certainly a NO GO too
    Sorry to hear others are having issues with AI in the Solomons with the new scenery. I set up some AI flights e.g. Henderson to Vella, Munda etc and back and they seem to have survived installation of both the beta and final versions of Mark's scenery.

Think I may have had to add some parking to the default airfields to get certain aircraft, e.g. some B-24's needing a larger diameter parking spot, to show up.. I use ADE. Also need to convert the flightplan compiled with TTools with the FS9>FSX converter tool. Had success adding water runways in FS9 and will try that next - need some Black Cat PBY's at Tulagi - and report back.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I think I got the AI sorted - I think

I found my issue with ADE was that I had not imported all the Solomon's 1943 object libraries into ADE. Once that was done, when I added parking, I did not lose all the custom objects.

I've put in parking spaces at Henderson, Lunga (Fighter 1), and Munda, and have some simple back and forth traffic at this point. With a little massaging, I have F6F's,F4F's,F4U's,SBD's and P-40's around. With a little ambition, I might try some B-24's,B-17's,A-20's & C-47/R4D's next. Finding a suitable A6M,G4M, and maybe a "Mavis" or "Emily", could mean that the Japanese bases might not be too far behind.

Bill

I have F6F's,F4F's,F4U's,SBD's and P-40's around. With a little ambition, I might try some B-24's,B-17's,A-20's & C-47/R4D's next. Finding a suitable A6M,G4M, and maybe a "Mavis" or "Emily",
    Now that sounds like the just the right plan! It was a busy place then. Interestingly, nothing much ever happened there before or since . .

Regards,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Prop Suggestions ?

As most of you know , Japanese AC are few and far between . Found this G4M1 Betty on Flightsim or Avsim ? (g4m1bty.zip) . Visual outside view is good and I primarily plan to use as AI but need some different props . Any suggestions ? The only other Japanese plane I've found thats works very well as an AI is Shockwave's WWII Fighters "Zero" which actually has alittle age to it now . Not only as a AI but flys well in FSX too . There is also a Mavis by "Ito" that I might try as AI . Any other AC suggestions please post as we need Japanese AC to even up the odds .

Rich

Forgot to add I already have the FSX

Nakajima J1N1-S</PRE>

Think there is another Mavis by Alphasim, now freeware, you might want to check out.

I had also started to populate the Solomons with Japanese AI aircraft in FS9 before defecting to FSX and got about as far as you have. Problem with FSX is that the CFS2 models offer some nice choices, e.g. Rufe seaplane version of the Zero among others, but these don't show up at all in FSX and the FS9 models often have the prop issue like in your screenie. Sometimes this can be fixed by swapping out other props from a different FSX a/c, sometimes not.

Let us know how things progress.

expat wrote :"Think there is another Mavis by Alphasim, now freeware, you might want to check out. "

I stand corrected .The Mavis I have is the one from AlphaSim . If I stumble on to anything that works (Japanese) i'll post it .

Thanks for the info ,

Rich

I have not the AI problem but in general the problem that CFS2 planes dont show in FSX

This has recuced the WW2 japanese planes to a handfull(one hand)

If there are more suggestion then seen here allready-->very very welcome

One still exists and flys is the Donationware(HERE) Oscar

Roland

No Raiden,no Hayabusa,no Shusui,no bombers

Anyone using AFX with this scenery ?

I finally have managed to start populating some of the various bases in this excellent scenery . The one major problem I'm having is seaplane bases . I apparently haven't learned the proper techniques yet . Anyone want to share their (AFX) files or anything I might be able to convert . Specific parking space names(Various AC) no problem . I can always change those in AFX .

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance ,

Rich:ernae:

Crusader,

Interested in this as I have yet to create a seaplane base/runway for AI in FSX and very much want to try this in the Solomons. Was just looking at old FS9 AFCADs and reminding myself how I did it before. Will keep you posted how I do using the ADE utility, as and when I get some free time (without "FOS" - family over shoulder).

Regards,

Hi guys,

if you can wait a little I can release a version 1.1 of the scenery with the proper AFCAD elements for AI flights from the airfields. Need to make the San Cristobal correction anyhow.
    The release was a little hurried because of the vacation that was coming up.

If anyone wants to share work he has already done, please PM me or send an Email to the address mentioned in the release note of the project. All contributed work will be credited there, of course!

Mark, out.

Look and smile

Can you imagine being a Betty pilot and looking up and seeing this coming down the runway . You might as well grab your scarf and tie it around your neck and take a quick shot of Saki cause you are about to enter "The House Of The Rising Sun" LOL . Having waaaaay too much fun with this scenery Mark . Besides being an excellent piece of work it's also a history lesson in itself with the documentation , maps , units and their locations . If I can just master AFX/AI Flight Planner maybe I can finally start contributing . I am in the process of testing and converting a bunch of Japanese AC I've found on the net and I know a few others are doing the same so maybe one of these days we all can have a bunch of AC to populate the skys and airfields . I'm not a mission builder but maybe some can throw a few together for us . This scenery was made for it . I have messed around with the Weapons Pack that came out early this year but other than bombs most of the weapons are too modern for this era .

<DT style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 14px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-TOP: 1px">Goodbye. (long-term) (To my fellow pilots in the Betty)<DD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 12px; PADDING-TOP: 1px">さようなら。 Sayōnara. (sa-YOH-nah-rah)

Rich

</DD>

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Piglet's Kingfisher is a great plane to do some reconnaissance as well......

Cheers,
    Huub

Hello! I am desperatly looking for this Kingfisher by Tim Conrad, FSX version.
    Does anyone know where I can get it ?
    Thanks!

thanks Rohan, I am very grateful! :ernae:

This scenery is just too much fun. Flew around the Shortland Islands today, off the southern tip of Bougainville. There is tons of Japanese “stuff” out there. Ships, army bases, airports, boats, it's a veritable bee-hive of enemy activity. There was a serious BBQ going down next to the airport on Ballalae Island (AGGE). Not sure what that was all about, but I did a fly over to check it out. Then I found this IJN light cruiser or destroyer. Bot sure of the ID. Looks like a Jinstu or Nagara type CL, but not 100% sure about it. Could be a old DD.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Three stacks... very light cruiser. Tenryu, Kuma, or Nagara classes.

Two Fletcher's might have been a better use of the sheet metal.....

Cheers: T

Icon5 Thread: [Released] FSX Solomon 1943

Hi All,

For the missing P-39/P-400 just look here (link in the FSX forum here at Sim-Outhouse P-39 or P63):
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=42391

http://cr1-software.com/addons/bell-p39-promo/

To fly it in FSX, you need to replace the prop disk texture: Look inside the texture folders and replace the prop3.bmp bitmap with the new DDS bitmap I attached in this ZIPfile: prop3.zip
    (See the first link in the FSX forum here at Sim-Outhouse).

Cheers

Thanks Mark,

I feel a bit ashamed that I didn't download and install it before.
    It's a gem. Off to explore it further!

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Thanks, Rob.

Just a little information on the project: I'm working on the first update for FSX Solomon 1943. The update will consist of a few error corrections (missing islands, etc), AFCAD elements on major airfields for AI operations, advanced effects and making the area around Bougainiville a bit more hostile as it is now. I also had some ideas if including more static scenarios like downed aircraft, ships or land units in distress, and so on.

I also work on a new project called "FSX WWII Pacific Fleet" which is about 70% done . Here, I ported almost all of Usio's CFS2 ships and some of our SOH members Psullykeys (with his kind permission) as well as a few others to native FSX standard, with bow wakes and shipsmoke and everything. The fleet will consist of around 80 ships, with a large contingent of japanese ships (here alone at least 10 aircraft carriers, and a few of those desperate attempts of the IJN to convert BBs to carriers), as well as british, australian and US vessels and a few civilian contemporary types.
    The ships will be AI and in a static bgl for static mooring scenarios.

The ship project must be finished first, because I want to include the new vessels in the Solomon scenario. So it will take another few weeks before it's going to be released.

Cheers,
    Mark

Just a little information on the project: I'm working on the first update for FSX Solomon 1943.
    This all sounds wonderful Mark. Thanks for the continuing fine work.

Excellent Mark, I'll be looking forward to those updates! I love the "scenarios" you have in it now, such as the flak and the bombed out airfields. It's great having someplace to fly PTO warbirds now.

Just finally got my Hellcat out around Bougainville and enjoyed seeing the existing "hostile environment" - particularly the enemy ships and fire and smoke on the island. Making it more hostile and also the downed/distressed plane/ship are great ideas.

Looking forward to the other project featuring Usio's and other ships. Great you were able to do the conversion to FSX. Want to learn more about this as it could make a big difference porting older aircraft models - particulalry CFS2 WWII planes for AI - that others have not succeeded in porting to FSX heretofore!

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    The ships will be AI and in a static bgl for static mooring scenarios.
    The ship project must be finished first, because I want to include the new vessels in the Solomon scenario. So it will take another few weeks before it's going to be released.
    WOW, that all sounds wonderfull.
    Will you also include Allied carriers?
    Will the carriers be landable (in FSX acceleration) with catapults and cables?
    Now that would be super!

For some reason I'm into deck launching and trapping.

Cheers, Rob
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    WOW, that all sounds wonderfull.
    Will you also include Allied carriers?
    Will the carriers be landable (in FSX acceleration) with catapults and cables?
    Now that would be super!

For some reason I'm into deck launching and trapping.

Cheers, Rob
    There will be three allied carriers:

CV2 Lexington
    CV3 Saratoga
    HMS Eagle

and around 13 japanese Carriers. If you want to have a look at the ships, here they are:

http://www.geocities.jp/usio_no_ibuki/

Almost all ships are included, except the german ones.

I'm afraid, in the first version, these carriers won't be landable. I would need to penetrate the 3D model with GMAX for that and I do not have the permission from Usio (yet) to do so. It's somewhat a pity, but I respect the work and the terms of usage of the designer and don't want to get into trouble with him. These designs are gourgeous and look great in FSX, so we will have to do with the simple models in the beginning. I still hope I get the permission, though, maybe Usio will even step in himself.

I really look forward to this myself!
    Maybe people start building missions (I'm lousy at that) when dense and historical sceneries can be designed with these ships.

Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    I'm afraid, in the first version, these carriers won't be landable. I would need to penetrate the 3D model with GMAX for that and I do not have the permission from Usio (yet) to do so. It's somewhat a pity, but I respect the work and the terms of usage of the designer and don't want to get into trouble with him. These designs are gourgeous and look great in FSX, so we will have to do with the simple models in the beginning. I still hope I get the permission, though, maybe Usio will even step in himself.
    That's a pity, but fully understandable. Still, looking forward to the results!

Cheers, Rob
    No DC3 without the DC2