SOH P-61 project
Page 1 of 54 1234567891151 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH P-61 project

Blog Entries

SOH P-61 project

Make an FSX native model of a P-61?? I've had this hankering to do one for a couple years now, and its time one was done.. its not like its going to be yet another p-61.. There havent been any. Yes, I know it looks like a B-25 with an identity complex, but all you gotta do is watch the training vids for this thing and you'll see its far far from a B-25 and handles more like a small fighter..
    So PLEASE?????

Pam

Always loved the big twin-boomed fork-tailed Northrop beastie. What a fantastic aeroplane. Lots of interesting stuff ahead of it's time, like those spoilers for roll control. Love to have one of those to zoom around in FS land.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Pam most of us warbird lovers have been wanting one for a long time now!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Well maybe we need to get the community's freeware designers together... as I have one.

External mesh complete. Most external animations completed.

Needs VC internals and texturting.

Given to me by a well known designer who wanted to help with a SOH fund drive... so donationware is the name of the game.

If any aircraft developer (freeware or otherwise) can respect that aspect of the release.... I would love to work with them to see this aircraft make it into FSX.. and to help SOH to boot!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Can you send me the external mesh?? i dont care if its painted or not or even animated or not.. i can get started on the flight model with it and we can put the baby together..

Pam

PS.. doesnt need a panel either.. i use a custom set of gauges while developing..

How wild it would be if MAAm did one along with the actual bird being restored?? How much money could they make to add to the resto? I bet a bunch.....come on MAAM!!!

Pam, you may have started something wonderful here. I have a P-61 pilot's manual if you need data...
    HP Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Pam, you may have started something wonderful here. I have a P-61 pilot's manual if you need data...
    Hey Paul.. thats awesome. we can use all the help we can get ( and i could use accurate information ::lol:: )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    How wild it would be if MAAm did one along with the actual bird being restored?? How much money could they make to add to the resto? I bet a bunch.....come on MAAM!!!
    ::LOL:; gthat WOULD be cool.. but they've got a lot of irons in the fire in more places than FSX..
    No worries.. If crashaz agrees to work with me, i wont let you down.. I'll make it fly the absolute best that i can..

PM sent to ya warchild!

Lets see if we can get this baby off the ground.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah
    Ya know, i'm no expert on the history of this bird, but i cant help but feel it would have been perfect flying alongside the A-26's in Beliz and Vietnam, and would make a perfect complement to miltons A-26 in FSX..

Anyway.. Its showtime We got rock n roll..

Showtime. Rock-n-roll. Light the tires and kick the fires. I'm scanning in pages from my P-61 book. Also have Americas Hundred Thousand, a great book with tons of good data on US fighters, including performance data.
    HP Reverb G2

Here are some screenshots:

15 MB...warchild... you have skype?
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Blog Entries
    fannnntastic..
    let me get the model and get the blueprints printed out ( yahh.. i'm that much of an enthusiast ) and start figuring out the list of data that i'm gonna need..
    by any chance, does the book possibly give the data reference point that Northrop used?? I can fake it if not ( put it on the nose ) but it makes it much easier if i have the real thing..

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I'm lucky here in Dayton it's only about a 35 min. drive to go see the other P-61, I saw a show on T.V. a while back where they were showing plane wrecks that were being recovered and this P-61 was the one being recovered on the show.

I think this is a really unique aircraft and looks like a lot of fun to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    ... by any chance, does the book possibly give the data reference point that Northrop used?? I can fake it if not ( put it on the nose ) but it makes it much easier if i have the real thing..
    Unkown at this point. Will send what I have. I'll guess no. It's not an engineering document (like I have for the T-28), but a pilot's manual. America's Hundred Thousand has some surprisingly good nuggets on US fighters, but it's harder to scan in, since it's a big thick book.
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Well, that's actually the main reason why the real P-61 is being restored... So that we can setup its virtual cousin... :d

cheers,
    Jan

go to timelessvideo.co and get copy of the video cockpit checkout..fighters..i think thats the name..it has a wartime military film of a checkout (engine start up ect) of a P61...its pretty cool

I sent you an invite on Skype warchild.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Well, that's actually the main reason why the real P-61 is being restored... So that we can setup its virtual cousin... :d

cheers,
    Jan

Javis are you part of the resto? I was out there for the airshow and was amazes by the prgress and site of this plane. You guys are doing awesome!

Blog Entries
    ok guys.. I've got the model and will be starting on the FDE in the Morning.. We need VC and gauge guru's. Please step up to the plate.. Proceeds for this model go to a very worthy cause, so dont be shy..

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

cheers,
    Jan
    Yes, but this has been `in progress` for longer than the P-61 was in service... I seem to recall discussing this early after the release of the MAAM-Sim R4D.

Which was, of course, back in the FS2002 days when I still had hair on my head and not in my ears:mix-smi:.

if I recall, some guy at Avhistory ( i dont remember who) made a very accurate FDE for the P-61.