FSD P-38 battery and fuel switches....

Thread: FSD P-38 battery and fuel switches....

FSD P-38 battery and fuel switches....

Hello Everyone;
    Am I the only one to have troubles with the fuel pump switches and Battery switch of the Flight Sim developpers P-38?
    It seems that the battery switch and fuel pumps switches position are inverted in my P-38. When I switch the battery ON and fuel pumps ON, nothing happens; If I switch OFF the battery, and the fuel pumps OFF, the fuel pumps start and one can hear them. (depending on aircraft model)
    Have you noticed such a thing?
    I just reinstalled the airplane and the following happens:

P-38J CAMO : fuel pump switches work/battery switch inverted.
    P-38J MARGE : fuel pump switches inverted/battery switch works.
    P-38J HAPPY JACK : fuel pumps and battery switches inverted.
    P-38J RESTORED : SWITCHES WORK NORMALLY
    P-38J YIPPEE : Fuel pumps and battery switches inverted
    P-38K TEST MULE : fuel pump switches inverted/battery switch works.
    P-38L FACTORY FRESH: SWITCHES WORK NORMALLY
    P-38L PUDGY: Fuel pumps and battery switches inverted

Thanks for your help!

That is very odd. There should be 0 reason for the texture to have any effect on the cockpit.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Thanks Kevin, You are right. I think the problem might come from a totally different reason ... but cannot figure out which one.

I had exactly the same problem and haven't been able to figure out what was going on. I ended up sending the plane to the big recycle bin in the sky until, maybe someday, there is a solution.

Thanks! I am glad to know I am not the only one getting this.
    I posted the same message on the FSD forum to get some help from the developers.

Having gone through the series of aircraft on my rig i didnt see any of
    the versions have the battery or fuel pump switches out of order.

There were a few possibilities that might account for this on another machine that came to mind ,
    one was starting with a saved flight that had something off or on and switching to the P38 , another was using a keyboard shortcut will make many switches in this aircraft go out of sequence with the visual display, the majority of the systems were done without default code and as a result are not moving when one uses a shortcut but do operate with a mouse .
    This setup is something i stopped programming into aircraft so people could use addon hardware but the P38 must have a hundred animations/systems of this type.

As to testing a solution try booting up a default Cessna and switching to the P38 , then see if all is in order . the other item would be to use the mouse to control the switches and see if that was the issue.

C.Jodry for FSD

I did a completely new re-install--with no error messages along the way that would indicate any install problems--then started FSX with default plane being the stock C172 cold and dark (I always use this). I've tried different aircraft, but with no improvement.

I then went to the FSD P-38 and.......exact same problem with battery and fuel pump switches. And I always use the mouse to operate the switches.

If people aren't starting the engines manually, then they may not be noticing the problem, so I am wondering how prevalent this situation really is.

Since the developers do not have this problem, then I must ask what they are using as far as default aircraft for FSX prior to switching to the P38?

Quote Originally Posted by WillKGTF View Post
    I did a completely new re-install--with no error messages along the way that would indicate any install problems--then started FSX with default plane being the stock C172 cold and dark (I always use this). I've tried different aircraft, but with no improvement.

I then went to the FSD P-38 and.......exact same problem with battery and fuel pump switches. And I always use the mouse to operate the switches.

If people aren't starting the engines manually, then they may not be noticing the problem, so I am wondering how prevalent this situation really is.

Since the developers do not have this problem, then I must ask what they are using as far as default aircraft for FSX prior to switching to the P38?
    I did exactly the same thing here.
    I guess most people use the magic Ctrl-E to start the engines and dont even notice the problem.
    I planned to make some "test flight" videos with the FSD P-38 but I must be able to show the proper start sequence. And I am not for now.

The solution may be to start from a normal running state and then shut down the systems in the P38 and save that state , the start up sequence is not the same as a 182 and it may be the shutdown isnt as well, perhaps worth a try .

I had an idea and decided to switch the default aircraft to the FSX C172 with engine running, after I previously started the engine with control+E.

I then re-installed the p38 and started FSX, and then loaded the p38 (jack's go buggy) with the engines running. I shut this p38's engines and everything else off to achieve a cold and dark state manually, and noticed that the battery and fuel pump seemed to work properly. I started and restarted the engines several times and everything was working OK.

However....when I saved this p38 with this cold and dark state-- with everything working properly-- as the default aircraft and went back to it after re-starting FSX, battery and fuel pump switches no worky, P38 naughty, me pissy.

I banished it to the recycle bin once again. This time I think forever.

Quote Originally Posted by WillKGTF View Post
    I had an idea and decided to switch the default aircraft to the FSX C172 with engine running, after I previously started the engine with control+E.

I then re-installed the p38 and started FSX, and then loaded the p38 (jack's go buggy) with the engines running. I shut this p38's engines and everything else off to achieve a cold and dark state manually, and noticed that the battery and fuel pump seemed to work properly. I started and restarted the engines several times and everything was working OK.

However....when I saved this p38 with this cold and dark state-- with everything working properly-- as the default aircraft and went back to it after re-starting FSX, battery and fuel pump switches no worky, P38 naughty, me pissy.

I banished it to the recycle bin once again. This time I think forever.
    sad ending..! I keep mine in my hangar and will keep using the 2 that work properly....
    Thanks for your feedback anyways. :ernae:

Well guys, i have totally same problem with FSD Commander, i cannot make successful load in FSX, when i save Commander to be Cold&Dark state and default flight.

I allways need to load other plane with engines running and then change to Commander and all works, but when i make default Cold&Dark flight for Commander, FSX crashes and says FSDCommander.dll is Faulty file.

So this is glad to hear that im not only one who have the same issues.

IT WORKS!
    I have been trying many things lately and eventually got it right!.
    I saved a flight using the camo P-38 (P-38 flight.FLT) and edited this file with a text editor. I just changed the following :
    [Systems.0]
    BatterySwitch=true
    StructuralDeiceSwitch=False
    PropDeiceSwitch=False
    Autobrakes=0
    StandbyVacuum=False
    PropSync=False
    AutoFeatherSwitch=False
    FlightDirector=False
    PanelLights=False
    LaunchBarSwitch=False
    LaunchBarState=0
    TailhookHandle=False
    TailhookState=0
    FoldingWingsHandle=False
    FoldingWingsState=0, 0

then I saved the file (P-38 flight.FLT) as F:\Flight Simulator X\Flights\other\FLTSIM.FLT (default flight for FSX) after backing up the original file.
    I restarted FSX several times and the battery and fuel pumps switches work properly now.
    Hope I have been clear and it'll work for you... :ernae:

MirageIII2009 IT WORKS!
    I have been trying many things lately and eventually got it right!.
    I saved a flight using the camo P-38 (P-38 flight.FLT) and edited this file with a text editor. I just changed the following :
    [Systems.0]
    BatterySwitch=true
    StructuralDeiceSwitch=False
    PropDeiceSwitch=False
    Autobrakes=0
    StandbyVacuum=False
    PropSync=False
    AutoFeatherSwitch=False
    FlightDirector=False
    PanelLights=False
    LaunchBarSwitch=False
    LaunchBarState=0
    TailhookHandle=False
    TailhookState=0
    FoldingWingsHandle=False
    FoldingWingsState=0, 0
    NICE WORK! I gave it a try and everything is good. Two thumbs up!<label for="rb_iconid_14"></label>

Glad to hear that Will!
    Enjoy your Cold and Dark P-38 ! :ernae: