SOH P-61 project - Page 18
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH P-61 project

Just sittin here waiting for a some typhoon to hit the ROK, this one might get us good......

Talk Soon,

a26

Blog Entries
    ::LOL::i remember typhoons.. water up to your, well,, water up to there, and e erything wet, even the dry stuff.. I actually rather miss it. And thanks for telling your dad. He's definitely appreciated..

More gauges done...

Attachment 17313

Blog Entries
    Wait'll you see what he's wprking on next its very worth the wait..

I myself, had a good but difficult day as my breathing was out for revenge. BUT, i'm glad to report that my presentation was a success, and now i'm back working on the p-61 for another day.. ..

Tonight, i'm attempting to balance the forces of pitch lift and angle of attack ::lol; wish me well..

:salute: Good Luck and God Speed :salute:

a26

Blog Entries
    YOU ALL are doing a superb job on this baby! WOW what a TEAM!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Blog Entries
    Thanks Tex..

I've been tossing this plane around now for just over a month and, we've been building her as the fighter she was, to be honest, she's wonderful.. But i got a major reality check today of just how wonderful this plane was, and is in that, in flight sim, its hard not to imagine her as a nice little fighter, BUT... ::lol::

Attachment 17518

Blog Entries

FLIGHT Model 1.79 Alpha uploaded..

its on the file browser. Lots of changes by myself and Tom both including a solid movement towards compressibility..

With the next release we should be at a stage where we are just fine tuning the FDE and solidifying it..

Pam:

Adjusted the 433 table last night and get the start of a mach tuck at M.68 and if one continues past into the midt- hi .7's, it becomes uncontrollable....

Probably won't have time to shoot it to you this AM....

Cheers: Tom

Pam:

This is what the new 433 table looks like, very small adjustments affect the mach pitch moment, a lot.

Cheers: T

Going into a 3-day weekend here is what I have on the panel...

Attachment 17635

That's looking great, 056!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Does anyone know if a Macbook warranty covers drooling??????? :salute::salute::salute:
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Blog Entries
    Thaks Tom thats awesome ... N2056 Lookin fantastic ..
    Fraid i'm goin to need to beg your patience with me.. I transferred over my motherboard to a new case and now i'm getting the dreaded 780i motherboard FF Error on power on with it. tried everything and have no clue so i'm taking it in on tuesday. In the meantime i've got a little computer that i can use for forum work but it just aint got the gumption for anything more than that..
    Bear with me..

Pam:

Good luck with the computer! I'm on my first factory built one since 1987. The rate of change seems to have gotten to the point where you almost need all new parts every time. Time... something always in short supply!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Tom..
    I'm going to fiddle with it a bunch more today. Since i didnt add anything or make any changes, its all a bit harder to troubleshoot, but hopefully i'll figure it out. in the mean time i've loaded teamspeak on the toaster ( the tiny dell i'm using as a backup ) so i can at least talk with folks.. We'll see how it goes

Pam, just a suggestion, (which I'm sure you've already tried, but try it again...) unplug everything, all connectors, memory sticks, everything. I recently built a new unit, had it working in an older case, then bough the one I'm using now. I had the same problem. After a couple hours, I finally just stripped the board and started over. Has worked fine since.

Just a suggestion.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Blog Entries
    thanks Don.. I'm gonna give that a shot this afternoon, before we pull the board completely and try to get it to post outside of the case.. Semi worst is my computer shop reopens on tuesday morning and i can take it in for repairs.. Absolute worst and i'll need to wait till the first of next month to get a new mother board..

Had a chance to work over a few more items, including the mach drag to ramp it up in the "high drive", Increased the brake scalar such that the plane handles fine with out nose steering, fussed with the CHT some more and adjusted the overspped values a bit. We had 430 knots in there, but the real book value is 430 mph. Inserted values a little above the book numbers, as they are meant to be safe operating values, not a number if exceeded by 1 knot for 30 sec will cause the plane to explode. However passing the mach value by much will start a increasingly un recoverble mach tuck... with fatal consequences. With the adjusted mach values the SL and high altitude speeds match pretty well.

I realize you guys are investing a lot of personal time into this and I'm greatly looking forward to it. I would only add that hopefully in the future, you guys will consider making an F-15 Reporter. I say hopefully, because it would be a lot of work as, IIRC, the F-15 was based off of the P-61C, not the P-61B. Anyway, great work.

Here's the autopilot with a lot of the bits put in. Still a lot of animation to work up to get it to work. I lost a lot of the weekend dealing with a failed refrigerator :isadizzy:

Attachment 17837

Looks great Robert!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Reefers...

Mine had/has a wonky temp control which I finally figured out how to get to. Worked it over with contact cleaner, behaving so far. Amazing you can still get the parts for a 20 year old fridge! So if the contacts are worn, a new part is (Clintonian emphasis) ... "available".

Good luck!!!!

On subject: Increased the flap span up from 50%, added some lateral adjustments to get rid of a high speed dutch roll on autopilot, and who knows what else.

T

Blog Entries
    ::LOL: I wanna fly it

Don!!. your suggestion worked.. Thank you .. Most appreciated.. Guess you guys are gonna have to put up with my good attitude and bad spelling a little while longer :;chuckles::

Tom!. Can you drop that fde on the file browser??

I'll try and get caught up today. Please bear with me..

Pam