One word...

UGLY !

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    That's a cool helmet.

No..Its Ugly too !

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    No..Its Ugly too !
    I take it you are more of a "traditionalist" when it comes to motorcycles and their paraphernalia...

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    I take it you are more of a "traditionalist" when it comes to motorcycles and their paraphernalia...

I just dont like the shields and my vision blocked on the sides like that one does..i wear 1/2 helmets...

Charter Member 2011
    as long as it doesnt sound like a turbo driven hair dryer it can be as ugly as it wants! :mixedsmi:
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Blog Entries
    One word...

UGLY !

I can see where that machine doesn't go with your self image. Why, I bet it even has a muffler....that works.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

6297J
    This is the Scooter for me -

The Gilera GP800 - the fastest Scooter in the world :salute:

Capacity 839cc
    Engine V-twin, 4 stoke, 4 valve electronic fuel injected
    Cooling Liquid
    Electric Starter Yes
    Bore/Stroke 88x69mm
    Transmission Automatic twist and go with CVT
    Front Suspension 41mm aluminium allot telescopic hydraulic fork
    Rear Suspension Aluminium alloy swingarm, hydraulic monoshock
    Front Brake 300mm stainless steel double disc
    Rear Brake 280mm stainless steel disc
    Wheel Size 16"-15"
    Running Weight 245 kg

And all for a mere £6856.00

Happiness Consultant
    One word...

UGLY !

Ummm ... NO! The word would be FUGLY and so too the helmet for the same reasons.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

up here in toronto, scooters are for people who can afford a motorcycle, but are too snooty to ride one. it never ceases to amaze me when i see some goof ride by on a brand new vespa that i know he paid over 3 grand for.
    he coulda spent the same money and got an actual motorcycle.

I like Harleyman's scooter!!!!! Now THIS my friends is a Real Man's Scoot!!! HM knows how to Rock-n-Roll!!!!:ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Yep,
    This is considered a "scooter".....:isadizzy:
    Panther, I was looking at a Honda Silverwing for in town use, mainly as transportation to and from work, and to help out on wallet with the price of gas these days.
    582cc is what interested me, plus it has gotten a lot of good reviews from owners.
    Now that I'm working out of my house, I no longer see the need for one.
    But it seems like they are pretty popular with the rest of the planet.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I have Been riding for many years now, I have owned only two makes of Bike Triumph (1968) and harley (1986)..
    and I shall not decry any one who rides whatever Scooter they wish..
    For I know it takes a special brave soul to ride today..
    May you be safe and happy on your scooter..
    Always remember Keep her Upright and all shall be well..
    my Harley and I try always try to agree on this..

:salute::salute::salute:

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Scooters are great for short trips in an urban enviroment; it will get you to your destination fast because you can take shortcuts and drive past traffic jams.

In Paris this BMW C1 is very popular, because of its roof and seatbelts you do not need to wear a helmet and you will get to your destination dry if it rains:

I would be more interested in the Piaggio MP3 though; those two frontwheels might look silly, but because it has three wheels I can ride it with my car drivers license only, so I do not have to take driving lessons for a motorcycle driving license:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    as a Mod in the 60's as apposed to a rocker
    i had a vespa and a lambretta
    as you can ride one at 16
    i must admit they are not safe
    the small wheels will kill you
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:La...150_ld_(2).JPG
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Ken Stallings
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    up here in toronto, scooters are for people who can afford a motorcycle, but are too snooty to ride one. it never ceases to amaze me when i see some goof ride by on a brand new vespa that i know he paid over 3 grand for.
    Precisely!

I was watching "How It's Made" this morning. They showed production of a three-wheeled vehicle for road travel. It was a glorified motorcycle but with the styling of an ATV.

It costs $50,000! :isadizzy:

To put into perspective ...

For $50,000 you could purchase a quality 1970's era Cessna Skyhawk. Right now, even a 300 total hour 2000 model Skyhawk only costs about $100,000.

The price of things today is totally out of hand. And I suspect part of the reason is the marketing focus on "being trendy."

Ken

Speed you come off a motorcycle, half helmets are as useful as not wearing any in most occasions.

...I might not be the best looking guy but I like to keep my face in once piece, dont fancy my jaw being ripped half off either

6297J
    My brother has nearly paid for his Piaggio in what he has saved in petrol and Congestion Charge already and he's only had it a couple of years. It costs him pennies to commute into London every day. One thing he doesn't look when he is riding it though is 'trendy'

I wouldn't fancy trying to commute to work in a Cessna Skyhawk.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    Ah I hate to say this...
    But most motorcycles today start at around 5K.......

my First' Moped/Scooter was a Peugeot Speedfight 2, now i had saved for years and years and finally got my dream bike...

Speedfight 2

my current beauty...

'Cept mines yellow i like the 996R and i like some of the older bikes too, what i'd give to ride a Vincent Black Shadow

My dream bike...and when I get it, I will wear a helmet like the one in Panther's picture.
    Attachment 29271

Now here is a scooter!

Cushman Scooters from the 1940's and 50's. Can't beat 'em. Heck,...ever the Dead End boys would tool around on them.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Ken Stallings
    Quote Originally Posted by 6297J View Post
    My brother has nearly paid for his Piaggio in what he has saved in petrol and Congestion Charge already and he's only had it a couple of years. It costs him pennies to commute into London every day. One thing he doesn't look when he is riding it though is 'trendy'

I wouldn't fancy trying to commute to work in a Cessna Skyhawk.
    Congestion Charge ...

I'm suddenly reminded of the scene from Blazing Saddles where the character played by Slim Pickens arrives at the toll booth for the LePetamain Throughfare and laments, "Now what'll that ******* think of next!"

I'm sure enough taxes by governments could make walking more affordable. But that doesn't really mean its more efficient.

Obviously you missed the point ... what vehicle do you really think costs more to produce -- an airplane or a scooter? Considering mass production, the scooter is way overpriced. Even more overpriced than an airplane, and that's not exactly a victory one should want because aircraft are overpriced also.

A motorcycle at $5,000 is a better buy than a scooter at $3,000. My point is that to charge $50,000 for a three-wheel motorcycle is ridiculous. I could have compared it to a $15,000 Mini but I thought since it was equivalent to an airplane that the comparison would make the point better. Since this is a flight-themed website I thought perhaps that point would emerge. Guess I was wrong!

Ken