Saints shook up the world!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints shook up the world!

Ken Stallings

Saints shook up the world!

Wow!

What a magnificent Super Bowl. And congrats to the Saints! They be the Aint's no more!

Who dat? Who dat? Nobody! Dat's who!

Ken

How about dat! (Nice to see someone get their first title)
    Congrats, but I knew they were going to win, being Saints and all.

"No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

SOH-CM-2024

We's gwan Fais Do-Do for tree weeks!

:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Mardi Gras will last forever this February!

Caz

So excited. Finally!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SAINTS!!!!! :ernae:

(Next underdog: Detroit Lions)

WooHoo Saints!!!!!
    Matt

Retired SOH Administrator
    That was the best Superbowl I have seen. That second quarter on side kick was something. The interception as far as I am concern was the turning point of the game. Linda and I loved it :ernae: ...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Blog Entries
    WOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOO! WHO DAT SAY THEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!

NOBODY DAT'S WHO!

At least this year.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    its not very often i root for the state team
    But
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Grad to see them win. :ernae::ernae::ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harleyman
    AWSOME game....Congrats to them.....

Happiness Consultant
    Congrats!! :ernae:
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Hey All,

Good to see a Saint Win! The Saint offense keeping Peyton Manning on the bench most of the game and then the Saints running an onside kick to start the second half - what is up with that? And the Colt defense just didn't get enough pressure on Brees.

Archie must have really mixed feelings. Peyton is running the risk of becoming known as the guy who couldn't deliver at crunch time and may be relegated to the ranks of great QB wannabees even if he ends up the QB with the greatest statistics in the history of the NFL.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Good to see a Saint Win! The Saint offense keeping Peyton Manning on the bench most of the game and then the Saints running an onside kick to start the second half - what is up with that? And the Colt defense just didn't get enough pressure on Brees.

Archie must have really mixed feelings. Peyton is running the risk of becoming known as the guy who couldn't deliver at crunch time and may be relegated to the ranks of great QB wannabees even if he ends up the QB with the greatest statistics in the history of the NFL.

-Ed-
    I don't think Peyton need not worry about his legacy. He did his job. He was amazing. That interception was just good coverage by the Saints. They have been doing that all year. They are like the boxer who keeps taking one hit after another. Just when you think you have him on the ropes, a haymaker from nowhere connects with your jaw.

I think having someone as good as Manning can sometimes be bad. The team can have a tendency to relax and let him win it for you. One of the things I saw with the Saints this year was how they had no "Stars". The entire team played as a team.

You saw that tonight. That victory was a team victory.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

harleyman
    It was most certainly a team victory.....

Ken Stallings
    No question the Saints won by a full team effort. Special teams, offense and defense. They played a very tight game.

They controlled the ball. The onsides kick was so huge because it kept Manning on the bench and it led to a Saints TD. Drew Brees ran a ball control passing game. I haven't seen one so highly effective since Joe Montana ran the West Coast offense for the 49'ers.

Steve Young on ESPN made a cogent analysis. He pointed out that the Colts ran only two thirds of the series on offense they normally do. His other point is that the Saints are a young team, so they might be back in the playoffs next season.

They didn't win this game with smoke and mirrors. They won by a very balanced team approach executed extremely well.

Ken

Well,
    All I know is that on Friday, I told our entire directorate that if the Colts won, I'd buy the beer....:d

Hals und Bein Bruch
    WORD ken, I was thinking Montana all game..!

MyassisDragon
    Congrats to the Saints. They were my sentimental pick. Glad they won.

Sure did me a world of good to see the Saints go all the way and win the big one. I've been a Saints fan since Archie was playing, through the Aints, paper bags and all. I'm betting the devil has his long underwear on right now.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Sure did me a world of good to see the Saints go all the way and win the big one. I've been a Saints fan since Archie was playing, through the Aints, paper bags and all. I'm betting the devil has his long underwear on right now.
    Devil does and so do I.... intercepted Pass... never before have i wished for a Colts fan with a sniper Rifle so much in my life...

but congrats to the Saints... that crossfield kick gave them the momentum they needed, must upload my pictures somewhere my brother kept taking... it's a sedate affair in my house... just snacks, volume on low to not wake anyone up and me trying not to swear or shout so i wake anybody... hope they're out next year... so who dod you think's gonna be in it next year...?

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

-Ed-
    Payton did his job, but the Colts aren't complete as a team like the Saints. Payton Manning is their franchise, without him, they are a second level team. If Garcon had not dropped that pass at the start of the second quarter, the game could have become a blow-out by the Colts. As it were, Garcon dropped an egg laid in his basket and the Colts were three and out for the whole of the second quarter. The Saints could not mount but two field goals, but that second quarter took the sting out of the Colts' defense, they were not much of a factor after that.

And we all know, the best defense against Payton Manning is to keep him on the bench, which is what the Saints did pretty much after the first quarter.

Go Saints, mega-Mardi Gras this February!

Caz

Happiness Consultant
    Personally I think Manning needed the shocker that he's not as great as he thinks he is. The interception was fantastic! But that was just 1 of atleast 4 attempted intercepts ...

I do have a problem with the way the NFL is televising their programs lately. I'm tired of camera men zooming in on players faces when there is no reason to do so, especially when the commentators are talking about someone else ...

We had so many close ups of Manning last night that it began to turn my stomach! I'll have to admit during most of the 2nd quarter, and finally in the fourth quarter, it looked like he was about to cry, and the way they caught him wiping his cheeks once, I'm not sure he wasn't.

Once again ... GREAT GAME SAINTS!!!
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Devil does and so do I.... intercepted Pass... never before have i wished for a Colts fan with a sniper Rifle so much in my life...

but congrats to the Saints... that crossfield kick gave them the momentum they needed, must upload my pictures somewhere my brother kept taking... it's a sedate affair in my house... just snacks, volume on low to not wake anyone up and me trying not to swear or shout so i wake anybody... hope they're out next year... so who dod you think's gonna be in it next year...?

Hee Hee...

*He acknowledges the call to abort the mission, re-safes the switches and turns for home.*

<-- For Matt
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM