Internet Security Suite for FSX PCs

Thread: Internet Security Suite for FSX PCs

Internet Security Suite for FSX PCs

I am getting frustrated by the lack of user control for McAfee 2010. Any suggestions for its replacement? Obviously, I need something that is friendly to FSX under Win7-64.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

am user Kaspersky Internet Security in game mod (Win7-64)

Charter Member 2011
    Zone Alarm Security Suite works fine for me
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

You do not need a complete suite all you need is a good anti virus software that will not kill your FPS.

NickN has suggested ESET nod32

The quote below is buried in this thread http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/...m=1208959973/0

ALL USERS... www.eset.com ONLY the AV, NOT the SECURITY SUITE

NOD32 only or there is NO way to tell if your security software is biting you in performance.
    The firewall in Win7 gives you better protection than past windows firewalls. You can create inbound and outbound rules as needed which is all you need for firewall protection.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

1. The internet firewall in current versions of Windows is all you need, esp. if you're behind a router.

2. "Microsoft Security Essentials" is free (not nag-ware), transparent (it just does its job), and light on system resources. Recommended by Aerosoft and others. I've been running it on my main machine for about six months.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Nod32 is known as the games friendly AV.

I personally use AV Vir. The pop up you get doesnt bother me as the security is so good. Saved my butt many times so far

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-A2A View Post
    I personally use AV Vir. The pop up you get doesnt bother me as the security is so good. Saved my butt many times so far.
    That's good too. If you're so inclined, you can also disable the pop-up: http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-the-Po...-Avira-Antivir.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

NOD32 for anti-virus. You don't need a full internet security package if you have common sense.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Charter Member 2015
    I'm running Kaspersky Internet Suite 2010 , Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes, Common Sense 1.0 and a router firewall on my Vista Ultimate 64bit systems and XP Pro SP3 notebooks................all have remained cleaner than a nun's conscience. I'd used nearly every other AV available over the years but have settled on the above as my personal favourites.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

KIS 2010 on all network clients.

M.

Eset Nod32. I'm running W7 ULT_64 w/Nod32_64, and it'd the first a.v. program I haven't had to disable to ensure good gaming fps rates. I still stop it though along with a lot other MS, program processes out of habit.

plug_nickel (Al)

NoNewMessages
    Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    That's good too. If you're so inclined, you can also disable the pop-up: http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-the-Po...-Avira-Antivir.

The pop-up wasn't that great a bother. In fact, there were many days when I looked forward to getting the pop-up...

Attachment 2396

Unfortunately, I keep running into problems with my XP install, so I'm off to Best Buy to get a Win 7 upgrade package. I'll check out the Essentials package from Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    1. The internet firewall in current versions of Windows is all you need, esp. if you're behind a router.

2. "Microsoft Security Essentials" is free (not nag-ware), transparent (it just does its job), and light on system resources. Recommended by Aerosoft and others. I've been running it on my main machine for about six months.
    I agree with David. MSSE and the Win 7 firewall works great here.
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

Ditto on the Windows firewall (Vista and 7) being adequate. I also use the free version of the SphinxSoftware Firewall Control Panel for it...which is just a easier to navigate GUI for the firewall. Makes it easier to set/block specific ports compared to digging around in the firewall's stock config dialogs.

Other goodies:
    AVG anti-virus, MalwareBytes, hardware firewall.

On the recommendation and prompting of my friend (who is a programmer and IT technician) I also use Microsoft Security Essentials. Very easy to use; I like simplicity!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

A router firewall and Avira's Antivir is all I need. Haven't had a serious, unwillingly caused virus infection in years.

harleyman
    I use Pctools AntiVirus / Spyware ...never had a problem..it has a game mode But I've never used it nor needed it...

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Looks like the NOD32 AV gets the most mentions, followed by the MSoft combos. Will look into them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]