Amazing seatbelt commercial - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing seatbelt commercial

Happiness Consultant
    And here's a local story about how ... despite wearing her seat belt, a driver can still be killed.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22703009/detail.html
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Going to add this.
    It's not just seatbelts for you and your occupants....
    Its securing everything inside the car too.

I remember a case about a guy that should have walked away from a a simple accident, but he had a laptop on the backseat.
    During the accident, it came up and hit him the the back of the head causing a severe brain injury. He almost died.

Seems like there was a little girl in Florida who was strapped in a car seat, but something from the back of the car flew forward during a rear end collision, and killed her instantly.

Need to keep everything and everyone tied down, just in case.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Some years back, a friend and his brother-in-law were sent to the store to pick up more 2 liters of soda for the family reunion. On the way back, a cow walked onto the road in front of them. My friend swerved to miss the cow and ended up with the car rolling over the bank....not a real steep one and not overly tall...just enough for the car to roll over 4 or 5 times. The car, surprisingly, was not too badly damaged. Both were wearing their seat belts and would have been unhurt if not for the 15 or so so 2-liter bottles of soda that were flying around in the car. Those two got beat up by those bottles! Always put your groceries in the trunk. A gallon of milk can become a lethal projectile very quickly.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ALWAYS SECURE YOUR PETS!!! I all too often see drivers and pax, belted up, but the pet hanging out the window, or on the driver's lap. You hit something where do you think the pet's gonna go??!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    ALWAYS SECURE YOUR PETS!!! I all too often see drivers and pax, belted up, but the pet hanging out the window, or on the driver's lap. You hit something where do you think the pet's gonna go??!?
    awesome! i see too many people riding around with the dog in their lap.