New rig is "really seeing the details now"

Thread: New rig is "really seeing the details now"

New rig is "really seeing the details now"

Getting better.... i7 975 extreme edition, asus rampage II extreme, corsair dominator gt - 6gb ddr3 2000, noctua nh-u12p se1366, wd velociraptor 300, 150 raptor, coolmaster haf 932, evga gtx275 superclocked and a 950 watt ps..windows 7 pro. Choice of running running programs at 3.3 - 3.7 - 4.2 through auto mode

more

Nice Pics!
    Enjoy your new rig :ernae:
    Regards,
    Robert

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, it's great when you get a new computer and start running FSX at its best!
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Enjoy,
    Ian.

Just got an I7 920. I don't know what has impressed me most, the smooth play or the load times !
    Bet that's a beast.

Charter Member 2015
    :ernae:
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I still have some tweaking to do - I used to think some of the shots taken on this forum were doctored a lot, not anymore - The smoothness and the detail is amazing - I really liked the way it looked on the (now official) CFS3 rig, but this is so much more like gliding on ice - still not crazy frame rates, but it does not change much when your in heavy scenery - Nice. and Thanks to all who answered my questions about the build and such

Congrats in the new box. Your setup is very similar to the upgrade I did recently. The previous motherboard (or whatever) decided it didn't want to boot. I took that as a sign that it was time to upgrade

harleyman
    Looking great there..Nice shots too!

MCDesigns
    Nice rig, congrats! A new PC is always a great thing!:ernae:

Retired SOH Administrator
    It feels good when ya turn on a new pooter and it runs a game like it is suppose to. Sounds like you are ready to have a blast :ernae: ...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

I think your going to need to take a few sick days and bond with your rig and fsx

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by limjack View Post
    I think your going to need to take a few sick days and bond with your rig and fsx

Uhhh Huhhhh I second that...

THAT's a RIG

Nice pix and... that rig is awesome! Enjoy.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Blog Entries
    A hearty congratulations on your new rig .. I know that once you get it tweaked the way you like it, your gonna love this thing to no end.. I dont have anything near what you just built, but only the other day, i discovered just what kind of frame rates i'm getting and have been guiltily contemplating pushing the sliders up a whole bunch more. I think you may find yourself doing the same ..

Can't forget about Cruzin'