UKMIL Nimrod AEW - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UKMIL Nimrod AEW

I have to apologise to ijay for going so off topic! I have the UKMIL Nimrod and it's a well done model Mea culpa!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I just love the UKMIL Nimrod. I think its a beautiful aircraft. They have earned there place with the RAF.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Im going opposite end of the scale I loved the fugly Buccaneer and just how well UK pilots pushed it lower then humanly possible

As for the Nimrod AEW I loved this version compared to the currant MR2 and MR4 versions
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga

yeah all the nimrods have a home on my sim i love them all, and bucc... now theres a beautiful aircraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have to apologise to ijay for going so off topic! I have the UKMIL Nimrod and it's a well done model Mea culpa!
    No problem, I have all the UKMIL Nimrods,all of which will have a permanent place on my hard drive. I have a particular fondness for the Nimrod as i live close to Newquay Airport which, as RAF ST.Mawgan was home to 42 Squadron who flew Nimrods so they were a regular sight in the skies around here. The Comet was a beautiful aircraft as is the Nimrod, but the AEW version just doesn't "do it" for me!
    One of my favourite things about SOH is the way the discussions tend to go off topic:isadizzy:

At the Waddington airshow last year one of the crew men was showing off the camera pod under the wing's display inside the cabin and I was amazed at how they have crammed in a fair amount of new technology into such an old airframe, I guess on that level it's comparable to that other veteran that never dies, the B-52.

It's just a shame that we didn't see sense and buy an off the shelf airliner and refit it to do the same job, rather than soldier on with an airframe with old tech problems.

Still I love it :mixedsmi:

Aew

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Hawker Hunter. And you're just biased, anyway. :P

Any yes calypsos, but there's an enduring urban legend that the USAF rapidly hushed up one of the Nimrod testbeds happily tracking a supposedly undetectable stealth demonstration flight for several hundred miles.

Whether it's true or not I don't know, but it's a good story. :d
    Speaking as an ex Nimrod AEW flight test observer, I can confirm that it is not urban legend but true, as I was on board at the time. Though it was not 700 miles it was significant.
    Shame it was cancelled as at the time the program had finally managed to iron out the major bugs caused by the changing RAF baseline specifications.

Members who have read this thread: 0