Epic Victory Jet screenshots
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Victory Jet screenshots

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Epic Victory Jet screenshots

Hey all,

For those that might be interested in progress on the Victory jet, I thought I would show a couple of screenshots.

The model is being fitted with FSX textures or 'materials' (which is a sophisticated process, dialing them all in). There are 3 materials for the plexi alone, as the rear cabin windows are tinted, and the interior is seperate and differently tuned as well.

Fun little jet. I can only imagine what it must be like to own one. Through an ex-employee at the factory, I am in contact with an owner who has a reddish burgundy Victory. Beautiful little plane.

Note; To date, this will now only be available for FSX. My apologies to the FS9 people. (I am one as well.. arrgh).

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Beautiful!!!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Wow Bill, that looks extraordinary!!!

Retired SOH Administrator
    Sweet...now I will have something to show dem Pop-farts what real flying is all about...lol...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Cool, will it sport the G1000 suite for avionics?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Impressive looking for sure

This will complement the flying dolphin already in my hangar.

One question though, not about FSX but about buying such PLJs (personal light jets) in real life. If one can afford only one aircraft, what is the value proposition of a PLJ compared a turboprop single that can fly further, most probably faster and better field performance (length, altitude, type)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They really have those dished access panels, like a Piper Cub??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

looks like another winner to me

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    They really have those dished access panels, like a Piper Cub??
    Yep. :d

One question though, not about FSX but about buying such PLJs (personal light jets) in real life. If one can afford only one aircraft, what is the value proposition of a PLJ compared a turboprop single that can fly further, most probably faster and better field performance (length, altitude, type)?

WombatVC

A very good question Wombat. The market is really fluxuating lately. I watch the planes in Ebay and Turboprops are doing good, where vintage private Lears are selling low, but they are aged planes. This is totally new technology with a super lite airframe, which is a diff twist on the new planes, fuel burn, performance, climbout, etc.

Cool, will it sport the G1000 suite for avionics?

RyanATC

Yes. A slightly modified version of the Epic LT G1000 system. This will have a 3 page MVP-50 screen system for turbine monitoring and basic fluids watch, center mounted. Same Autopilot as the Epic LT with voice system.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Looking fantastic Bill.

What length runway does she require?
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Sleek looking aircraft Bill!

Got any interior pics..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

harleyman
    I am ready for this...It looks amazing Bill...

Can't wait for her to be released .....

I'm so happy to have a job again.
    I'll have to get this one. Beautiful.
    Yes, any shots of the 'office' yet, Bill?
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Hi Bill!
    Fine job, as usual!
    When a FSX Blade Runner's car?

Best Regards,
    Luca

I don't think I can remember a single FS addon aircraft I have ever been so dissappointed about; I have been looking forward to this one for soooooo long...and not only do we not get the Epic VLJ, but FSD has abandoned us as well with the Cirrus Vision jet. Oh well. And to think that while most people are moving to fsx, I just uninstalled fsx from my system to go ALL fs9....

Looks fantastic, Bill! That's one really sleek looking aircraft. Great work!

-George
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Blog Entries
    WoooooooHoooooo!

Outstanding!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Bill, as always, looking forward to another Winner :ernae:

Great work so far, Bill! Looking forward to this one! I love the lines of this design very much.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    I don't think I can remember a single FS addon aircraft I have ever been so dissappointed about; I have been looking forward to this one for soooooo long...and not only do we not get the Epic VLJ, but FSD has abandoned us as well with the Cirrus Vision jet. Oh well. And to think that while most people are moving to fsx, I just uninstalled fsx from my system to go ALL fs9....

So you have FsX, but uninstalled it and now you are disappointed that certain aircraft are FsX only...?? :isadizzy:
    All you have to do to fly it is reinstall FsX it seems..

BTW I'm quite happy with an FsX only version, as FsX allows much more detail, better textures and more animations. Looking at Bills' screenshots I can understand why he doesn't feel the need to do a fs9 version, because he will have to reduce poly's etc.. :mixedsmi:
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

harleyman

No need to be so dissapointed...Its only for FSX.... The developer did what he needed to do was all..I'm sure it was not intended to disrupt you life...

SOH-CM-2014

I wish I could uninstall FSX from my system. Its business though. 75% or more of my business is for FSX. I hate making planes for it and would make only FS9 format planes for it if I could. The various things needed to make a plane pure FSX are goofy. For instance, changing the rudder pedals to work in FSX (they had the wrong attachment code), is nearly impossible. I cant repair a mistake on parts that have wrong codes.

But, I need this model to have many features, and super small, perfect panel screws and plate panels with very precise corners with radius' on them.

I wasnt going to leak this, but I am paying a very well known program guru to figure a way to make a better compiler for FS2004. This would be a compiler that would enable a FSX style mesh to be compiled into a FS2004 mesh. This is a compiler that would 'not' have a limit of polygons, and would 'not' have a Vertice proximity limit so that small parts could be made and would not distort.

Its becoming a very difficult task though. We thought we had the Vertice limit axed, but it seems it fails to get taken out of the program for some reason. He is confident he can make this work, and when this becomes a reality, then the Victory will definately be available for FS9.

Bill

Good luck with what you are trying Lionheart. Although I've never had FS9 or earlier I know a lot of your customers do.

I'm really looking forward to this one, the Fanliner (hope I remembered that right), and the Avelina. I'm mostly into warbirds but you seem to pick such good subject matter it wins me over.
    "The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

Members who have read this thread: 0