Post pics of your assortment!!

Thread: Post pics of your assortment!!

Post pics of your assortment!!

I've always thought this would be fun (or maybe its just me lol)... But uncheck variations and post screenshots of your aircraft selection windows!!!

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

It's probably a good thing that I don't run FSX...the plane preview screen would take forever to pull up. With 275 planes installed in FS2004 (individual planes...not counting different paints), I would spend most of my sim time trying to select the plane I want to fly....well..still do to some degree.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Had more than this before installing W7, but this is all I've reinstalled (and kept) since 21st December:
    Attachment 2463
    (Trike is for a basic default aircraft if I just want to test something in game, and the B747 is for the B-52)

Oooh cool thread! I'll be sure to post mine as soon as I land at McMurdo. :salute:

Though I have many other planes elsewhere on my hard drive so if I want to fly them I can just copy and paste them back into the aircraft folder. Having just the ones I fly most keeps loading speeds down.

harleyman
    OK Ryanbatc.. I only see one Lionheart creation plane in that pile of yours....LOL

I'm telling too.... LOL

Yeah for some reason I have performance issues with the glass in the kodiak - it must be on my end cause lots have zero issues. I was thinking about the epic jet when it comes but i'll have to see.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Here's mine:

Again, I have more airplanes in a different folder set aside for when i want to fly them. FS loads a lot faster when you have fewer aircraft in the folder.

Shakenama
    Ohhh!!... Capt Sim C-130 !... very very classy! - I can get lost in the cockpit panels all day loong :-)

Very nice! I love it how captainsim makes a bzillion variations argh

I edited them all out hehe. That's a good idea about moving folders, never thought about that simple approach. My screen sometimes takes 1-2 min just to load the planes.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Quote Originally Posted by Shakenama View Post
    Ohhh!!... Capt Sim C-130 !... very very classy! - I can get lost in the cockpit panels all day loong :-)
    It's the only captainsim plane installed anymore... for a reason!

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Yeah for some reason I have performance issues with the glass in the kodiak - it must be on my end cause lots have zero issues. I was thinking about the epic jet when it comes but i'll have to see.

It hits mine too some..It actually just gives some spraotic frams jumps ..??? But I look over it as I like it so much...

Sorry, dumb question, but how are you capturing the pictures of your a/c selection screen?

This is my rather extensive collection:
    Attachment 2490
    Attachment 2491

So far I seem to be Tim's biggest fan

@SpaceWeevil: good ole screen capture + paste + Photoshop work
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

How do you guys get the shots of your selection window?

Edit sorry didn't see that last post!

Getting the picture from your FSX is the smallest issue, but making the forum show it properly.... aaargh!
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

What does anyone do with over 100 planes? I'm not knocking it in any way, whatever floats your boat is just fine & dandy, but honestly I have problems remembering the quirks of the 10 or so I fly regularly!