Rolling out of the JF hanger next... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolling out of the JF hanger next...

Gorgeous screenshots Martyn!

Baz, the following is taken from Squadron/Signals Publication Aircraft Number 49 " Se.5a in Action"

"Only one true development of the S.E.5a was constructed. Known as the S.E.5b, it featured longer upper wings: 30 feet 6 inches with a chord of 6 feet; shorter lower wings: 26 feet 6 inches with a chord of 4 feet 3 inches. The interplane struts had a very pronounced outward rake. A large round spinner was fitted over a two bladed propellor that blended into a streamlined nose.
    Powered by a 200 hp direct drive Aires Hispano-Suiza engine with an underslung radiator that swung backward and could be partially retracted, the S.E.5b's performance was found to be not as good as that of the S.E.5s. Unfortunately the larger upper wings created additional drag, negating the benefits of the streamlined nose and shorter lower wings.
    When later fitted with the standard S.E.5a wings it's performance improved, but not by very much. The S.E.5b remained at Farnborough for a number of years where it was often flown experimentally."

The Publication also has a nice black and white picture of the S.E.5b, plus a thrre-plan drawing.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hi Nick, what's the other native on the market?
    Hi Baz, it was the first native FSX model from Alphasim. made by Dan. I think it was released around late 2006, early 2007, certainly there was bugger all available for FSX at the time.

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/alphasim_se5a.htm

At the time of release I thought the VC looked fantastic, but gosh haven't things moved on in such a short period of time! Still a nice plane though.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Baz, please, continue on.
    ...No offense meant towards anyone who posted. But that other native can't compare to what is displayed in the main topic.

FSX is shining more and more every day

Excuse me, I wasn't holding Baz or AH back, mearly making an observation.
    Cheers,

Nick

Steady boys, nobody's offended, I was just interested. Quite forgotten about the Alpha one. Thanks Nick.

Bazz,
    That rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    Yes absolutely! And it's freeware now!

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

More than welcome mate, looking forward to this one. Any thoughts on a little period field to go with it, or perhaps a few trenches on the northern front to fight over?
    Cheers,

Nick

Absolutely wizard! Can't wait.
    I hope, Baz, that your next 'Rolling Out' announcement will quote Capt. W.E. Johns - "The Camels are coming".

One wing good - two wings better.

Loving the look of this, and indeed- the AS one won't compare, but then it is very old (and was one of, if not the first FSX release).

Woof. :ernae:
    Forever lurking.

Well, that was a very low key release. Deserve's much more fanfair!!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Our PR guy is currently on holiday so it was a little more low-key than it should have been. Will be kicked up next week when he's back

:salute:

For those of you who don't already own it, the S.E.5A is currently on sale for £9.99 (usually £19.99):

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=549