Skyraider Stuff...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skyraider Stuff...

Skyraider Stuff...

WIP's, External tex mapping and 99% ext. model done. Still got to make ton of ordnance to hang off it!
    And of course the second half, int. and VC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Tim, that looks fantastic! :salute:
    One small request, if you will allow, for a clean version. I saw several in action making strafing runs in the Ashau Valley with no ordinance on the hard-points. It was a Beautiful Sight.
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

Very nice Tim, really looking forward to it :ernae:

Looking good Tim.. I love that plane !
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Piglet, excellent choice of avatar picture. Does that mean we can expect a nice red little Sword Fish from you ?

Appart from that, this Skyraider looks awesome. Can't wait to fly it. Great job, as usual, mister Piglet :salute::ernae:

Darn Nice

Massive single engine and a load of metal. What more could one want in an airplane. Looking forward to flying this one. Thanks Mr. Piglet (and that goes for all the other great planes you've done)!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

That's looking really nice, Tim!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Looking awesome Tim! :salute:

EgoR64
    Yes

Looks Great -

Charter Member 2015
    Excellent work,Piglet!:ernae:

Anyone know if there's a good napalm effect available for fsx?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Great Mr Piglet :ernae:
    Waiting impatiently to d/load

Italo

Tim, Your talent is overwhelming! You are good at what you do. Thanks a million.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks all:ernae:
    Does that mean we can expect a nice red little Sword Fish from you ?
    Thinking of making Faye's Redtail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    First Rule of Aviation:

Piglet

It looks fantastic.

Please do a clean model.

I used to see them at Eglin and Hurlburt all the time back in 60s.

The vast majority were clean. There were times when they were loaded with ordnance also.

VCN-1

Nice Tim!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Excellent Tim! I know this one will be flown quite frequently on my machine. A grandmother of mine worked for Douglas in the 40's, out on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">California</st1lace></st1:State> coast as a riveter on the tail assemblies, so with various stories throughout my life, I have always had a soft spot for the Skyraider and am looking forward to experiencing this one in the sim. She has always been proud to know and learn more about the amazing service career that it had, and how even today there are many still flying.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    It is not my place, nor anyone's except for yours Tim, to make this request, but I agree with VCN-1, that the option to fly an example without ordnance would be greatly preferred by me, and I would be forever grateful for it! The work you have put into this airplane looks very accurate and exceptionally well done!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Looks so beautiful! Cant wait to "test flight" her ! :ernae:

Oh YES!!! Piglet, you never cease to amaze me! Unbelievable details!!!

NC

Piglet, you are a modeling machine. :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Thinking of making Faye's Redtail
    Any of those will be good, especially if YOU model it.
    Thanks for the info, good luck with the finalization of your current project :ernae:

WOW, this is outstanding work and so quick. Got my eyes on it !

Dang .. I brought the RAZBAM raider , she is great .. its one aircraft that , well has an appeal , maybe its so many hardpoints, just simply the wings full off them , 'Flight of the Intruder ' a couple come ripping in overhead with there 20mm blazing , very much looking forward to this one , Tim .. your s Simply the best!<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

As for the underwing stuff, I'm gonna do what I did for the Super Tucano. Have the stores appear, and disappear with visibility tags. Just remember to alter your fuel/payload properly!
    P.S That dang gear took almost a week to get right!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    First Rule of Aviation:

And that is the difference between you and a lot of other freeware and payware developers. You take the time to get it right and we appreciate it!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Piglet, this bird is gonna be a winner, I am sure! Outstanding work...

Members who have read this thread: 1