Skyraider READY! - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Skyraider READY!

I'm extremely disappointed that there is no jettisonable toilet.

Seriously, thanks for yet another great work!

Tim, I am very impressed by your Skyraider, and I have been greatly enjoying having it in FSX! There has never been a time in my life where the Skyraider was not present in my aviation-themed mind, so the aircraft has never struck me as anything close to ugly. It has always looked like a brute, though having seen a number of them perform at airshows, they really are quite graceful and agile.

Attached are some images of a personal connection I have to the building of the Skyraider, an angle measure/ruler, that my grandma used while working for Douglas, building the Skyraider tail-assemblies, in the mid-late 40's. She still has many stories pertaining to that experience of her life, and is very quick and eager to state how proud she is of the aircraft's service.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

EgoR64
    Great Fun - Goes good with your FSX OH-6A -

So much fun on the Deck covered with them !!

Many Cheers & Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat_VC View Post
    The readme states it's from a super connie and a DC-7. IIRC there both turbo-compound engines, and would not be a "open" exhaust stack sound. But I will try out and see, Thanks.

Thank you very much Tim, it's a marvellous job, straightforward and very pleasant to fly. As a fan of the US Navy Skyraiders I hope later for some USN paints to put the icing on the cake. As is correct for Vietnam service the LABS gauge has been removed, I am sure in the past some aircraft in FS9 had a working LABS gauge with the 2 needles to keep centred by pulling the correct Gs. Did I imagine this or can anyone tell me which FS9 aircraft it was?

Thanks Tim!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Very wonderful plane In FS2004, Gnoopeys P-47M was my favorite go anywhere warbird, this plane will do that role very nicely

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good R3350 Sound Pack

Where can we get a a good R3350 single engine sound pack for this puppy? DC3 just isn't gonna hack it....

I use to load 20MM on these things back in the day....
    I remember how the R3350 engine sounded when they spooled up.
    What a rush!!!!

:salute:

Edit: I just found one from above posts, I'll try that one....

What would be nice is to add Shock wave lights to it...
    anyone know what the config whould be in the ACFT.cfg?

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ1USN View Post
    . . .I remember how the R3350 engine sounded when they spooled up. What a rush!!! . . . .
    Yeah, I know whatcha mean! Gut-rumbling, permeating sound! Y'need a good sub-woofer system to make that play properly, but it's pure magic!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by JimC1702 View Post
    Even better, if you're old enough to remember, was on "WKRP" when they were tossing live turkeys out of a helicopter. . . .
    Oh yeah!! "I swear -- I didn't know turkeys couldn't fly!!"
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by AZ1USN View Post
    Where can we get a a good R3350 single engine sound pack for this puppy? DC3 just isn't gonna hack it....

I use to load 20MM on these things back in the day....
    I remember how the R3350 engine sounded when they spooled up.
    What a rush!!!!

:salute:

Edit: I just found one from above posts, I'll try that one....

What would be nice is to add Shock wave lights to it...
    anyone know what the config whould be in the ACFT.cfg?
    How does that sound file sound ? let us know what you think.

Great aircraft.:salute: You are very talented. Great job.

I think the sounds from this FS2002 model are much better, however the config file needs some work to get the right results, it seems to start max throttle then quieten down, but overall its better than the R3350 set.

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=74602

Nice pics!
    Hope ya all enjoy the A-1. That stability bug, could be a force feedback thing?I don't have FFB, so I can't test for it.
    That girl in the pic, is just some pic from an ad for some weird Hollywood store.
    I'm sure I overlooked someone's question, hopefully it will get answered or figured out.
    Many thanks guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Tim, this is yet another great plane!
    From one developer to another...:salute:
    Regards,
    Robert

Ego64 love that Mohawk shot!!!!
    Got some of my own from RAF Bentwaters lol, Fictional of course!
    What a bird though!! Tim you really do outdo payware at times mate!
    and the speed of your developement, I consider myself a connoisseur of Fde's especially accurate ones, so this brings a new one to us Razbam users and I used to just fly the AD1W lol!

I plopped-in the sound folder from the A2A Jug, and it seems to work very nicely indeed. For any who have that P-47 and who're looking for a sound pack for Piglet's Spad, this one'll certainly do until maybe Obio whomps one up some day.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by HighGround22 View Post
    I plopped-in the sound folder from the A2A Jug, and it seems to work very nicely indeed. For any who have that P-47 and who're looking for a sound pack for Piglet's Spad,
    HG22 , i went the other way and used the 377 sound set , on your recommendation i will try the Jug pack be interesting to compare .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by deimos256 View Post
    Well i got to take her for a flight and I must say another top-notch release, the VC is amazing, only one observation, the brakes seem to be rather strong, while taxiing i tapped them to slow down and flipped over!
    I've changed the brakes to a lower setting of 0.48 for a first test so I might change that setting.

Great aircraft Piglet, a history to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Tim, another quality plane. I'm really liking what you did with the loadout. Most excellent. The flying behaviour was a bit odd but a friend of mine worked on that so I am more than happy now.

Thank you! :salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

Any word on a paintkit?

BUMP?

R3350 Sounds

Quote Originally Posted by oakfloor View Post
    How does that sound file sound ? let us know what you think.
    N-I-C-E!!!!!
    Judging by the file size, I think it may be a 4-engine R3350 sound pack.
    In any event; it sounds pretty good...I must say!!!

Edit: After trying out (read listening) to the R3350 sounds it sounds more like a connie then a spad.

Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    BUMP?
    The answer can be found in a different thread.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...kyraider-Plans...

EgoR64
    Couple more - Just Havin Fun -

Attachment 1416Attachment 1415Attachment 1414

Members who have read this thread: 5