CompUSA is Back in Town

Thread: CompUSA is Back in Town

CompUSA is Back in Town

Looks like CompUSU has recuperated a bit more. I was driving thru Newark this morning near the hospital and happened to see a CompUSA store has opened. They went into the building vacated by Office Max last year. They're just down the street from Worst Buy, and I sure hope that makes BB nervous.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

According to their website - the new Comp-USA - a division of Systemax - isn't that Tiger Direct?

(insert internet search here)

Ah - Systemax owns Tiger Direct, CompUSA, Circuit City, and some others I haven't heard of.

Never mind.

Brian

Happiness Consultant
    Tiger Direct bought CompUSA. Yep.

I never did loose my CompUSA store in my neighborhood. I live about a mile from a CompUSA store and it never closed during the whole fiasco ... Tiger Direct being headquartered here in FLA bought all the FLA CompUSA stores and kept them open.

Unfortunately they're still going through some kind of transition ... because you can't take Online ordered stuff to the stores for replacement or repairs ... YET. They claim they'll be harmonious between the two, but right now it appears that they're separate divisions of TD.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

SOH-CM-2024
    Systemax owns the lot Snuffy.

The Tiger Direct near me is an hour away in Durham. However, when Systemax bought out CompUSA, for some reason, they stuck the moniker on my Tiger Direct, which is now CompUSA. Typical of by-outs, the store is not the same, less quality merchendise and CompUSA pushes H-P and Compac computers rather than the good top-of-the-line brands that Tiger Direct sold. I am not sold, but it's the only show in town, as they say!

Caz

No idea who owns what and I don't care. Sign says CompUSA and that's good enough for me. Maybe they'll get back on their feet and give Worst Buy a run for their money now..... I hope.

Tho their website doesn't show it, there's a CompUSA store down in Dover too.
    Gary -

poet,traveler
    We are fortunate here in that our Best Buy really knows what customer service means.I have bought 5 laptops and had numerous repairs done with them,no problems.

And 99% of the repairs were my fault,dropping a laptop or spilling water into one and they have repaired/replaced everything under the damage warranty I have.:d
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

We just went up to Tiger Direct yesterday and noticed they had changed the name to CompUSA. Everything else seemed the same but I wasn't a regular visitor to Tiger Direct so everything might have changed and I wouldn't know any better.

I remember when they closed the CompUSA that we frequented in Dallas. Man, I spent a lot of time & sheckels in that store!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I'm stuck with BB up here in Minnesota. There used to be a couple CompUSA's up here too. One was practically next door to BB Corperate HQ in bloomington.

Got my first chance to stop in at CompUSA today. Just as nice as it was before. And prices are better than Worst, I mean Best, Buy. The Greeter at the door asked what brought me to CompUSA. I told him.... "I don't like Best Buy". Hey, I couldn't lie to him. :d

BTW.... Snuffy is right. Tiger Direct bought the company. I asked.

Only thing I don't like is, they don't open until 10AM Monday thru Friday.
    Gary -