I'd rather walk!

Thread: I'd rather walk!

Hybrid View

I'd rather walk!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sA-Hk_jnPg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sA-Hk_jnPg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

tigisfat
    That must've been a strong storm to produce those kinds of effects without actually going through it. What is this? A KC-135? I guess it's gotta be a 135 because he said "boom" and there aren't any glass cockpit KC-10s that I'm aware of.

MCDesigns
    HOLY CRAP! I would have needed several pairs of new underwear after that flight.

Getting a shaken Vodka Martini has never been so easy. :d

Charter Member 2015
    Yep... KC-135 is my guess too...4 engines

A massive fuel filled tube being bombarded by electrical strikes....not scary in the least!! :isadizzy:
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The only time I thought I was going to blow junks while flying was on a 135 flying into Andrews AFB. The turbulence was crazy. The smoothest landing was also on my last KC-135 ride. The base commander was piloting and set it down so soft at O'Hare that I didn't realize we had touched down.

It is indeed a KC 135.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

The worst ride I ever had was on a C-5. the crew was doing inflight refueling drills with a KC-10. The #2 engine on the 10 was blowing right on the tail of the C-5, even the loadmasters were getting green.

I think they would've had to, shall we say, replace my seat cushion after that flight. Ditto on MC's underwear comment. :d