Need ideas

Thread: Need ideas

poet,traveler

Need ideas

Ok,here it is.I am supposed to be hiking,buggered my knee up so that fell apart. Then I was going on a 4x4 trip out west for a week......cancelled due to health issues of the guide.(a great guy named Frenchie LaChance)

I'm out of ideas,would love to do a 4x4 trip and/or some Aviation museums,been to Dayton and SAC-Omaha,also Fort Knox.I have time off and the funds to play a bit.(I'm a cheap date):d

so?
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

I don't know Safn, need more info...you into history, intense experience??? Drive to Oshkosh??

What is it that makes you go pitter patter....

(Besides Tequila)
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

poet,traveler
    Ships,tanks and planes.I also like to explore with my 4x4.I wouldn't mind flying on a B-24,17 or 25 either but I don't think I could do the AT-6 combat fight.Claustrophobia and motion sickness issues.But there is always Scopolomine. My 4x4 is pretty much stock but I have been to Moab with it and gone over Elephant hill so I have an idea what I'm doing.(can't lose the italics for some reason)

It has been a trying summer,nothing has gone right but it's no big deal.Man what I would give for a couple of hours in the drivers seat of an M60A1.:d

You could do the Commerative Air Force in Harlengin (sp?) Texas. They do have flyable warbirds, but I don't have a clue what's on the road and what is at home for rides. I imagine that from wherever you are, there may be an off-road track along the way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    You could do the Commerative Air Force in Harlengin (sp?) Texas. They do have flyable warbirds, but I don't have a clue what's on the road and what is at home for rides. I imagine that from wherever you are, there may be an off-road track along the way.
    They are now located in Midland-Odessa, at the airport.

Don't know where you are starting from but the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola FL is on par with the USAF at Wright Pat.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Two good ones here in San Diego...

http://www.midway.org
    http://www.aerospacemuseum.org
    Regards,
    Robert

poet,traveler
    Mankato,MN.I thought about going down and seeing the USS Texas.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Davis-Monthan Pima museum is great - lots of one-of-kinds, the recycling center is so sad though, all these great planes awaiting melt down
    +
    You can also warm up in the bright Arizona sunshine! LOL

Bob

poet,traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Davis-Monthan Pima museum is great - lots of one-of-kinds, the recycling center is so sad though, all these great planes awaiting melt down
    +
    You can also warm up in the bright Arizona sunshine! LOL

Bob
    I was supposed to be going to Arizona for the 4x4 trip.Too bad, it would have been a week camping out and exploring.And the thing is I have a couple of months to use up,that's the hard part.:d

Happiness Consultant
    Sorry, yer not my type ... I don't care how cheap you are! :d
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

I'd highly recommend one of the bomber flights. Done the 17 and the other two are on my list to do. Also think the AT-6 would be fun...with all that glass, I don't think you'd be claustrophobic, they've got pills for motion sickness :d I've been crammed into the back of a P-51C , with alittle motion sickness to boot...still a ride of a life time.
    The M-1 is alot funner than the M-60...better yet is the M-88, you can see what your going to run over in it.
    Whatever you do, have fun.
    Curt

poet,traveler
    Tomorrows fun is an MRI of my knee,he thinks I tore the cartilage.Yahoo.

We had the gas powered M-88's,man what a sound when they cranked up.I'm just having a small case of the old man blues but I know I don't have anything to really complain about,I have it pretty good right now.Just miss driving that big steel monster through the mud in Germany.

We had a lot of fun and I have some good memories.:d

Members who have read this thread: 0