T-38
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T-38

That's a pleasant surprise! Where are we going to be able to get it?

Darrell

Charter Member 2015
    Great news......I'm sure that JMiG will be pleased too!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Nice looking bird there, but I believe the T-38 doesn't have the main wings extended at the front (LEX), that started with the F-5A design. The wings go straight into the fuse following the same angle at the leading edge from tip to fuselage joint. Also, it doesn't have slats, that started also with the F-5A if I'm not mistaken. Good job nevertheless!

Jose.

Hi there, I know I'm in the FSX forum so perhaps my post is out of order, but is there any chance of an FS9 version? That bird - your's looks great btw - is my all time fav FS model. I still fly the now years old FSD Talon on a regular basis. I appreciate FSX is easier to build for but there's still a huge number of FS9 users who for various reasons haven't or won't convert. You haven't stated if it's freeware or payware (payware I assume) - I for one would buy an FS9 version. Anyways, good luck with the project.

LonelyplanetXO

Quote Originally Posted by joanvalley View Post
    Nice looking bird there, but I believe the T-38 doesn't have the main wings extended at the front (LEX), that started with the F-5A design. The wings go straight into the fuse following the same angle at the leading edge from tip to fuselage joint. Also, it doesn't have slats, that started also with the F-5A if I'm not mistaken. Good job nevertheless!

Jose.
    easy fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by joanvalley View Post

Jose.
    Good eyes - you are correct Sir!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by UKMIL View Post
    easy fixed!
    You know, now comes to mind that if you change the exhausts with the wings as they are, you've got the F-5B! Congrats mate!

Jose.

indeed but we want the T-38, so the wing roots and slats are now gone

Any possible chance to get a stock NASA texture with this...I've always loved the T-38, not to mention I"m only a 4 minute drive to {KEFD - Ellington Airfield} and get to see them flying all the time.

Nice to see a FSX T-38...once again UKMIL..go figure

Great JOB guys......THANK YOU in advance

Cheers
    Ari

She looks fantastic! Based on the cockpit in the top left sceenie, looks like you're modeling a T-38C.

Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by aris11b View Post
    Any possible chance to get a stock NASA texture with this...I've always loved the T-38, not to mention I"m only a 4 minute drive to {KEFD - Ellington Airfield} and get to see them flying all the time.
    A "stock" NASA version requires a different panel layout as well as some different antennas.
    Applying different paint doesn't make it a different aircraft. JMHO :-)
    :ernae:

External looks up to scratch for definate, whats the vc like though? If that is anything as good as the external then this is a keeper as I'm both an Alphasim F5 and Aerosoft/Flylogic TigerX - Patrouile Suisse pilot so I hope you do this airframe credit, though once released as its freeware I wouldn't complain, but please make this better than your normal stuff as I find UKMIL, a bit well, disapointing to say the least!

Regards Pete!!!

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks again,Ukmil....I'm looking forward to it's release.

I'm not too fussed on the VC as I could also use the Alphasim, Flylogic or Piglet's F-5 pit....or maybe even the Iris F-20.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Retired SOH Administrator
    Yeah buddy...looks great to me....who do I send my credit card to...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    I'm not too fussed on the VC as I could also use the Alphasim, Flylogic or Piglet's F-5 pit....or maybe even the Iris F-20.
    Piglet's Tiger VC would work, however what's the point of an exterior model with a glassy pit and an all-steam VC?

The Tigershark is a FS9 model, so you can't use its VC.

Not sure about the models from Flylogic and Alphasim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The Tigershark is a FS9 model, so you can't use its VC.
    There was a native release of the F-20 so you can use the VC if you have the update. The Flylogic and Alpha birds have native models so if you have them you can transplant their VCs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    out soon
    Thank you SIR!

This will go well with my pit. May I make a request? Have a VC without the panel. You know one where you can see the sides if you turn your head but, looking forward there is no VC in the way. I have a sim pit that has all the gauges. This would be beautiful!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    External looks up to scratch for definate, whats the vc like though? If that is anything as good as the external then this is a keeper as I'm both an Alphasim F5 and Aerosoft/Flylogic TigerX - Patrouile Suisse pilot so I hope you do this airframe credit, though once released as its freeware I wouldn't complain, but please make this better than your normal stuff as I find UKMIL, a bit well, disapointing to say the least!

Regards Pete!!!
    Pete,

Unfortuantly, I don't care. I have learned a LOT in the last year, from the Flightsim Community. I CANNOT, and now WILL not please everyone. At the end of the day, this model is FREEWARE, so no credit card needed, so you will get what I release. I am fed up with people saying UKMIL Models are crap. So what, who gives a crap, why do you not do a better one for free???
    so to everyone who bitches about UKMIL, I dont really care. If I was a PAYWARE group and needed your cash to survive, I would, but i dont, so I make these models in my own time and will release what I want to release in whatever condition I want to.
    RANT over, onto other parts

the VC is being modelled too, and will be shown soon, but this is a quick snapshot

one major area lacking in this is the FDE's.

I am no expert in FDE's, so I have added the UKMIL HAWK FDE's, added an engine, and afterburners. Other than that, it is what it is. If there are any FDE experts who want to have a crack at this, come over to UKMIL and contact me

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Thank you SIR!

This will go well with my pit. May I make a request? Have a VC without the panel. You know one where you can see the sides if you turn your head but, looking forward there is no VC in the way. I have a sim pit that has all the gauges. This would be beautiful!

this is something I can look at yes

Pete,

Unfortuantly, I don't care. I have learned a LOT in the last year, from the Flightsim Community. I CANNOT, and now WILL not please everyone. At the end of the day, this model is FREEWARE, so no credit card needed, so you will get what I release. I am fed up with people saying UKMIL Models are crap. So what, who gives a crap, why do you not do a better one for free???
    so to everyone who bitches about UKMIL, I dont really care. If I was a PAYWARE group and needed your cash to survive, I would, but i dont, so I make these models in my own time and will release what I want to release in whatever condition I want to.
    RANT over, onto other parts

the VC is being modelled too, and will be shown soon, but this is a quick snapshot
    Smart move. Gotta have a thick skin for this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    Smart move. Gotta have a thick skin for this hobby.
    indeed mate, I got sick of people like this last year, constantly slagging off., what is in the end, something for FREE! so I grew my thick skin, now i could not care if you like it or not, dont use it, it make NO difference to me at all!!!!

Certainly looks like one of your better models! Perhaps one small bit of cricitism would be that some of the panel lines look rather thick/strong, especially on top of the wings. Might look a bit better if the effect was reduced a little?

Members who have read this thread: 0