Lost a Folder ....

Thread: Lost a Folder ....

SOH-CM-2020

Lost a Folder ....

I've got a wee bit of a query

I went to save some pics today and the first screen pic shows the save path to a folder in ........ AppData - Local - Microsoft - Windows - Temp Internet files - Content.IE5 - U6T5312H

As you can see in the background there's already some pics in the folder ......

BUT ......

If you follow the path through the various folders .....

I can get down as far as ....... AppData - Local - Microsoft - Windows ........

But in the Windows folder there's nothing even like the folders in need .... ( - Temp Internet files - Content.IE5 - U6T5312H )

Can anyone throw some light on what's going on here please?

Thanks,

Pete.

Geez I hate those default windows locations, it's so messy. I make up my own file system to dump various things. Unless it just so happens to be one of the "hidden" folders, you might just have to do a search for the file type using a lot of wildcard characters.

SOH-CM-2020
    Normally I save to the (Vista) 'Pictures' folder, but in a couple of cases, like this, it's just done it's own thing

Pete.

Blog Entries
    I would do a search on the file name. Then move the sucker.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Happiness Consultant
    Go to your view folder options and check if any "system folders" are Hidden. If that's the case chances are you won't find it via a tree search.

Go to Control Panel, find the folder options selection, open it, and then select the View tab, under the files and folders should be a selection to view or hide system folders.

Highlight show hidden.

close that all out and start a new windows tree search and see if you see the folder then.

good luck.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    Go to your view folder options and check if any "system folders" are Hidden. If that's the case chances are you won't find it via a tree search.

Go to Control Panel, find the folder options selection, open it, and then select the View tab, under the files and folders should be a selection to view or hide system folders.

Highlight show hidden.

close that all out and start a new windows tree search and see if you see the folder then.

good luck.

I've just looked and I already had 'Show hidden files and folders' checked.

Must be one of those Vista mysteries then

Thanks for your help.

Pete

poet,traveler
    I think that this is the same as a program I use that will remain unnamed,it saves a file from the internet and that file activates the program do what I want.Well,I looked for the saved file and couldn't find it.

The reason is that is a temp folder,as soon as windows is shut down or restarted all of the contents disappear.You are most likely looking for something that isn't there anymore.Sorry to tell you this,it's one of the oddities of Vista and Windows 7.
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for all your replies

I guess it's just one of those odd things that tests us from time to time.

Pete.

Members who have read this thread: 0