FLIGHTSIM LABS CONCORDE X IS RELEASED!!! WOOHOO!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLIGHTSIM LABS CONCORDE X IS RELEASED!!! WOOHOO!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

FLIGHTSIM LABS CONCORDE X IS RELEASED!!! WOOHOO!

It is finally released, this one should be lots of fun. Just wanted to let everyone know so I don't hog it all for myself. :ernae: http://www.flightsimlabs.com/ It is $69.99USD tho
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

at that price i won't even bother clicking on the link. it could be the best model ever made, but no way would i pay that

tigisfat
    Prediction: tech support will be a nightmare.

I only say this because I get a kind of sense of arrogance at their website. They have a purchase option right on the front page. Their advertising is more about the concorde legacy than it is about the product, as if their product actually has something to do with the original engineering and operations.

I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud, but it's just wierd.

Does we know any of these developers? Who are they? Any famous members?

I think Francois Dumas is involved, but I'm not sure about the rest of them.

I wish them the best of luck with the product.

Edit: And it seems the website is all about the product, so a wild assumption about their support seems completely unfounded, although not unexpected. Good to see the daggers are out right from the offset.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    It is finally released, this one should be lots of fun. Just wanted to let everyone know so I don't hog it all for myself. :ernae: http://www.flightsimlabs.com/ It is $69.99USD tho
    At that price it better fetch my beer too. A definite pass for me.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    Does we know any of these developers? Who are they? Any famous members?
    http://www.flightsimlabs.com/about/members/

​.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Their head dev Lefteris used to work over at PMDG. The guy who did the sound is the former sound guy from FSX itself. A few people also involved in the development of the SST-Sim Concorde from FS2004. The last one I flew was FS2000. I will get up some screens and thoughts at first oppertunity. I am finishing a flight I started in my MD-11, and then I have to go on watch tonight. So probably will be tomorrow or Tuesday before I get to put it fully through the wringer.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    At that price it better fetch my beer too. A definite pass for me.
    It's not a ridiculous price if you think about it. You will have paid $50 dollars for the A2A Accusim products, so for a concorde with hugely more complex modelling and some level of systems (don't know until some reviews float about) an extra $20 really isn't much.

If you DO want to find something ridiculous look at Tigisfat's comments!

Whew that's a fair deal more than I was prepared to pay. I think I'm going to have to pass on this for now.

Maybe later?

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    Sir, I see that you are somewhat new here...so you might not be aware of the fact that one of the things that makes this a good place to hang out is the fact that we don't make comments like that.
    Regards,
    Robert

Can't get into their site to check it out. For $70 it would have to be better than Accusimed. It would have to be a game in itself.

Any more comments like that and you'll find your membership suddenly and permanently gone. We do not condone or put up with personal attacks here. If that is what you want to do, then go elsewhere.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Apologies to Tigisfat, Willie and N2056.

My comment was intended as tongue-in-cheek, but I realise that this may not have come across the way I wanted. I was merely hoping to light-heartedly mention that suggesting the tech support will be poor is a little premature.

Apologies again, I'm not here to make trouble. :ernae:

Fabulous video from mhimhi! I wish them success with this great looking model:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

My comment was intended as tongue-in-cheek, but I realise that this may not have come across the way I wanted. I was merely hoping to light-heartedly mention that suggesting the tech support will be poor is a little premature.

Hey, thanks for that. Much appreciated! :ernae:
    Regards,
    Robert

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    Edit: And it seems the website is all about the product, so a wild assumption about their support seems completely unfounded, although not unexpected. Good to see the daggers are out right from the offset.
    Well, I did admit that it was wild speculation, so to speak. It doesn't appear a bad product, but they do appear extremely proud of it.

I'd like some detail shots. Does anyone own it? Their screenshots aren't really telling me anything. They're tiny and it's like they're avoiding showing us the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    Well, I did admit that it was wild speculation, so to speak. It doesn't appear a bad product, but they do appear extremely proud of it.

I'd like some detail shots. Does anyone own it? Their screenshots aren't really telling me anything. They're tiny and it's like they're avoiding showing us the aircraft.
    Above the screenshots there is a link which says 'click here for a fuller view.' You can then view them full size without hindrance.

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/aircraf...ckpit-gallery/

There for example.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I did not mean to create a tense situation at the outset of this thread. I can see peoples point that the aircraft is a lot of money, but this seems to be the direction payware is heading. I have been watching this aircraft for sometime and expected it somewhere in this range. FS is predominantly my main hobby so cost isn't as much of a factor for me as it is with people who have other hobbies or things they'd rather do with their money. I guess you can say this is to me like a drinking/smoking habit is to other people. That is why I was sure to include the price in my original post though so that way others wouldn't waste their time sifting through it if it wasn't their cup of tea. I do apologize though as I don't like disturbing the usually good vibe on this site. :redf:
    Steve

You did nothing "wrong". This has been a recurring issue when a product comes out with a price that is equal or greater than the price of FSX itself.

Everyone has his/her idea of what a given product is worth to them. In public venues such as this the friction arises from those given opinions colliding against the opinions of others.

In the end it would seem to me that you look at the given product, and decide if it is worth YOUR money. It's not rocket science...at least not to me :d
    Regards,
    Robert

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    I did not mean to create a tense situation at the outset of this thread. I can see peoples point that the aircraft is a lot of money, but this seems to be the direction payware is heading. I have been watching this aircraft for sometime and expected it somewhere in this range. FS is predominantly my main hobby so cost isn't as much of a factor for me as it is with people who have other hobbies or things they'd rather do with their money. I guess you can say this is to me like a drinking/smoking habit is to other people. That is why I was sure to include the price in my original post though so that way others wouldn't waste their time sifting through it if it wasn't their cup of tea. I do apologize though as I don't like disturbing the usually good vibe on this site. :redf:

nah, you didn't do anything wrong. It's all just talk for now. I'm sure if the aircraft turns out to have cutting edge features like it claims, the complaining will go away. It just doesn't look worth it yet. The exterior looks kinda plain so I won't jump into the bath unless I get a full report on how the water feels. I've been fooled before. Mike's super cub looked not so good in pre-release screenshots, but then I saw it first hand and thought it was great and worth the money.

They brought some of this on themselves. Editing screenshots makes you look super-shady.

Thats one steep price though but wow I'm not a tube flyer but this is one even I want!

I I were a huge Concorde fan I would drop the cash in a skinny minute and fly the hell out of it. I like the bird, but not enough. They did a beautiful job on it and I can't wait to see more screens and vids. I hope it is a bar raiser. If it is that just might be enough to push me over the edge to purchase. I just had a little sticker shock at the first post.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Holy.. *faint*.... *falling down stairs*.... *thud, thud, thud, thud*.... *THUD*.... *stirs*...
    i hope its PMDG quality... *faints again*
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

My view on FSX changed lately. I don't consider FSX a game or a simulation anymore. It's more like a platform, or OS for high fidelity simulation of an aircraft. I have very few payware planes, and when I'm thinking about getting new plane it has to be a plane on par with Falcon 4, DCS: Black Shark, Captain-Sim's C-130, A2A's Accusimed planes, VRSimulations SuperBug, Dodo's Bell, or this Concorde. I'll probably pass this Concorde, not because a price, but because I'm not a Concorde fan. I have to say it looks stunning though.

harleyman

Well said...Thank you Skittles..many times our written worn is does not come across as the way it was intended..

The biggest thing here is that we have members from across all these great lands..Its can get tricky at times...

But your point was understood with this post..

have fun...Welcone to SOH..

Members who have read this thread: 1