SOH P-61 project

Thread: SOH P-61 project

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

SOH P-61 project

Make an FSX native model of a P-61?? I've had this hankering to do one for a couple years now, and its time one was done.. its not like its going to be yet another p-61.. There havent been any. Yes, I know it looks like a B-25 with an identity complex, but all you gotta do is watch the training vids for this thing and you'll see its far far from a B-25 and handles more like a small fighter..
    So PLEASE?????

Pam

Always loved the big twin-boomed fork-tailed Northrop beastie. What a fantastic aeroplane. Lots of interesting stuff ahead of it's time, like those spoilers for roll control. Love to have one of those to zoom around in FS land.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Pam most of us warbird lovers have been wanting one for a long time now!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I'm lucky here in Dayton it's only about a 35 min. drive to go see the other P-61, I saw a show on T.V. a while back where they were showing plane wrecks that were being recovered and this P-61 was the one being recovered on the show.

I think this is a really unique aircraft and looks like a lot of fun to fly.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Well maybe we need to get the community's freeware designers together... as I have one.

External mesh complete. Most external animations completed.

Needs VC internals and texturting.

Given to me by a well known designer who wanted to help with a SOH fund drive... so donationware is the name of the game.

If any aircraft developer (freeware or otherwise) can respect that aspect of the release.... I would love to work with them to see this aircraft make it into FSX.. and to help SOH to boot!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Can you send me the external mesh?? i dont care if its painted or not or even animated or not.. i can get started on the flight model with it and we can put the baby together..

Pam

PS.. doesnt need a panel either.. i use a custom set of gauges while developing..

How wild it would be if MAAm did one along with the actual bird being restored?? How much money could they make to add to the resto? I bet a bunch.....come on MAAM!!!

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Pam most of us warbird lovers have been wanting one for a long time now!
    thats a fact
    Ted
    have been working with Michaels original,cannot wait tosee how far it has come
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Blog Entries
    Rob's been reworking the station ribs throughout the plane and i've been fine tuning some of the systems to break when they're supposed too. Hopefully, this week, i'll be passing the plane to my lead tester ( Paul Frimston ) and he'll start the process of shredding the flight model into itty bitty bits and pieces so we can begin surgery on ity and repair all those little places a single set of eyes is bound to miss.. Right now at full mil power, the plane is developing 2287 horsepower and fly's at 345 mph without WEP. With WEP, she'll do 366 - 380 mph.
    You might not like the flaps. They're weird, in that at the same time that they can almost halve your turn radius ( well, it "feels" like half ) they also punch the nose downward. They take a little getting used too, and i'm not sure what degree of downward motion was experienced on the real plane, but the training manual did give a good natured warning about it and solutions for working with it, including starting your flare higher, using a steeper glideslope, using more power to maintain airspeed, everything.. Yesterday I was testing the gear and making sure it fails at 175 mph. It does, and stay's broken.
    The flaps are the same.. What i have to do now is go into the systems ( as they are ) and adjust the engines to fail at the right manifold pressure, RPM, time, etc.. Its not Accusim, but it's the best i can do, and i really want it to be the very best of my best.
    Pam

PS.. Henry. Michael gave us a great model to begin with, but Roberts taken it into a whole new realm. Your gonna love it ..

Blog Entries

A bit of a treat for you officianado's out there :)

The reason we hadnt done this sooner was because there were no usable images for creating the nose art from,m SOOO,, I pulled what i had into a 3d modeler this morning and recreated the artwork point by point.. And dont worry, Outhouse mouse is still there too..

Attachment 48648