Web Browser Preferences
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Browser Preferences

Web Browser Preferences

I need to upgrade from Internet Explorer 6. Would like to know what some of you are using.

My browser of choice has been Firefox for a long time. If needed (for Microsoft's web sites for instance) I use whatever Internet Explorer is current (IE8 now I think).

Charter Member 2011
    IE8 with no problems
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Firefox for years now. Before that Netscape. But I keep the most up to date version of IE loaded and ready- mostly for doing my windows updates- which I do manually.

Happiness Consultant
    IE8 no problem.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Chrome bad.

Firefox good, IE8 surprisingly OK.
    Opera better than either.
    I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine.
    Bertrand Russell
    British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

Charter Member 2015
    Firefox for years....recently made the change to Chrome and am very happy with it.....lots of plugins too
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2011
    I accidentally starting using Chrome (damaged IE install) and haven't found a reason to change.
    It's fast and compact.

I went from IE6 to IE8 without a hitch. I actually like its features.
    Also, have Firefox as a backup.
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Retired SOH Administrator
    Hi TB, I really like IE8, but I use FF also.No problems with either one..Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

I like Firefox. I have much less problems when I browse than I did with IE8.

harleyman
    IE8 forever...No problems..Did have script errors in e mail a bit, that was yahoo though...

I dont go for any addons, and keep them disabled..\\puters are for flying and keeping up with folks..

mine tells time too...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    cheezy is right, (as usual) opera really is the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    Hi TB, I really like opera, but I use FF also. cheezy turned me on to it, and because of that, i think he's really a great guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    opera forever...i sure am glad cheezy talked me into using this fine browswer. he's my best friend now
    hey guys, don't sweat it. anything for my buds, right? :d

I like Firefox, but recently had to revert to an earlier version. The newest one, for some stupid reason, will not let me download. I reverted to the previous version, and all is cool again.

That's the first time I've ever had an issue with Firefox. IE8 isn't near as easy to use, in my opinion.

Retired SOH Administrator

Icon5 Opera & Safari

With NO issues...

...Love them...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I usually run IE8. But I just noticed that the left column member section on each post is messed up a bit. Each text item broken across two lines. But when I just looked at it in FF it looks much better. Might be time to run FF as default for a while?
    :ernae:

Thanks everybody for your comments, some good recommendations. Over the weekend I installed Firefox and it worked fine for a while until it went stupid for some reason and started making me log in to my home page every time I got back on the Web. Then I went to IE7 and it wouldn't let me access Internet Options from the browser toolbar. Dumped IE7 yesterday (Tuesday) and installed Google Chrome. So far so good - fast, simple to use, minimal toolbar BS, and everything works right. I'll probably check out IE8 tomorrow, but for now this Google Chrome is not bad.

I use SeaMonkey, which is an offshoot of FireFox...Really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    I use SeaMonkey, which is an offshoot of FireFox...Really like it.
    Haven't checked out SeaMonkey but I liked Firefox for the two days I used it, until I had the home page log-in problem I mentioned before. I may eventually go back to it.

Opera.

The only this missing is an ad-blocker, but this helps a lot: http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/ coped with manual blocking (secondary button on mouse -> Block content).

The 10.5 beta is really fast.

It´s safe, mainly because crackers try to exploit IE´s and FF's security flaws due to they´re the most popular browsers in Windows environment at least.

This morning's Windows update contains a fix for XP, Vista and W7 to allow browser choice for users in the EU.

They have it as an important update but since I already run IE and Firefox I decided not to install it.

George

Blog Entries
    I use Foxfire and its sister email program Thunderbird on my home/personal computer. I use EI-6 and Outlook on my work notebook. I have to use EI to access some specialized online engineering programs that I use. One in particluar won't display correctly in Foxfire.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset