Beech 18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beech 18

Charter Member 2015

Beech 18

That's a fine looking Beech. And I thought it was for FS9 only, but now I see that it will work in FSX. I'll buy it.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

anyone who has gotten it do you know if it works fine for SP2/accel? If this is a quality FSX bird might want to make this a sticky.
    Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where are there screenshots?

EDIT: NVM, found them. It helps to scroll down...

My portover senses are tingling.

Slug Flyer
    It looks exactly like it did in FS9.

Blog Entries
    Who did the flight dynamics???

Just an addition to above: yeah, the price is frikkin awesome..

dx10 or not

is it compatible with DX10 or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Who did the flight dynamics???

Just an addition to above: yeah, the price is frikkin awesome..
    From the website:

"With Flight Dynamics by the highly revered and respected Flight Dynamics designer Tom Falley, this Beech 18 flies like the real thing."

I think Milton Shupe would know who he is.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    "With Flight Dynamics by the highly revered and respected Flight Dynamics designer Tom Falley, this Beech 18 flies like the real thing."
    He's better known as Fliger747 at this site.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

no DX10

Now i make a little gift (7,50) to CR1-sofware,but i don`t use this Beech 18, that's why it`s not compatible with DX10. :violent:

Yes, I developed the Flight Dynamics. Most of the flight development work was done in FSX Accel. MS did not do developers any favors by having essentially four versions of FSX. SP2 often behaves differently than Accel. An issue when I was doing some F4U development work in Accel was with the prop wanting to continue to turn with the engine off in SP2 and jumpy contact points. All from a perfectly well behaved plane in Accel. Of course any Naval Aircraft should use Accel to take advantage of the carriers.

I unfortunatly have not flown the B-18, but have a number of my First Officers who have a lot of time in them. Over the years I have worked on a number of projects with Milton who has always been a great and generous resource for "the rest of us".

I hope some day that everyone will advance to Accel as the "standard" for FSX.

Cheers: T

I don`t understand how to start the engines.
    Seems to be a nicce little bird.
    Michael

Ken Stallings
    Very interesting when I went to that website and saw the list of aircraft, immediately I thought of Sim Tech due entirely that the aircraft lineup matched that of Sim Tech and then I noticed that back in September of 2009, Sim Tech was bought out by this CR1 operation.

I'm sure there is an interesting story to that move.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
    Tom, I had no idea you worked virtual flight models for FSX! Chalk it up to my ignorance and your humility to keep it low key!

Cheers,

Ken

It is a port, of course. Beware the installer as, at least on mine, it installed where it wanted to, not where FSX was.

-steve

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    It is a port, of course. Beware the installer as, at least on mine, it installed where it wanted to, not where FSX was.

-steve
    I can confirm that,after running the installer i had to search,where the aircraft was installed.
    A few minutes later i saw this:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Shupe-s-Beech

But okay,the price is not so high,and another Beech is ok for me.
    Michael

Blog Entries
    Well except for props that hide behind clouds and a couple of very minor issues it is well worth the $7.50 paid. The flight dynamics are very good but the sound could be better and I just ported my sound over from Milton's Beech. I also have Aerosoft's Beech D18 and I think CR-1's is a cut above. A couple of nice panels and interior. The VC is excellent for the price! Nice work CR-1!
    TedAttachment 2665Attachment 2666Attachment 2667Attachment 2668<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Blog Entries
    A couple moreAttachment 2669Attachment 2670Attachment 2671<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I have the same problem as Big Mike. I can't get the engines started from cold and dark. Even Control-e doesn't work. It acts like it either needs priming or there is a fuel cut-off switch I can't find.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    I have the same problem as Big Mike. I can't get the engines started from cold and dark. Even Control-e doesn't work. It acts like it either needs priming or there is a fuel cut-off switch I can't find.

Glenn
    I had the same issue. Try loading up the default DC-3 first with both running, reload the Twin Beech and try Control E again. Worked that way for me. I can't find any switches in it.

Slug Flyer
    So what exactly is the difference between this and the SimTech Beech 18 that was freeware years ago? It looks exactly the same to me in screens, and it's clearly not a native FSX model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Very interesting when I went to that website and saw the list of aircraft, immediately I thought of Sim Tech due entirely that the aircraft lineup matched that of Sim Tech and then I noticed that back in September of 2009, Sim Tech was bought out by this CR1 operation.

I'm sure there is an interesting story to that move.

Cheers,

Ken
    Ken, it's still operated by Crashwoody, no changes really other than that the old crewmembers are no longer aboard as I understand it.
    Browse the archives for Tom's posts over the past couple of years and you'll get a picture.
    Welcome back btw!:salute:
    Mathias

Exclamation

Unbelievable...FSX was released almost 4 years ago and some 'developers' are still selling FS9-portovers...

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Unbelievable...FSX was released almost 4 years ago and some 'developers' are still selling FS9-portovers...

Greetings
    Tim
    What is believeable is that 10's of thousands of simmers still fly and enjoy FS2004, FS2002, and FS98. I still develop for FS2004 and FS2002, and accommodate conversions to CFS2 and CFS3. There is still a large market for freeware and payware for these sims.

What is unbelieveable is that seasoned simmers would make a statement like this about a large swath of our community. Please keep comments in this and all threads pertinent to the topic.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post

Greetings
    Tim
    You're absolutely right.

Now tell me, where is your FSX native Beech 18 that I can download for $7.50?

Members who have read this thread: 1