Fw190A early variants 2.0 released and more - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fw190A early variants 2.0 released and more

Fantastic Costumer-Support - great update ! Looking forward to the 108 und 110

Dirk

will download update soon as i can i am kind of not happy right now just went to redownload my bird from pilot shop at flightsim.com they want me to pay again to reup my link so i can get the update thats just wrong
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Mike, both FS Pilot Shop and SimMarket do not have the new files up and running yet.
    If you purchased at either of the two places I'd ask for a little bit of patience, they should be ready early in the coming week. On the issue of expired downloads over there, we will sort that out, too. Nobody needs to pay twice.
    Mathias

Guys, the updated decals for early series update are ready, but I have some
    problem with my Internet connection.
    Will upload them as soon as resolve them.
    Will be posted at Italian Wings first and then at SOH, Simviation and Fightsim.

Sorry for the delay.
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by alx View Post
    Guys, the updated decals for early series update are ready, but I have some
    problem with my Internet connection.
    Will upload them as soon as resolve them.
    Will be posted at Italian Wings first and then at SOH, Simviation and Fightsim.

Sorry for the delay.
    Thanks for the update - very apprechiated :salute:

I don't understand.
    How can I redownolad v2.0 of Early version?
    I buyed previous version. I can just download 2.0 version or I have to buy it?

In my "ordering information" I can not press "download" icon...

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I don't understand.
    How can I redownolad v2.0 of Early version?
    I buyed previous version. I can just download 2.0 version or I have to buy it?

In my "ordering information" I can not press "download" icon...
    Merkava,
    just download the original product again from the "your account" link in the classics hangar shop (that is if you purchased at the classics hangar. The partners are not yet ready)
    If you can't find your purchase history in the shop please send an e-mail to support@classics-hangar.de, if possible with the original order number and we will sort it out.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Merkava,
    just download the original product again from the "your account" link in the classics hangar shop (that is if you purchased at the classics hangar. The partners are not yet ready)
    If you can't find your purchase history in the shop please send an e-mail to support@classics-hangar.de, if possible with the original order number and we will sort it out.
    Very thank you!
    Now i find correct button.
    It's all becouse my poor english...
    Thank you again.

Maybe it's "wrong qwestion" for here. Am I alone who like Early more than Later? I don't mean those outstanding models from Classics Hangar. They both are GREAT. I mean real airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Very thank you!
    Now i find correct button.
    It's all becouse my poor english...
    Thank you again.

Maybe it's "wrong qwestion" for here. Am I alone who like Early more than Later? I don't mean those outstanding models from Classics Hangar. They both are GREAT. I mean real airplanes.
    Glad that it's sorted!

On the early variants, yeah, I know what you mean.
    The early variants are just like the designer thought it up originally, clean lines everywhere, in and out.
    The later the variants the more stuff is thrown in and moved around where functionality and budget wins over design.
    Having said that, yes, I too like the early variants more from a designer's point of view.
    Mathias

Glad that it's sorted!

On the early variants, yeah, I know what you mean.

Having said that, yes, I too like the early variants more from a designer's point of view.
    I'm designer. It's the unswer.
    Thank you for understanding and exploration of my "strange feel" for earler versions of German military vehicles of WWII period. Absolutelly ideal proportions, lines, corners, colors...
    Do you plane to make Stuka? It's my favorite...

Mathias, thank you for this fantastic update to an already superb model.:salute:

WOW 422MB Download.

Must be a lot of extra good stuff.

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Mathias, I thought I saw a post from alx that he was going to post the new realistic tail markings on his site and several others. Is this true? I would not mind doing the change myself. Just a quick question, do I add the symbol onto the ch_fw190a4_1.dds file? This is unlike the previous version I know.

Thank, Tom
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hi Tom,

Alessandro has them finished however he has some problems with his internet connection. (See post 29 from this thread). Texture lay out is different after this update. Repaints for the previous early variants don't work on this version, therefore I will wait until the tail markings arrive at Italian Wings.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Mathias, I thought I saw a post from alx that he was going to post the new realistic tail markings on his site and several others. Is this true? I would not mind doing the change myself. Just a quick question, do I add the symbol onto the ch_fw190a4_1.dds file? This is unlike the previous version I know.

Thank, Tom

Hi Tom,

yes, Alessandro has the historically correct tail markings ready.
    It's just that he experienced some connection issues today, otherwise they would allready be up at italianwings.

The insignias now go to the ch_fw190_noseart_t.dds, respectively ch_fw190_noseart2_t.dds.
    Each paint has it's own noseart sheet in the texture.n folder.
    There are templates in FSX_Root\Classics Hangar\Fw190A1\Paintkit.
    The story with the two separate noseart sheets is that each covers a slidely different area of the fuselage.
    As a repainter you would choose one that suites your needs best and leave the other out.
    Usually you would go with noseart_t.dds as it suite 95% of all scenarios but there are a few paint schemes that require the use of the noseart2_t.dds.
    Whatever you choose, put only one of the both textures into the texture.x folder, never both.

BTW, are you planning to update your repaints? Would sure love to see them.
    Unfortunately I couldn't avoid a few remappings, but they are only minimal and affect mostly the forward section of the aircraft.
    Mathias

Here's two screenshots from the design proggy showing the areas that are covered by the two noseart sheets (the colored areas).
    You see that engine nacelle and tail are identical, only the fuselage section is slidely different:

This is covered by noseart_t.dds

..and this is noseart2_t.dds, the fuselage decal is slidely moved aft.
    Mathias

Thanks Mathias, that helps considerably. Is alx going to post the historically accurate versions later? Again, I thought I saw something from him about that but do not know where.

archangelmj12

Angry New Variants and upgrades?

Ok Gentlemen,personally i think we deserve an apology,i purchased the new pack three months ago,and what type of situation have i had with this so called variant?the plane flies well ,looks good,and it would be great if you could fly more than ten miles without the plane falling out of the air,the engine sputters alll guages show everything is ok,the fuel is fine ,and adjusted correctly so what gives with this?ive flown it tn times ,the same thing happens repeatedly so ive given up and im finding these kids out here and these privatre programmers do a better job then the vast majority of the payware.Sorry,,,just had to interject .
    please accept my appologies for that long post,
    but we have quite a few updates at the Classics Hangar.

Fw 190 A, The Early Variants Version 2.0 for Flight Simulator X

We have entirely reworked our Fw 190 A, The Early Variants to bring it up to the standard of our award-winning Fw 190 A, The Late Variants package.
    Check out http://www.classics-hangar.de/produkte_fw190a1_en.htm for details.
    As usual, the reworked handbook is available as a free download.

If you have previously purchased Fw 190 A, The Early Variants, you can upgrade to Version 2.0 at no cost.
    Just re-download the package from the shop.
    Please remove all previous versions before installing version 2.0.
    Make sure that your computer meets the updated system requirements!

The new version is currently available at the Classics Hangar Shop.
    The affiliates should have the upgraded files shortly.

Special offer until 18. April 2010!
    25% off of all products in the Classics Hangar Shop!
    The offer ends Sunday, 18.5.2010 at 24:00 Central Europe Summer Time.

Fw 190 A, The Late Variants for Flight Simulator X, Update to Version 1.22
    Version 1.22 includes a number of little bugfixes.
    Due to the size of the modified files it's not really feaseable to offer a patch
    so we suggest to re-download the product from the Classics Hangar Shop.
    Please remove all previous versions before installing version 1.22.

Revision 1.22
    07. April 2010

Updates and fixes:

Just Fly Utlity is now part of the main installer.
    Shortcut added to the start menu.

All exterior models:
    Missing gear cover extension when bomb load is selected - fixed.
    Missing radio antenna inside the canopy - fixed.

Fw190A-5 and Fw190A-5 MGFF exterior models:
    Removed headrest support cables (introduced with the A-6).

Fw190A-5 MGFF exterior model:
    Dublicated left wing geometry - fixed.

Fw190A-8/R2 Sturm and Fw190A-9:
    Removed obsolete payload entries from aircraft cfg.

German language installation only:
    Payloads on all aircraft A-7 to A-9 in English language - fixed

Matthias a quick question if I may - what method do you use to create/texture the wire running from the fuselage to the vertical stabiliser? Do you just use a line or a very small cylinder?

Yours seems to be 'consistent' in it's appearance, wheras in many projects it looks like it is breaking up.

[Thanks Mathias, that helps considerably. Is alx going to post the historically accurate versions later? Again, I thought I saw something from him about that but do not know where.]

Sorry, I did not see your post above the explanation. Yes I will redo all my paints to fit the new model. That should give this old retiree something to do for a while. Great aircraft!!!

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by archangelmj12 View Post
    Ok Gentlemen,personally i think we deserve an apology,i purchased the new pack three months ago,and what type of situation have i had with this so called variant?the plane flies well ,looks good,and it would be great if you could fly more than ten miles without the plane falling out of the air,the engine sputters alll guages show everything is ok,the fuel is fine ,and adjusted correctly so what gives with this?ive flown it tn times ,the same thing happens repeatedly so ive given up and im finding these kids out here and these privatre programmers do a better job then the vast majority of the payware.Sorry,,,just had to interject .
    You should be fine if you stick to the procedures and engine limits as outlined in the fairly detailled documentation, that is the handbook, reference lists and checklists.
    Other than that there is the Just Fly utility that allows you to dissable all those custom failures so that you can just kick the plane around to your hearts content.
    If you think you are experiencing some sort of bugs with this aircraft please contact me at support@classics-hangar.de and we will sort it out.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    Matthias a quick question if I may - what method do you use to create/texture the wire running from the fuselage to the vertical stabiliser? Do you just use a line or a very small cylinder?

Yours seems to be 'consistent' in it's appearance, wheras in many projects it looks like it is breaking up.
    The antenna is a five-sided cylinder that started life as a spline in Max, Skittles.
    The part outside of the canopy uses just a small space on the texture sheet painted with a single color.
    The part of the antenna that's running backwards inside of the canopy occupies a bit more texture space and is textured using texture baking.
    That is it has a 3d procedural metal shader applied and the so created surface colors are projected on the texture sheet using the 3d application.
    Mathias

The antenna is a five-sided cylinder, Skittles.
    The part outside of the canopy uses just a small space on the texture sheet painted with a single color.
    The part of the antenna that's running backwards inside of the canopy occupies a bit more texture space and is textured using texture baking.
    That is it has a 3d procedural metal shader applied and the so created surface colors are projected on the texture sheet using the 3d application.
    Thanks for that. Will bear it in mind for future projects. I really need to get a grip on texture baking...

Cheers.

Huub Vink's brilliant repaints for the later models seem to work just fine

Thanks again Mathias, works like a charm. Here is the Historical version.

Attachment 4435

Members who have read this thread: 29