Amazing seatbelt commercial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing seatbelt commercial

poet,traveler

Amazing seatbelt commercial

I just saw this and no matter your opinion on seat belts lets see you not choke up watching this.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-8PBx7isoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-8PBx7isoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

Beautiful.
    I was thinking of posting another one I used to use in safety demos, but no point after seeing that one.
    Sez it all.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I didn't choke up... should i be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    I didn't choke up... should i be worried?
    Only if you don't belt up!
    Larry

That was good...but I like the original version (which was not released to the public) better. In that one, the guy's mother-in-law lives with them, and her huge lumpy butt is the air bag.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    That was good...but I like the original version (which was not released to the public) better. In that one, the guy's mother-in-law lives with them, and her huge lumpy butt is the air bag.

OBIO
    man, i'm glad i wasn't eating or drinking when i read that.

poet,traveler

OBIO

Dude,that's many levels of wrong.:d

Charter Member 2011
    these where ours for years

[YOUTUBE]TWLmoeoHrP4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zWvNeJXE_cY[/YOUTUBE]

not for seatbelts but this one gives me chills

[YOUTUBE]gO9evAjIrrE[/YOUTUBE]
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Only if you don't belt up!
    i ride a Bike, does that count as a good excuse/reason for not belting up? in the MX-5 i fitted a 4 point harness honestly i never do more than 70mph

My wife's 18 year old cousin died last Thanksgiving when he dodged a deer in his truck and rolled it. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Seat belts do work. Use them. Thanks for these new (to me) ads. I'll add them to the ones I show in the EMT classes I teach.

I'll just add this one too.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...=0001824647758

BTW, how does one put video on these posts?
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Well trained family members. Good teamwork. But no choking from me, still was a typical PSA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

tigisfat
    No choking here either, that was kinda dumb actually. The british ones are no joke though. They really make a point.

I've had two car wrecks where I was able to get out and walk around after because I was wearing a seatbelt. Let me say this: if you're in a truck that hits a bomb and gets flown through the air, you may be the only person alive after if you were the only one with a belt on.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    No choking here either, that was kinda dumb actually. The british ones are no joke though. They really make a point.
    The last time I looked, Suffolk is still in the UK, so that makes this a "british one" also...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

OBIO
    I think that would more of a reason to unplug the wiring harness going to the airbag. :isadizzy:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Wearing a seatbelt is fortunately mandatory here.

If you refuse to wear one, expect no sympathy from anyone.

I don't need gov't PSA's to tell me to wear seatbelts. Always wore them on my own. Did ride a motorbike for a week with out a helmet(before helmets were mandatory). Then thought "what the hell was I thinkin?!? Just my luck some illegal alien would centerpunch me!
    I'm already weird enough without any head injuries...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    First Rule of Aviation:

I started wearing seat belts when I went through the driver's education course. Seeing the movies (the old reel to reel projector with jittery sound) of crashes was enough to convince me.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I am with Tim. When I was 15 a woman turned left in front of my dad. He was in a VW Bug. However, thanks to a seat belt he walked away. I have worn them ever since. I feel uncomfortable if I don't put it on, even to go a couple blocks in the neighborhood or across a parking lot.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

poet,traveler
    I hit a one ton Dodge diesel pickup almost head on in a big truck at about 55mph.I didn't have a seatbelt on,I never realized I knew how to fly.Fortunately I stopped at the windshield after flying all the way across the truck and wiping out all of the dashboard knobs,bending the gearshift and punching the windshield with my head.

Pickup driver....no seatbelt but saved by the airbag,not a scratch.

Passenger.....no seatbelt and when I got to him I thought he was dead,but he came back.

It was a bad deal and after that I slowed down and wore the belt most of the time until I was in a quarry and slid into a ditch on a muddy road at about 20mph.Damned if I didn't try that flying thing again.

Never again.:d

Seatbelts? I wear them all the time.

Remember when we were kids in the 50s and all that was between you and a solid steel, unpadded dashboard and thick glass windshield was Mom's outstretched arm?

I think the first car that we had that had seatbelts was a 1965 Olds 88, and it was strictly lap-belts and only the front seat.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Our family car when I was small was a VW bus. I used to sit on the stool between the two front seats. No belts, even the stool itself was not fastened down. Talk about luck....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    First Rule of Aviation:

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    After surviving with minor injuries being t-boned, i would like to say that seat belts should be mandatory all over the world as well as airbags..

Prowler

Charter Member 2016
    I had the same experience as Prowler about six years ago - T-boned by a taxi at about 35mph (luckilly in the right side).

The belts and airbages prevented me from becomming a projectile within the car - and here I am to honk about it today !! I support mandatory belts and bags, everywhere.
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

i was once run off the road by a woman applying make-up on a back country road. i spun out and hit a tree.
    i flew out of my seat, and knocked the door off of the car with my face and my shoulder, as well as flatening the shifter. the car was bent like a smile. beleive me or don't, but i recieved no more than whole lot of bruising. (all on the opposite sides of impact)

i crawled out, and noticed the car was still running. i put the door into the back seat, and drove the car home, screaming, smoking, bucking, no windshield, no insurance. i was scared to death i was going to get caught. i drove all the way home, right past the police station, and somehow never saw a single cop. the car was an isuzu I-mark that someone gave to me for free.