Merry Christmas - Sibwings Birddog is Ready to Go!!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas - Sibwings Birddog is Ready to Go!!!!

I think this plane may have the best looking VC I have ever seen. Not that I'm a "VC expert" or anything. Just sayin. It looks real. And this plane is just fun as heck to fly! Thanks Sibwings people.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I think this plane may have the best looking VC I have ever seen. Not that I'm a "VC expert" or anything. Just sayin. It looks real. And this plane is just fun as heck to fly! Thanks Sibwings people.
    There is nothing more to say!I can only agree.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I think this plane may have the best looking VC I have ever seen.
    It sure does

Deputy Dog and Taiwan AF are now up at SOH library

Have fun

6297J
    Lovely work Pekka.

As for the VC I do think it somehow looked better in the screenshots posted nearly a year ago and for me the VC of the A2A Cub is the one to beat. But yes, it's certainly up there with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Deputy Dog is now finished, will upload it here tomorrow, since it's getting late here:ernae:

In real life this is used to tow gliders in Hawaii

bushpilot, Both paint are Brilliant, But the Deputy Dog is just plane C:mixedsmi::mixedsmi:L

Thanks for these

Whats the framerate on this like? I have a quite a weak PC for FSX and the specs on the Sibwings site recommends a 512mb graphics card for the Bird Dog..I only have 256mb card. I have the Sibwings Safir and the Lotus L-39 and I can run these fine..how does it compare to these two if anybody can compare the Bird Dog against any of these two a/c?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    bushpilot, Both paint are Brilliant, But the Deputy Dog is just plane C:mixedsmi::mixedsmi:L

Thanks, and glad you like it:ernae::ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    I have the Sibwings Safir and the Lotus L-39 and I can run these fine..how does it compare to these two if anybody can compare the Bird Dog against any of these two a/c?

I cannot compare them as I don't have lotus or safir, but for me it's one of the smoothest addon experiences.

Two more paints to come

Civil Air Patrol

Aussie based USAF scheme

SOH-CM-2024
    You are the jankees of the Birddog set!

Just gotta get Deputy Dog.

I need to start a Birddog paint, been too bust with family matters, however, added onto last night.

Caz

Great work! Thanks for doing a Taiwanese repaint. Now I don't have to do one.

Just a nitpick: the 12 rays on the roundel during that period should go all the way to the edge.

If I'm not mistaken, this was the early scheme. Later on, Taiwanese O-1s were painted dark green. The same color was retained after they were transferred to the Taiwan Army.

It sure does

Deputy Dog and Taiwan AF are now up at SOH library

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by MHAircraft View Post

Just a nitpick: the 12 rays on the roundel during that period should go all the way to the edge.
    Yeah it might have slipped through my usual sloppy "quality control". But I blame google for this

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Whats the framerate on this like? I have a quite a weak PC for FSX and the specs on the Sibwings site recommends a 512mb graphics card for the Bird Dog..I only have 256mb card. I have the Sibwings Safir and the Lotus L-39 and I can run these fine..how does it compare to these two if anybody can compare the Bird Dog against any of these two a/c?

Thanks in advance
    I'll stick my neck out and say it's on a par with both. In fact, if you purchase the Bird Dog and find it's causing your sim to lag, I'll offer to refund the cost of purchase myself.

Just a word of warning, this offer will only last as long as the alcohol presently in my system!
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

6297J
    Two more paints to come

Civil Air Patrol

Aussie based USAF scheme

Those two are FANTASTIC Thank you Pekka :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    I'll stick my neck out and say it's on a par with both. In fact, if you purchase the Bird Dog and find it's causing your sim to lag, I'll offer to refund the cost of purchase myself.

Just a word of warning, this offer will only last as long as the alcohol presently in my system!
    And I'll refund Nick's refund!

If you can fly and enjoy the Safir and the L-39 then I guarantee you can fly and enjoy the Bird Dog very comfortably.

And I haven't been drinking :ernae:

PS. Pekka is there a Photo-Recon livery available for the Bird Dog anywhere? That way I could combine my two hobbies!

Darn it I suddenly realized my Bird Dog has started lagging. Can you refund please:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by 6297J View Post

PS. Pekka is there a Photo-Recon livery available for the Bird Dog anywhere? That way I could combine my two hobbies!
    Don't know about that, but if you know a real life one give me a holler.

By the way, does someone know what USAF Squadron that Aerial Patrol aircraft I'm painting (screenshot above), belonged to? It has a shield that has what looks like a bat, with light beams comig out of it's eyes. I'm trying to find high resolution version of that shield.

Darn it I suddenly realized my Bird Dog has started lagging. Can you refund please:ernae:
    Cheers,

Nick

Sorry, I should say those repaints look fantastic Pekka.
    Cheers,

Nick

Done deal! I am not at my sim PC at the moment so it will have to wait until later today ...you will need to keep drinking for another 12hrs!

You pay for the additional 12 hours drinking and the refund deal stands.
    Cheers,

Nick

just a quick one:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Beautiful re-paints bushpilot...I love them!

p.s. They look better than the 1st Calv. L-19 we had in Korea :ernae:

Dick

Very nice indeed! love this bird! :ernae:

Still wondering if my bank balance is safe?
    Cheers,

Nick

Haha ..being summer down here, my spare time has been spent outside with kids and I have been fiddling with the sim (making room in hanger!) when I have been on the sim PC and this has got in the way ...hopefully will be purchasing later this weekend..will be reporting back when I do!

Members who have read this thread: 1