Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hello,
    Concerns the JU88A

The readme says "You will also need the KMB repaints that are also at
    the regshanger site".

I need some help I do not find these repaints
    Thanks in advance
    I've a feeling this an older read me fragment that was left in, but it is Ted's work not mine, so I'll leave it for him to give the final say.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

i am really enjoying these new baddies!,Seacondor great to hear you are ok.perhaps despite his never ending stream of miracles Nacht,Bravo?4 and Beaubrummie can get the He177 out like the Ju290.so much to look forward to in CFS3 in 2010!.

:salute::salute::salute:........achtung träter -shiff...achtung

f
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

dsawan
    Hi, I cant get the ju-290 to show in selection screen. the 2 folder are in aircraft folder but wont show. The 2 ju-88's show up though. any fix? I use ETO 1.2. thx.

Have you checked the nationalities?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    It maybe that under Germany they will come up as GL_JU290A_5 rather than Ju 290. Ted has done this in honour of Greg Law who did most of the model building.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

dsawan
    Hi, it does not show at all. I looked for gl. As for nationalities, what you meanor can you be specific? thx.

Well ignore my comment about nationalities as it should be under German. I think I had the PBY in my mind and had a brain fart.
    My only other suggestion is to check the entered service date and check you are in the right era for them to show up.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

dsawan
    Hmm, only thing is i have 2 installs, a clean and modded. i dont want to mess with the clean one. I clikc on cfs 3.exe to start game not the ETO icon. Still everything shows up but that plane. the 2 ju-88's released with that ju290 show up. The recon and a-17 so the ju290 shd be able to without using eras.

dsawan
    tried again onight and no go. I downloaded and reinstalled but they dont appear. Checkd service dates. entered service 1942 and left in 1957. nationality s Germany. Can't figure this problem out.
    The ju-88's from Beaumie's site work,just the ju290.

did ypu apply the Microsoft patches to CFS3? Without, you won't see 4-engine planes....

dsawan
    3.1 is aleady there from the beginning. Is there another? Mongoose you mentioned on pg 1 that you got some to show while othrs didn;t. How did you fix your problem and did you have the same issue as me?

dsawan
    Hi, still cant get it to appear. does any one else have this prob.? The ju--88's show up without picking an era, so I cant understand why this wont show. i really want to fly it.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

One more thing

Do you have patch 3.1a?

Just double checking once you unzipped the download you opened the folder called GL_Ju290_s, then you opened the folder called GL_Ju290's, once there you took each airplane folder GL_JU290A_7_9VGK & GL_Ju290A_5_9VBH and placed these in the main aircraft folder. Then you put the contents of the tk_shared in the main aircraft folder, the weapons where they belong. Do forget to put the folder Eng_sounds in the main aircraft folder too. If you did all this the planes should show up as

GL_JU290A_7
    GL_JU290A_5

in the drop down menu.

dsawan
    Hi, yeah its 3.1 because when I did my vanilla install to do ETO 1.2, you have to patch to latest. Al;so, I checked exe. under properties and it shows it there. Also, the readme is in folder with 3.1 mentioned. So that patch is there. Let me try your steps above and see.

Check this

Go to ETO and try to fly the Lancasters or Halifaxes. If you can then the 4 engine patch is there.

There are two 3.1 patches a 3.1 and a 3.1a

see this:

http://www.microsoft.com/Games/combatfs3/downloads.aspx

dsawan
    Hi, where is the 4 engine patch located?

There is no specific four-engine patch. It is included in the official Microsoft 3.1 and 3.1a updates Ted mentioned. Without these updates you will not be able to fly anything more than a twin-engined aircraft. You install these updates, along with the Mission Builder, to your VANILLA install of CFS3 BEFORE running any of the addon installers for MAW, ETO, PTO, OFF, or DPC Korea. And you must not make any modifications to your vanilla install until you have used it to install MAW, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

THese aircraft are really a nioce piece of work !
    In the Ju88A-6/A-17 A/Cs the left gunner movements are erratic and not in line with the reticule. Can this be corrected ?

dsawan
    Hi, got them(ju-290) to show up finally. I had to do another reinstall. Now I have another question. I notice in aircraft folder there are lancasters. they are not flyable but my Halifaxes(only 4) are. How would I get those lancs flyable?

dsawan
    here is a pic

Question Lancasters

You can now fly the Ju 290's and the Hailifaxes? If you can fly theses there is no reason you should not be able to fly the Lancasters.

gaffuri
    Very impressing!!!!
    Thanks
    =P

Having a look at the ETO version of these two aircrafts: ETO_JU290A5_5_44 and ETO_Ju290A7_5_44 I noticed that the details of the Top Front Turret Gun and the Top Rear Turret Gun are missing for both planes.
    Can this be corrected? Am I missing a .dds file?

Links do not work. can it be restored? or posted elsewhere?