Warbird Group, Anyone? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warbird Group, Anyone?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I might try a flight or two in my P-47.

Hey Kiwikat. . .are you any closer to a Warbird Group than you were on page 1?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

you can count me in.

it would be kinda fun to maybe get more then just one type of Aircraft up at a time..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Hey Kiwikat. . .are you any closer to a Warbird Group than you were on page 1?
    I've got some people interested but that is about it. School has really been hectic the last couple weeks. Next week is going to be awful too.

Did you have something in mind? I still want to get something going.

A little 3 minute video of our formation flight from April...real life got in the way :mixedsmi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSdyqdsw2iQ
    - Andrew

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very very cool Andy!

I hope we can get some more flights scheduled after school is done for the summer.

I'm up for it come June. It took me a few hours, but I finally got FSHost straightened out.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Here's some shots from a multiplayer flight I stumbeld into tonight, turned out pretty well, I would really like to see something like this happen on a regular bassis

Attachment 8502Attachment 8503Attachment 8505Attachment 8504

Bah!!! Formation flying in FSX is easily squeezy! :icon_twi:
    Seriously though, beautiful video :ernae:

I know we have a flight server now, but posting a quick reminder in here would be great as well when an MP flight is planned. I flew quite a bit there when it was first opened, but as normally is the case, once the newness wears off, the participation drops off considerably and most times when I'm on there at night, there's no one else there. You can look at the posts and tell there's very little going on, just by the dates of the posts.

So if something is planned, it would be great if a little note was posted here with the time and place. Thanks:salute:

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I know we have a flight server now, but posting a quick reminder in here would be great as well when an MP flight is planned. I flew quite a bit there when it was first opened, but as normally is the case, once the newness wears off, the participation drops off considerably and most times when I'm on there at night, there's no one else there. You can look at the posts and tell there's very little going on, just by the dates of the posts.

So if something is planned, it would be great if a little note was posted here with the time and place. Thanks:salute:
    I read thru some of the posts, looks like a fair number of folks were interested in MP "Warbird" sessions (I am, as well), almost a year ago.. Yet, in that ten months of postings I didn't see any date/times/locations posted..
    I'm a "Bomber" vPilot (FS9 WOP B-17) but can fly a P-38 or P-51 if push comes to shove ;-} (P-38 MUST have a case of scotch in each boom stowage comparment! It's a "Balance" thing ;-})... However, will NOT fly a hairdryer under any circumstances ;-}..
    Bottom line, What Happened?
    I agree with Falcon that a pre-notification needs to be posted in a conspicuous spot.. Does SOH have a dedicated "Multiplayer Forum" for just such posts? (If not, can it get one?) A common thread get's "buried" rather quickly.
    Chas.
    Charles

Blog Entries
    The Around the world race/Multiplayer forum could be a perfct place to meet up and discuss multiplayer events and times.. Its not that busy and posts made there would be visible for sometime longer than in here..

I would definitely be interested in this from time to time.

It looks like after May of last year everyone disappeared, lol. I don't see kiwikat on much and the only folks over on the server that do much Warbird flying at all are Willy and several others who have a group called "Flight 19" (I think that's the name). They seem pretty active with flights most evenings, although I don't think every flight involves Warbirds. . . .anyone interested might check them out.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by DHC120 View Post
    Does SOH have a dedicated "Multiplayer Forum" for just such posts? (If not, can it get one?) A common thread get's "buried" rather quickly.
    Chas.
    Check in the AroundTheWorldRace/MultiplayerEvents forum here at SOH or check the FSHost Sessions forum over at the SOH Flight Center site.
    The Flight Center is a separate site (where we host the SOH FSHost and TeamSpeak servers) so you'll need to register there too.

Willy, PRB, MM, etc usually post their Flight19 meanderings here but we have events posted over at the Flight Center too.
    Usually there is hoplist info posted at the Flight Center too...although sometimes we get lazy and forget to update them.

Members who have read this thread: 0