Captain Sim - sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captain Sim - sale

SOH-CM-2023
    So, that means we can begin 12/10/09, tonight, at 7PM EST, Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    So the 767 has dismal FPS?
    Not at all, greately improved after the last SP.
    All we need to do is make purchase. Even if CS have server overload we have a chance to download products next day. So where is my CC?

Would be interested in the 767 tanker and E-767, but I'd also have no use for the 767-200 which I'd have to buy, so I may have to give it a miss, even at reduced price. Shame there's no pro pack like the C-130!

JamesChams

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    Would be interested in the 767 tanker and E-767, but I'd also have no use for the 767-200 which I'd have to buy, so I may have to give it a miss, even at reduced price. Shame there's no pro pack like the C-130!
    Gents,

Perhaps, you'll missed this page ...

http://www.captainsim.com/products/product_lines.html

But the "PRO Pack" is basically The BASE Pack + ALL the Expansion Packs and, if made in one purchase, it is quite nice. So, as an example, I'll be getting the entire CS 767 set which is the PRO Series (or a kind of "Pro Pack") and at $10.00 per item, its far less than the BASE Pack would be without the sales event. That's worth staying-up-for in my book.

Hope this clears up all the confusion and Merry Christmas!

Whereabouts is the Pro pack for the 767 on their site?

All I can find to actually purchase are the individual packs below:

http://www.captainsim.com/store/pp/x767_index.html
    Swa se ğeodkyning şeawum lyfde

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Gents,

Perhaps, you'll missed this page ...

http://www.captainsim.com/products/product_lines.html

But the "PRO Pack" is basically The BASE Pack + ALL the Expansion Packs and, if made in one purchase, it is quite nice. So, as an example, I'll be getting the entire CS 767 set which is the PRO Series (or a kind of "Pro Pack") and at $10.00 per item, its far less than the BASE Pack would be without the sales event. That's worth staying-up-for in my book.

Hope this clears up all the confusion and Merry Christmas!
    Don't think a propack is available for the 767.

"Currently All-in-One Pack is available for C-130 only."

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    So, that means we can begin 12/10/09, tonight, at 7PM EST, Yes?
    This is what was posted over at at avsim...7:01pm....replace January with December.

Let the games begin tonight in who can draw there credit card the fastest!!

http://forums1.avsim.net/lofiversion...p/t268898.html

is the C130 FSX native?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    is the C130 FSX native?
    thanks
    Yep

The C-130X is. But there is a C-130 for FS9 too.

Edit- Curses.
    Forever lurking.

:salute: standing by with credit card at the ready....14 min.

Looks like they opened the store a couple of minutes early. The 727 is now parked on my hard drive! Bwaaaahhhaaaaahhaaaaaa.....

Sorry. Got carried away.

UPDATE: Wow, this 727 is flipping' gorgeous! True to Captain Sim's usual rep, the VC is a work of art. I've only taxied it, but so far the frame rates are very good, too - certainly on par with most of my other complex addons, and definitely flyable.

yeah I thought for $14.71 I would want it but I now realize I wouldn't fly it anyway. Heavy metal is just not my thing. Unless it is very well done. (And I'm waiting for the LevelD 757)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Downloading the 727 now. Went in at two minutes after midnight and no delays at all.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Got my 727 + expansions, just over £27 + the £1 my bank nicks for an overseas transaction.
    To late to install it now though, time for bed.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Picked up the 767, just the base since I really dont do tubeliners, but I used to work near Newark Intl and the 767s always caught my eye.

JamesChams
    Gents,

I hope my posts (earlier) didn't confuse you'll about the "PRO Pack" and the "Pro Line" ...
    The simple fact is that, I just got the entire 767 Package (Yes, including all 4 Expansion Packs) for just $70.45 USD. i.e. at a significant discount. And so can you...

I wish I had more of their stuff to buy but I don't; because I already paid top dollar before. So, If I were you'll, I go for it while the getting is good!

... and remember to Thank the Almighty God while your enjoying your new toys!

Merry Christmas all!

Bought and downloaded the 727 base pack 10 minutes after the sale started. No trouble with the server at all.

Dang.....I bought another stinkin' toob. The 767 just looked too good. They sure are fast. The email was instantaneous and it downloads at 130kbs!:ernae:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Bought the 767 too.

Sigh.

Back to FSX ...

Enjoy the slide show with the 767! Maybe your autopilot will decide to function properly for a flight or two too.

I got myself the C-130 pro pack and the 727 cargo version. Installing now...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Hehe Got me my E767 AWACS and Tanker. Now were did I put my maple leafs:mixedsmi:.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

got the 767 and i can see what you mean with the slideshow, of course that was after 3 consecutive crashes on startup and some FSUIPC error that i eventually had to click no on just so i could start FSX. Anyone here experience this before i contact CS?

No crashes, but I was a bit dissapointed at the instant FPS drop, and some reason the autopilot is wacked just as Kiwikat mentioned. :\

A few frustrating points here and there. I'll have to wrap my head around this AC over the weekend when I have more time to read about it.

Edit: Found this cold and dark tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuf-eP5nyas

Members who have read this thread: 0