OT: RIAT 2010 (Photos)

Thread: OT: RIAT 2010 (Photos)

OT: RIAT 2010 (Photos)

Bit of a large photo post from Fairford over the weekend (Saturday, Sunday, Monday), which I thought some of you may enjoy. Maybe not the strongest of line-ups they've ever had, but there was still plenty to cater for everyone, as is always the case with RIAT!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Wow!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH-CM-2023
    Very nice photos and camera technique. Good camere too.

ARDVARK
    Bloody Brilliant pics, nice-one :salute:

Great shots mate, And wow an A400M class! Wish I had of been there!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Charter Member 2011
    nice pics .. i wont be able to see the results of my camera work till sunday, parents ran off with the camera
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Wow! Those are some GREAT pics! Amazing detail!

I must know, what kit did you use? Please tell me you're a Canon man.

gajit
    Well done :salute:

well as Volunteer staff for the Royal International Air Tattoo i must say i hope you enjoyed it?

great shots, and always fun at RIAT, myself... well i spoke to Paul Bonhomme, went in nearly every aircraft on site and generally worked my ass off, as such no photos from me apart from the ones i got in my breaks and after public had left, unfortunately no main cam again this year, i never take the thing because i'm there to work and enjoy the show, anyhow... great shots, and looking forwards to seeing yours too Stiz. :salute:

Thanks very much, everyone! And yes, I did indeed enjoy it, Smoothie.

Quote Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
    I must know, what kit did you use? Please tell me you're a Canon man.
    Canon 400D (two of them, in fact), along with 400mm F/5.6L, 70-200mm F/4.0L, and the static Herc was taken with a 17-85mm IS - all Canon too.

Outstanding!

That 400mm is a great lens - maybe someday you'll get the 400mm f/2.8L IS?

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    well as Volunteer staff for the Royal International Air Tattoo i must say i hope you enjoyed it?
    well i loved it (was only there sat). The only downside was comeing back, we where on the green route which was the quickest way for us, fine on the way in, but comeing out we where directed the other way and so we had to go to swindon, bristol, then north, added about 1 hr to the journy for a total of nearly 6hrs

The weather was a bit of a pain as well, not in the fact it didnt rain .. but in the fact that with the wind i couldnt feel my face burning .. so i've got a nice red face now o well, it was worth it!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Charter Member 2015
    Great pics, hope to make it to RIAT and Farnborough myself sometime.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    The weather was a bit of a pain as well, not in the fact it didnt rain .. but in the fact that with the wind i couldnt feel my face burning .. so i've got a nice red face now o well, it was worth it!
    unlucky there Stiz, yeah a few of my colleagues got wind-burnt. it was fun though i was on site before 0630 most mornings and leaving just gone 2100 most evenings... hangar party on the sunday night was bloody brilliant, i won't even say why.... if any of you are there next year pop into an Info centre and say hi, you'll find myself and SteveB in one of them, not neccessarily in just 1 of them though

roll on 2011, and lets hope the weather is just as good if not better next year... heres to what was a successful RIAT :ernae:

Anyone know why the Raptor demo team didn't have one Raptor as static or even put the live Raptor on the flightline with the rest of the display aircraft? It's not like it hasn't been photographed a million times at close range so I can't understand why they were kept miles from the public.

Shame I didn't realise where they were at the start so I didn't keep walking up and down the long line hunting them!!

Cracking photos Tweek.

Was a good show. Bring back the Backfire!

Ooooo, A400M!

What was the Patrouille Suisse's display like?
    I found it fairly disappointing at this year's ILA compared to 2006.

When the A400M last as long as the C-130, then I will be impressed.:salute: Very nice pictures.

[MARQUEE]WOW ----- thank goodiness [/MARQUEE]

Wish I could get such photos, come to that, wish I was there, quite the show.

Many thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Raptor was not on static for as we were briefed 'security reasons', every day she went back inside her hangar. the A400M display is really quite something, as is the Kiwi 757 display...

Bjoern the Pat Sui flew beautifully, as did the reds, but the reds were not the best, Saturday the outside guys appeared to struggle and strayed wide a few times... the Sunday they were neater, Pat Fr. flew brilliantly both days... Speaking to the Norwegian viper crew on sunday night their Tiger F-16 won best show scheme, and i can see why... thing was a beauty! even the lightweight Extras of the RJF's kept things together despite a wind that grounded the Lancaster...

wow...

I just went to an airshow in duluth and I thought some of pics were good.... guess not lol!

My 800 dollar lens can't even get shots like that! What equipment are you running?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Bjoern the Pat Sui flew beautifully
    Good to hear!

As I've siad...the display I've seen was a tad disappointing. :/

I saw these pictures just now. Very nice, I really like the one from the Patrouille de France.