"Gilligan's Island ... The Movie"

Thread: "Gilligan's Island ... The Movie"

Happiness Consultant

"Gilligan's Island ... The Movie"

Soon to be a reality?

Not long ago I posted here something from an entertainment page stating that someone considered "recasting" Gilligan's Island with present day celebs ... well it appears that, that article caused a tidal wave in Hollywierd.

Its going to be a happening thing.

http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.c...ga/?test=faces
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

i am not happy to hear this. the only way i would go to see that movie would be if kim kardashian or vida guerra played mary ann.

tbo though, even they aren't hot as dawn wells was.

6297J
    The only way I would watch it is if I could choose the 'celebs' - and their fate
    I have a looooooooooooooong list!

edit - Sorry I thought you were talking about a reality TV show - I'm not sure Gilligans Island was ever broadcast in the UK, or if it was I must have missed it

(but I do have an idea for a desert island reality TV show and a long list of celebs to put there. And leave there. Once a year we all get to see who has survived and then they turn the cameras off again).

Happiness Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by 6297J View Post
    ... (but I do have an idea for a desert island reality TV show and a long list of celebs to put there. And leave there. Once a year we all get to see who has survived and then they turn the cameras off again).
    They, (Hollyweird,) already have a "desert" island "reality" tv show its called Lost. I've never seen the first episode of any "reality" tv program, as none of them are reality based.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

I've never heard of the guy they are looking for as Gilligan, but he looks the role. As for the Skipper, NOT Shatner. I don't like him. He's full of himself. He'd be terrible. Not funny at all. I'll agree Kevin James would be good. He's goofy and likeable. I imagine Hollyweird would choose Pitt/Jolie for the Professor and Ginger. Again, not a good idea.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I gress that whomever they cast, it could NEVER Match the fun that was the first Group of people..
    It was a wonderful show when I was a Boy..
    As many I had the "Hots" for Mary Ann ( Dawn Wells)
    Ginger , so what..
    As the question Goes, Ginger or Mary Ann..

Hollywood has always had trouble making remakes that live up to the original movies. Good luck to 'em on this project. I enjoyed the original series, and yes, Mary Ann was my favorite of the bunch.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Mary Ann was always my favorite too. Funny how movie people can't think up anything on their own anymore, they have to go back and do something that has already been done! I was looking at Comingsoon.net last night and saw that they are going to make a movie called Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter... WHAT? :isadizzy:!!!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Ken Stallings
    It was perhaps the most vacuous television show in man's history!

I certainly would not spend a plug nickle to watch such a movie.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post

I certainly would not spend a plug nickle to watch such a movie.

Ken
    Hmm, the shows on TV today display at least as much "vacuousness" ag "G.I." See, that's what people will be calling this movie before to long. "Dude, did you catch 'G.I.' on the Blue Ray yet?" I thought I'd get on board before it got too crowded... Anyway, vacuous. "Lost"? "Survivor"? "I Was Pregnant and Didn't Know it"? Compared to these, "G.I." was rocket surgery!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    I gress that whomever they cast, it could NEVER Match the fun that was the first Group of people..
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    I was looking at Comingsoon.net last night and saw that they are going to make a movie called Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter... WHAT? :isadizzy:!!!
    everytime i think i've heard everything i come hear and that gets shattered
    ***edit: i just remembered in "bubba ho-tep", elvis and john f kennedy killed a mummy who preyed on the inhabitants of an old folks home
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post

Ken
    it's definitely in the top five, maybe even the top 3. but in my book they get barely edged out by 3's company.