New B-52 Cockpit Screens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New B-52 Cockpit Screens

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

New B-52 Cockpit Screens

First I'd like to say thanks to the SOH team for getting the site back up. It has been a long 2 days not having one place to come for all of my news. So I had to travel to all the individual sites to get all my news. Now moving on to the B-52. It is in sim. We still have to go through the process of weathering the textures. So in this screens it does look very new/shiny. That is what is being worked on right now along with gauge programming. Do not have a ETA at this point so just sit tight. As always comments are welcome. Just remember it is a work in progress.

Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Looks great. I wonder how good itīll look with some wear & tear applied. :isadizzy:

Very nice!

I wait patiently..............but hurry up! :mixedsmi:

-G-

rsgunner
    Looks good.

Russ

Nice work!!!! Can i pay for it now??
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

tigisfat
    Nice, gentlemen. I hope the weathering process makes that cockpit look absolutely beat the hell up. I want it to look derelict and abandoned. That's the B-52 way.

Absolutely Boooootful , thank you for coming to the party on this one
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

It will be what it is: quick, dirty but functional... (or, rather, as functional as Darrell makes it)

kc

I don't have the CS BUFF, but once this VC is done, I could be convinced to pick it up.

I know you said you're working on the textures now, but I was wondering if there's a chance you might correct a few small modeling issues?

The EVS screens are the wrong shape, and it looks like you're missing the lower throttle grips. I'd hate to have to try and grab all of those throttles with one hand.

Looks good, otherwise.

Regards,

Nick

tigisfat
    I won't get it until the VC is released either.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I'd have to look into both of those. These are the first screens I have seen of cockpit outside of the renders. I can't look at what I posted either since I am at work and it blocks out photobucket. I know the grips you are talking about though. Watched a program on the B-52 on the History Channel and saw them using a lower grip in flight to manipulate all of the throttles.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by kack911 View Post
    I don't have the CS BUFF, but with once this VC is done, I could be convinced to pick it up.

I know you said you're working on the textures now, but I was wondering if there's a chance you might correct a few small modeling issues?

The EVS screens are the wrong shape, and it looks like you're missing the lower throttle grips. I'd hate to have to try and grab all of those throttles with one hand.

Looks good, otherwise.

Regards,

Nick
    I can't answer as to whether they will remodel the EVS screens, but the lower throttle grips are there, they haven't been animated yet and are out of view in the screenshots.

Darrell

Ok, yep, now that you mention it, I see a tiny sliver of the lower grips in the first pic.

Thanks Darrell.

Nick

Cool Buff Pilot

I was yapping to a Buff driver at an airshow one day and he said he had to have 3 fingers surgically added to operate the throttles.

Regards, Rob:ernae:
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"He who can lead you to believe an absurdity can lead you to commit an atrocity." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    I'd have to look into both of those. These are the first screens I have seen of cockpit outside of the renders. I can't look at what I posted either since I am at work and it blocks out photobucket. I know the grips you are talking about though. Watched a program on the B-52 on the History Channel and saw them using a lower grip in flight to manipulate all of the throttles.
    Hi Steve,

When I replied to Darrell, I somehow missed your post...not sure how that happened, sorry.

Hey if you need an additional source for cockpit related stuff on the BUFF, let me know. After I posted, I went and dug out some of the B-52H maintenance stuff I have. Everything I have is hard copy, but if there's anything you couldn't find references for, I'd be happy to transcribe text, or even make a few scans if you need it. For instance, I have a nice cutaway view of the throttle quadrant sitting here.

If you think it's worthwhile, hit me with a PM.

Regards,

Nick

Can't wait, please hurry. I want it bad. Thanks, and I will send my check in the second it is ready.

Being Patient!?

Thought I'd ask for a status report, so I'm giving this thread a "BUMP". TIA.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    For the time being the cockpit is still with the coding guys making sure stuff gets implemented, that gauges work and getting weathered. Coding is definately a more difficult process than modeling. Do not worry though, as soon as I hear or see something back it will be up here.
    Steve

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update... I took the plunge and bought the BUFF... She really will be a gem when your vc is done.. I'm in line to buy it also. Thanks for helping out the community by granting a specialized request.:salute:

Hi Gents! Coding is continuing.. No timeframe on when she'll be ready, but moving along quite nicely :mixedsmi: I hope you like the finished product once released :ernae:

Darrell

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    And there you guys have it from the source himself. Thanks for directly responding Darrell.
    Steve

Excellent progress, gentlemen ! It's looking very good! :mixedsmi:

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

tigisfat
    Can we see some screens of it weathered to help us pass the time?

It will be shown when it's ready to be shown....

Members who have read this thread: 0