More Skyrider and an experiment

Thread: More Skyrider and an experiment

More Skyrider and an experiment

I've experimented with the *.spec files , what do you think? To much?

Probably a little bit too reflective, given that it looks fairly heavily weathered. You may get a better result if you vary it, with the faded bits being less reflective than the rest.

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Henry, I don't think it is too much. In reality, there are so many factors that vary with use and fading. It was not uncommon for military crews to use diesel fuel to clean equipment, vehicles and aircraft, which would give varing amounts of shine.
    Check out this website series of great photos for lots of examples. http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...cs-Vids-thread
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

dsawan
    looks nice

looks perfect to me

having seen many S.R.s, you've hit it spot on

Thanks for input!

I'l do some improvement

Looks great, I like it!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

HenryW, looks great to me!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    I like it very much, Henry!

Difficult to say. I think I like it, but one the first shot it look less "glossy" than on the last ones. Personally I love a little shine. However too much shine makes a model look a bit "plastic" like.

But please upload, so people have the choice to either use your spec maps or Piglet's original ones.

Cheers,
    Huub

Henry, in my humble opinion it looks fantastic - like Huub said abaove - it will be great to have the choice between the original specs from Tim and yours.

Dirk

Was watching "Flight of the Intruder" on Sky recently and the real USAF Sandy's looked great and just like your work up of the model with the specular shine. I was hoping someone would do this. RELEASE THE BEAST!

(please, I want to use it in the AD mission posted recently)

FAB work!

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 1