Zivko Edge 540 @ South Africa
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zivko Edge 540 @ South Africa

Zivko Edge 540 @ South Africa

Well, you can't see any Africa in this video. Only aerobatics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCbE8WyTauk

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCbE8WyTauk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCbE8WyTauk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tailslide is maybe the best I have ever done, I was so happy when I noticed it

nice flying
    is that smoothies perlescent repaint?

BR
    Tom

man I love this plane
    the edge in my avatar is my personal aerobatic livery

other views:
    Attachment 1709
    Attachment 1710

BR
    Tom

be warned Guys.... i'm working on my FINAL display scheme and getting display height down this weekend, started with a hardcap at 5000ft, now down to 500, gonna bring it down to 100ft over the weekend it's been a long winter Practice season but we're nearly there time to don my usual Orange Flightsuit and make sure my paint is still intact then it's up for an online Photoshoot with a buddy Edit.... good to see a paint of mine being used, hope you're enjoying them?

guys heres an idea for us usual aerobatics pilots.... a round the world tour, start off in aircraft just with our names on, each country we visit, the flag gets applied.... who knows it may lead to one of us deciding to start a team and not just a solo... *Cough* i have a team in planning but that won't be till the 2012 online season...

Good idea Smoothie. When we'll start? :salute:

Visiting IRL airshows (in virtual), and fly-ins and some other places in different countries would be cool. Let me know if you are starting tour. Flying legs in formation and photoshoots

will keep you informed, today is the day my plane comes out the hangars so brace yourselves...

Plane roll-out delayed, paints still wet

Guys regarding a formation flight, how about we do a tour of Europe? it's a start, keep an online diary of where we'll be roughly and when... never know some of the lesser aerobatic crowd may join us or spectate anyway only clue as to my plane paint.... well it's spaced out

I shall join you in the formation guys if I may, but I will fly Steve Jones' one unless Mr Winn would like to do me a personal one, but speak to you about that my very good mate! :salute: it would be cool for us 4 to fly together though! I have already flown with Annton in the L-39 once but my system was crap and I had bad frames but now I think we could do good! Both Annton and Matty have me on msn so let me know if I can join you! preferably before next monday because I'm off to then! lol

Ohh yeah and Matty's scheme will blow ya mind its amazing, luckily we talked about it and decided drawing a nebula and ten million accompaning stars might not be that easy lol, well he could do it but its not really very sensible or how could I say he's got bigger fish to fry hahahahahahah!

if he does do me one I want mine like my car simple .. gloss (Panther) black with a silver trim (my car doesn't have silver on it but my Iphone does lol) and my girlfriends crap tatoo as my nose art if were doing that matty lmao! She's got this crap snake thing on her shoulder blade and I hate it, but do it for a laff because I'm teaching her the art of FSX she actually likes it, haha well at the moment lol! Its like your Rose only worse!

Euro sounds good, start here in blighty, then say holland, and end in Finland, before we hit the Ruskies if we do decide to go round the world, we'll take turns at the Nav! Just to say also does the Edge have the range for long range over water stuff or are we going round the world in zig zags, thats even if I'm coming with you guys I mean lol! I want to but I'm not disputing I'm not leading or including myself in anyway!

We want shots from your plane Smoothie

ok heres my baby fresh out of the paint hangar... yes the pilot is myself paint is simple yet has flair, noseart on the left side, a rose with my girls name above it, she brings me nothing but good luck

Nice paint Matt

Do you think we should fly same aircraft on tour?

I think plane doesn't matter I think I'll fly SU26 as soon as I get my paint done

I don't know yet how I paint rest of the fuselage because I have some major problems to get my shark mouth look cool

Wouldn't mind hopping on board this little tour. Would we be limited to the likes of the Edge or could we go for something a little less conventional, like the T-6 or even something a bit faster (flown slowly) like the L-39?

Depends on if we use some smaller airfields L-39 may not get in some of them, T-6 should, would be a good chase plane if you don't mind me corkscrewing around you every 10 minutes Should be a good fun little tour, get us Virtual Aerobatic Pilots into a groove, i'm on my final day today of my display practice for FSX, and i might be nice and share my personal texture and an FS Recorder file from my home base... LGPZ...

anyways guys where should we start? theres a couple from the UK, a solo from Finland, a solo from Austria no doubt (Right Tom?) and lastly me, based in Greece... if we pick a roughly central point and RV there, then fly from there how does that strike you? Tweek no real limits, just able to hold speed with us... why my backup Extra is sat in the hangar and the edge is in the sunlight, sure i love the E300 but my demo for this year uses the Edge 540... as stated, let me know how you'd all plan it so we can get something sorted and more finalised...:ernae: "Assos one smoke off".... for now...:salute:

I might use the Bipe? I say we stick to props though, no jets for this one! Might use the A2A mustang though just for its range!

Should we start from Wickenby, UK. EGNW is ICAO. Then heading to southern UK and over the canal to France ?

and list of aircrafts what should be downloaded:

Edge 540 (simviation, and maybe @ other sites too)

SU-26M (from avsimrus.com)

Ultimate 10-300 / Ultimate Bipe (I have it from avsim).

maybe also, Zlin Z-50 (almost from anywhere).

Did you do paint kit for Ultimate Smoothie?

i knew there was something i forgot....

will re-start it shortly, yeah starting from Wickenby sounds good will ferry my Edge up from Greece *Shouting at groundcrew to fill her up* Should be at Wickenby before Saturday morning or on Saturday morning i figure on day 1 we fly Wickenby-Toulouse Via Paris, that way can get a formation shot with the eiffel tower in the background, and yes i'll refrain from flying through between its supports on a knife edge, and i won't fly inverted through l'arche de la defense. but we can try and land on the grass by the eiffel tower if you like, park in a 'V' shape sort of like a family holiday album picture

will talk to you on MSn/Skype about details guys, any cities you feel we should visit on this tour? i've got a few but would love to see what you come up with... for now i'm pulling on my flight suit, lacing up my boots and briefing my ground team

Guys remember this isn't just for aerobatics, it is after all a flight community so everybody is welcome on our little tour although as 'Papa' said, only props would be good, who knows wherever we land it may turn into an air display... open invite to everyone!

I practice in Wickenby only because of this video

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKjUdqhQdp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKjUdqhQdp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think we shouldn't fly long legs. It's difficult and boring with these aircrafts. Half hour-hour sounds good to me.

yeah and to me, although on a few hops i may recce ahead and check the next landing site so i can brief you on what to expect, an hour ahead and back is no biggie.... unless i spot a bridge, then it'll turn into an "Uh oh my tanks are empty" moment moth to a light describes me and bridges

I didn't get shark work right so I choose different animal

a goldfish?

or texture on some feathers and birdy it...

looks more like the start of the Buell Tiger paint right?

I have a redbull scheme for the Avsim.ru Su-26

BR
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    ok heres my baby fresh out of the paint hangar... yes the pilot is myself paint is simple yet has flair, noseart on the left side, a rose with my girls name above it, she brings me nothing but good luck
    what a nice paint Matt

BR
    Tom

Ok I'm torn between 3 aircraft to fly, I not sure to fly the EAW SU26, Alphasim Yak52 or the Ultimate Bipe, I think I'm going to go with the Bipe but was wonding if you guys have those payware models so we can see each other as I have the ones you are flying, we may need to swap textures so we can see them for any video's/shots we take of us during flight also!
    I Say Wickenby should be our start point as well!

I have the Yak but I don't have EAW Sukhoi installed.

Matt: Well it should be like tiger but it's still WIP.

Tom, have you uploaded RB repaint for Su26 somewhere. I'd like to have it

Quote Originally Posted by anatolpopov View Post
    I have the Yak but I don't have EAW Sukhoi installed.

Matt: Well it should be like tiger but it's still WIP.

Tom, have you uploaded RB repaint for Su26 somewhere. I'd like to have it
    no havent uploaded to any location yet (it is stored on one of my external drives at the moment)

BR
    Tom

Members who have read this thread: 1