Rally photos.

Thread: Rally photos.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Rally photos.

The Dutch rally(sprint) season started today in my hometown, so time to give the 7D a work out. Got some good shots despite the freezing cold forcing me to wear a pair of gloves. The auto ISO option worked beautiful today, allowing me to set the camera in 'M' mode and play with both shutter speed and aperture setting and let the camera adjust ISO to get the right exposure; a great way to capture the speed!

Photos uneditted except for resizing:

Impreza WRX:

Ford Focus:

Renault Clio RS:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo:

Some more in this thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-started-today.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Charter Member 2015
    Fantastic shots Ferry!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I like that slightly blurred look...makes it look like they are moving pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by demorier View Post
    I like that slightly blurred look...makes it look like they are moving pretty quick.
    I like that look too, but it's hard to get it right. You'll need a relatively long shutter speed (about 1/60) and a steady hand to pan the camera with the subject while taking the shot. The aperture should be set right too, otherwise you'll still get blurred parts on the subject. All this was made even more complicated by the close distance to the subjects. I think the Mitsubishi photo was the best of the set.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator

Thanks for sharing Ferry...

Nice shots...

I am positive you had fun....

I hope they fixed the dislocated siren...

... and the tanks spitting flame...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    I am positive you had fun....

I hope they fixed the dislocated siren...
    Fun yes, but the painful cold in my hands lasted for a few hours.. :isadizzy:

The siren was missing when the car past again a few minutes later; I think it's still somewhere out there..

Hey All,

Nice pics Ferry! - I sure wish we had some local Rally I could get to.

BTW I been eyeing the 550D (T2i over here) as it has some many features of the 7D in a lot smaller package. The ONLY 2 things I don't like about that camera is the fact that it is not a rangefinder body style and that AEB is limited to 3 shots where I would like to see a 5 shot option. Megapixels, IQ and ISO performance is apparently equal to a 7D for around half the price.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Banned
    Blog Entries
    IMO, your third shot takes the gold.

Happiness Consultant
    I agree.

Number Three
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    BTW I been eyeing the 550D (T2i over here) as it has some many features of the 7D in a lot smaller package.
    If you can live without liveview on the rear screen and the movie option, I would save up for the 50D. Faster (6.3 fps) and much higher ISO settings. It is slightly bigger and heavier, but it has a sturdy magnesium alloy body, unlike the plastic on the 550D. All three (550, 50 and 7) have the 'DIGIC 4' processor, but the 7D has two of those.

BTW Thanks for the compliments guys!