P51 Cockpit

Thread: P51 Cockpit

Wow, great stuff. I could have used that about 2 years ago when I was repainting the cockpit of a P-51 and reassembling all the levers and knobs and placards, lol.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hey, that looks familiar!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Bomber...any word on the new models that were put out for FS9...will they be in FSX soon? Also.....weren't you working on a D model?

Nice, I was at the air show. I tried to get a photo of the cockpit, but photo did come out as nice as wish it would of.
    Hammer353

TopDollar
    Oh cool. This shot was actually taken at the 2010 Geneseo Airshow. A show that I attend every year. It always has a great lineup of WWII Warbirds. It's the P-51C Tuskegee Airmen Red Tail. Here are a couple shots I got of it at the show. Thanks for the link.

Here's think link to the rest of the album if anyone is interested
    http://picasaweb.google.com/TopDollar38/Geneseo2010#

Wow, that is neat. Feels like I'm actually sitting in it. The next best thing to being there Very nice of you to share this

I' very impressed! The view is actually spherical, I wonder how the photographer did that without flaws. Very good work.

Cheers,
    Mark

Spectacular!!!....but I wonder if that pair of vice-grip pliers was standard issue:salute:
    HA HA now you have to go back and see if you can find 'em

Steve

somethings not right with it! when i tried to start it up NOTHING HAPPENED! the freaking battery wouldnt even turn on whats going on!?!

I read a little on what they did to make it - I guess it only took around 10 or so photos to do - there is some type of special software/equipment that gets the job done quite easily I believe.

Skyhawk, yep, all work has been focused on D-model type Mustangs at this time. There is no decision right now about the dorsal-fin variants of the B/C models coming over to FSX, but I certainly think it's an eventual-possibility. There will have to be some other things done before that will happen however.

By the way, for those that may not know, the vice-grips are there in the cockpit, incase the gear handle were to break. Originals are known to break, while there are reproductions that are much stronger and less likely to do so.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Topdollar i was looking at the other pics from the airshow and noticed that the avenger was there. i was there on saturday and it was not there. I thank you for sharing the your pics.
    Hammer353