Creating flightplans with multiple destinations

Thread: Creating flightplans with multiple destinations

Creating flightplans with multiple destinations

I'm looking at doing a round the world tour, which I may well document on here, and I've been trying to create a flightplan that includes every destination I plan to stop at. In FSX though, the only way I know how is to set your departure airport and destination, and then drag waypoints around on the map. That's pretty damn time consuming though, and for some reason my computer struggles to keep up with me dragging the points around. Fine rendering scenery and complex aircraft, but it'll be damned if it's going to navigate a small map at any great speed! Also, as well as being time consuming, it doesn't plan for things like air ways (I plan on using low altitude air ways the whole way). Airport to airport directly might get a little tedious and boring.

I was wondering if there was maybe an external application/website I could punch ICAOs into, for it to then give me a handy little file that I could use in FSX. I realise I could do every leg individually, but I'd rather have one huge overview that I could load up once, and have loaded for me when I pick up from where I left off.

Use the default one. Open the flight planner and enter your start airport, Then enter the destanation airport, Then just drag the red line to where you want the waypoints to be. click Find route ....... If it looks right ......Save ......
    It's pretty simple.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    I was wondering if there was maybe an external application/website I could punch ICAOs into, for it to then give me a handy little file that I could use in FSX.
    Plan-G is free and will do exactly what you want.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    Plan-G is free and will do exactly what you want.
    Thankyou very much! Much quicker than doing it in the sim. Working on a longgg flight plan now.