FLIGHTSIM LABS CONCORDE X IS RELEASED!!! WOOHOO! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLIGHTSIM LABS CONCORDE X IS RELEASED!!! WOOHOO!

I'd image that if you are a 'true' Concorde fanatic, which this product is obviously made for, the price won't matter nearly as much as one with an average or glancing interest. It looks like you really have to 'know' the aircraft anyway, to truly appreciate all of the work that went into it. One look at the cockpit, and my eyes glaze over - what a tremendous endeavor, and very well executed, to say the least. I am sure on other boards, where the populous is made up of mainly modern-aircraft/airliner interest, this thing will speak to many more than here at SOH.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

MCDesigns
    Soooooooooooo,.... anyone got it yet? Impressions? screenshots?
    I'm not a fan of the concord, but it looks sweet!

No longer active
    70USD...that's almost 25% more expensive than the PMDG 747 which was already considered very expensive as its release.
    I flown once in the real Concorde and I have been waiting for this, but at that price tag, no way.
    Expecially from a company I've never seen a single product before...

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Soooooooooooo,.... anyone got it yet? Impressions? screenshots?
    I'm not a fan of the concord, but it looks sweet!
    Some screenshots from their forum:

-Hit's the No Sale Button.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Sorry, but that looks like an FS9 default aircraft VC to me. Low quality textures, blurry 2D gauges. The externals look ok, but it's nothing special. I certainly wouldn't pay $70/£45 for that, whether I was Concorde's biggest fan or not.

I'm not going to buy it anyway, I am not in the market this is aimed at, I fly GA and Warbirds. However, if I was in the market for this type of plane, the price alone would not deter me from purchasing (and I am very far from being well off, much less rich.)

As one poster said above, it seems like FSX is becoming a platform, and it seems, a damn good one, at that.

I don't know what the upcoming A2A B-17 will cost, but I will likely get it as soon as it is released, no matter what it costs because it fits in my area of interest. And, of course, A2A has an excellent reputation.

I would imagine the Concord, if it replicates the procedures used in the real one, would be a bargain for anyone interested in these type of aircraft. But until we have a couple of in depth reviews, why all the hate?

Well, crap, I have to flip the prop on my Cub, and do some spins.

Thumbs up Man! That was close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    -Hit's the No Sale Button.
    Same here!!! I was just about to hit the "Pay Now" button

Phew...... That was close. Thanks MirageIII2009 for those screenshots. I'm sorry to offend, but the VC is no where near today's standard let alone $70!

I'll wait for the 60% sale price.

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    70USD...that's almost 25% more expensive than the PMDG 747 which was already considered very expensive as its release.
    I flown once in the real Concorde and I have been waiting for this, but at that price tag, no way.
    Expecially from a company I've never seen a single product before...

Well,

first of all it's slightly cheaper than PMDG MD-11 and PMDG 747 at its release. Remember that price of 747 has been dropped only recently (after more than 2 years after release), it was 80$ before that.

This Concorde is an evolution of FS2004 SSTSIM Concorde (sstsim.com) so it's not completely unknown product. It appears that this one has all the features the old model had. Plus a lot more.

It is in many ways similar to PMDG products. For example it has the same panel state, configuration & failures system that can be found in 747, md-11 and Level-D 767. Even the icons when you hover over clickspots in VC are MD-11 alike.

The visuals are good enough not to be distracting, but not outstanding, 'just' good. Somewhere between PMDG 747 and MD-11 I think. All gauges are 2D, all switches are 3D, textures are sharp but in some places not perfectly aligned. In order to save FPS, flight engineer station can be operated from 2D panels only. Exterior is nice too, but as the interior, it doesn't make your jaw drop. Performance I think similar to other big and complex tubliners. Maybe slightly better.

Certainly it's not the aircraft for everyone, especially not for those who want just to load the aircraft and fly. Not because they can't do that here, actually, I've just loaded the aircraft, loaded panel state "ready for takeoff", turned on virtual FE who takes care over fuel and thrust rating, slammed the throttles and I was in the air in no time. But fliying this way I won't use 95% of the features I paid for.
    Mike

The external model looks well done, along with the reheat effect!

VC.... hmmmm... average I guess. But realistically would they be able to make 3d gauges with all those steam ones hehe? Not everyone is Mike from Lotussim

I won't be buying, mainly not my type. Even if it was, I'd have to think long and hard regarding the price.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by tracyq144 View Post
    I don't know what the upcoming A2A B-17 will cost, but I will likely get it as soon as it is released, no matter what it costs because it fits in my area of interest. And, of course, A2A has an excellent reputation.

Well, that's where this product is going to make it's money: Off the fanatical British Concorde fans. The rest like us are going to see the edited advertisements screenshots, so-so exterior and not be too impressed. I don't have a problem with a revamped older model provided it's up to par.

I'm out.

I will be eagerly awaiting the first full review to see about all of it's advertised features. I wanna know whether they are selling snake oil or if they have what they say.

I think the VC will actually be much nicer than it looks in static screenshots. Although the video advertisement had only fleeting glances at the VC, it looked much better in game.

I have faith in this being a fantastic add-on.

i havent took a look in there forums but the VC looks much better than this, im pretty sure of it.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Alright so I took it for a quick flight. Firstly this is not for the faint of heart. It flies extremely different from anything I have ever flown before (duh moment for me, cause of the delta wing). I will definately be spending more time on the ground learning the systems and such before attempting another flight. The Virtual Flight Engineer did manage the systems this time though, and thankfully helped me get back onto the ground safely. The high AoA makes for a very scary landing though. Even lowering the nose does not give such a great view of it. I personally think the VC looks good, but then again I loaded the high resolution textures. Not sure what kind of difference the normal textures make. I say I am satisfied. Definately complex that is for sure. Just have to read the manual in depth, and print out a checklist next flight. I think the bird looks nice though.

Sitting on the runway LFPB

Flight Engineer Panel

Center Pedastal

Very bad takeoff (loads and loads of power, plus it was empty, touchy on the flight controls too)

Close-up of the MLG. It actually has the updated tires recommended after the 2000 crash.

Wing trailing edge, and engine nacelles

Shot farther back showing the wing vortex.

Captains VC

F/O Side VC

Cruisin over Paris trying to get a feel for the controls
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Now time for the landing (the scariest part)

Coming in on final, nose lowered to 12.5 degrees (can't see anything except sky and what is out the side windows)

Captain VC view coming in on final

Coming over the fence (fingers crossed that I somehow find asphalt beneath the tires)

Shot from the nose back coming down the taxi way

Safely parked until I get time to study the manuals more and print out a checklist. Hopefully as I get more flights in the aircraft I get better. The high AoA, and landing/takeoff speeds combined make for some pucker factor moments though.
    Steve

70 bucks is a bit steep, and we enter the realism debate again. In a realistic Concorde you would have the help of a First Officer and a Flight Engineer. If they developed it so you can play those parts via shared cockpit with your buddies, great, thats a fantastic step toward FS realisim. It looks beautiful, but Bill's Victory is a 'concorde' in itself that a single pilot can enjoy

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the pics Steve.
    Can you say something about the FPS hit?

Thanks!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I haven't noticed any kind of FPS hit compared to the MD-11, or the 377 Stratocruiser. For awhile I was in a heavy fog and it didn't skip a beat. I actually had to modify the weather to clear myself (which is something I am strongly against, but I did it cause I'd rather clear the weather than crash), because I couldn't find the airport. I do have my frames locked at 20FPS though. I never had any luck using the unlimited setting like other people. Gauges all worked smooth in the VC. Another note on that is that all the panels on the FE station can be brought up in 2D windows. Is definately a complex bird though. I am sure once I spend some time in the manual and on the ground it will become second nature. At one point the MD-11 seemed hard as well, but now it is almost second nature. When I first started out on the 11 I couldn't even use a FMC. Although this aircraft seems to use some kind of coordinate based system that... As far as FPS goes though my system specs are i7-950, ASUS P6T V2 MB, 6GB RAM, Nvidia 285GTX, 750GB HD & 150GB Raptor 10,000RPM (for FSX), and I just use onboard sound. My FSX is setup as suggested by Nick N, and I use Nhancer.
    Steve

tigisfat
    What's the point of the spiky lattice thing atop the dash directly in front of you?

Honestly, it is like some developers are trying to lose sales by over pricing. This hobby is ridiculously expensive. $50 for and airport, $70 for a jet, $60 for some scenery..... There is a lot of stuff I would love to get if it was a matter $10-$25, but I have a very hard time dropping $50+ dollars for what amounts to a " part " of a game I play. No wonder developers are starving, nobody wants my business. :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    What's the point of the spiky lattice thing atop the dash directly in front of you?
    I don't think there is much point. Just a lattice to hold up the glareshield. It is true to the real cockpit though;

Attachment 2812

Thanks for the "mini-review" Steve! :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

For years I was huge into model railroading. I had to let it go when the cost of a single good quality locomotive was close to $100 US.

We all have a limit when it comes to recreational spending. This hobby is no different from any other
    Regards,
    Robert

Members +
    Considering I purchased FSX Gold edition for $53.00 the price they're asking for 1 aircraft is laughable.

This is me leaving their shop

Cheers :ernae:
    Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I think that is a flip-up anti glare screen/hood that they use when in cruise when the nose is up and they're totally IFR/Heads Down.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Members who have read this thread: 1