'Terlet Glider Field.'

Thread: 'Terlet Glider Field.'

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

'Terlet Glider Field.'

Even though I lived where I live today for all my life, I never visited the Terlet Glider field before. I passed by it plenty of times, driving on the Arnhem-Apeldoorn highway which is right next to it. Yesterday I was driving there again and saw the gliders flying overhead. It was too late to make a stop there so I decided to go back today. After all it's only a twentyfive minute drive. The weather was pretty good today; windy but warm and sunny so good weather for glider pilots.

Of course I had to bring the camera with me!

View to the south; the mast and apartment blocks on the horizon are part of the city of Arnhem. On the far side of the field there are gliders too but I couldn't get closer to that location (Without breaking any rules that is)

A view to the west; the trailer parking is in front, the starting position on the left on top of the hill:

Founded in 1932 so it's a few years older than the Deelen AFB which is right next to it:

A small monument for a glider pilot that apparently died during a flight (Duo seater) in 1958:

Diamond Dimona motor glider:

Coming in to land:

Tow cable release:

Close up of that Dimona:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Another motor glider, a Discus T (At least that's what it says on the fuselage):

An ASM 238:

A DG 505:

A Limbach-Falke motor glider:

Plenty of warning signs to watch out for wildlife, and more than a few cattle grids on the roads. Not just for wild boars and deers, but problably also for these fellas:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Great pictures

How do you like the 7D? Also what kind of image quality are you getting with the 70-300 at 18mp?

Cool pictures, I enjoyed looking at them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]