What war's rare aircraft interest you? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What war periods rare aircraft would you like to see in sim?

Voters
362. You may not vote on this poll
  • World War 2

201 55.52%
  • Korean War

82 22.65%
  • Vietnam War

73 20.17%
  • Cold War (Anything made in russia from the 50's to today)

99 27.35%
  • Gulf Wars 1 & 2

38 10.50%
  • Iraq & Afghanistan Wars

24 6.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What war's rare aircraft interest you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I like this Avia 51, an early 30's hi-performance passenger craft built in Prague, Czechoslovakia by the Avia Company and designed by Mr. Nebezar, a former Detroit Aircraft Corporation engineer. I have this on my list as a future possibility.
    A very interesting (and historic) aircraft. Like Nebezar's Avia 156, the Vega influence is apparent.

Attachment 32664

Cold War Stuff! any Stuff!!

My longest running.."WANT" has been any vers1on of the Yak-28 Brewer Twin and and an undated CF-100 "Canuck' all-weather-f1ghter. Hope Hope!

walt
    Fly h1gh..Punch Holes 1n the Sky

I voted for wwii for a stuka.
    Thanks.

United States Marine Corps Retired
    pSsT! Never Skydive From Your Flight Simulator

One of my wants for FSX has been an XF-85 Goblin....Mr. Ito made one for FS04 and it's still one of my favorite little hotrods to
    fly...Would love to have one for FSX with the retractable hook so you can fly with/without the hook extended. It's not a conventional
    a/c, but it's a lot of fun to fly. I think in real life it only made a couple (maybe even just one) flight, but in FS04 I've flown it's little
    wings off!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

How about a Convair F2Y Sea Dart?

Whats really missing and rare is those large flying boats such as the Short S14 Sarafand made during the '30's. Man, if only I could get hold of a quality model of those !

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/EwingBill/10970.htm

Two on my list

F-82 Twin Mustang--replaced the P-61 after WWII and, as I recall, was used in combat in Korea. Kind of a strange hybrid where the two crew members could look 90 degrees and see each other in their separate canopies. Accounts I have read indicated it was a good performer.

F-94 A/B Starfire--Also used in combat in Korea. Derived from the F-80, the F-94 was essentially a T-33 with an afterburner and radar added. It may well have been the first operational jet fighter with an afterburner. I am partial to this aircraft because my Dad flew it out of McChord AFB and Elmendorf AFB in the early 50s.

The Vietnam era aircraft are my favorite. Thankfully, most aircraft from that era are available for FSX.

I am, however, looking forward to the aircraft carrier package being currently developed.....

NC

Blog Entries
    I feel the same as Gradyhappyd......
    Like the WWII aircraft.....the aerocobra, AT-12,P-36,The Ryan FR-1 Fireball....
    Lets get some of the rare and forgotten aircraft out here....:mixedsmi:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Whats really missing and rare is those large flying boats such as the Short S14 Sarafand made during the '30's. Man, if only I could get hold of a quality model of those !

Aerosoft has a really great version of the PBY Catalina....Well worth the money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post

The problem with most of these large flying boats is finding usable drawings and other data. I didn't know about about the Sarafand so I searched for it and liked what I saw, BUT, no sign of a drawing or a pic of the cockpit. If anyone knows of a drawing or other data please post a link here because it looks like that would be a great summer project!

Best, Paul

"The problem with most of these large flying boats is finding usable drawings and other data. I didn't know about about the Sarafand so I searched for it and liked what I saw, BUT, no sign of a drawing or a pic of the cockpit. If anyone knows of a drawing or other data please post a link here because it looks like that would be a great summer project!"

Would be hard to get the needed information I would imagine . Keeping in mind that this is a biplane with six motors something of a similar ilk would do ( thanks in advance !!! (?) ) ..

Charter Member 09
    SB2C-5A Helldiver
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Pilatus PC-7 and Pilatus PC-7 Mk II

I'd love to see someone do a Vought XF8U-3 Crusader, AKA the "Super Crusader". That would have been circa 1958, making it Cold War Era. To my knowledge, no one's ever modelled one of these. I'd also like to see an up to date native FSX version of the X-31 technology demonstrator. A man can dream.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Consolidated PBY Catalina for FSX and FS9, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    Consolidated PBY Catalina for FSX and FS9, please!!
    FSX
    http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us...69914900,10542

FS9
    http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php
    (ALPHA_PBY_Catalina_FS9.zip)

Thanks very much! Didn't realise.

Junker JU-88 is one WWII which is missing from FSX... (STOP building Mustangs, please... )

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelys View Post
    Junker JU-88 is one WWII which is missing from FSX...
    One in mind and i'm sure its going through the planning stages is the BF/ME-110 .... BUT ! A Junkers JU-88 YES ! obviously we'd be happy with the early variant first .... then you can jingle away at the noses

An F4-U Corsair in all it's glory. Pappy Boyington, Bah Bah Black Sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    An F4-U Corsair in all it's glory. Pappy Boyington, Bah Bah Black Sheep.
    Aircraft Factory , a hanger glued to A2A , has Gregs F4U and two other models

Charter Member 2015
    Do 17, Ju88, Me110, Hurricane, MS406....

Members who have read this thread: 131