Captain Sim - sale - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captain Sim - sale

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Enjoy the slide show with the 767! Maybe your autopilot will decide to function properly for a flight or two too.

I got myself the C-130 pro pack and the 727 cargo version. Installing now...
    So the autopilot is screwed up? I thought it was just me. I find the frames better than for the 757 though. I flew from LA. to Florida and messed with the autopilot all the way without success. At this price I ain't complaining.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Everything working in the L39 has me spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    So the autopilot is screwed up? I thought it was just me. I find the frames better than for the 757 though. I flew from LA. to Florida and messed with the autopilot all the way without success. At this price I ain't complaining.
    Yeah it completely ignores VNAV for me... like it wasn't even entered into the FMC. I don't know what the deal is. LNAV works as it should. I just find the LDS 767 to be much more reliable and consistent. It may be getting old, but it does everything right.

Feels like day light robbery! C-130 X-perience - All-in-One Pack £11.38. What a bargain.

Correct me if wrong but I think the 767 and the 757 both now include the weather radar which costs 9.99 Euros by itself so maybe you can get these aircraft for "free"????? so to speak :ernae:

I don't know about the others -----anyone know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Feels like day light robbery! C-130 X-perience - All-in-One Pack £11.38. What a bargain.
    No kidding. It is an excellent package, took her up for a couple hops tonight. I wish they would have included a WC-130 Hurricane Hunter. I'd pay the full price just for that single model and texture.

For some reason the sounds aren't quite right, and the excellent fix that used to be on AVSIM is now gone from their server crash.

Anyone that hasn't gotten the C-130 pro pack yet, GET IT!

Just bought my first tube liner:isadizzy: , hope I don't bend too many trying to get the hang of it. But since it has steam gauges I figured I couldn't go wrong with the 727 base and freighter packs at approx $15 each.

Download went great but I keep getting Error 12: Internal Server Error messages when I try to validate my install. Any one else getting this? Guess the server finally went down from the overload. Will try installing again later, time for bed.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Quite right Noddy, tis so, very much so, their forum can be interesting but only for customers so you're in that bit of a club as well. The C-130 has been upgraded since it was released so it is better today.

If Hercs are your bird then you are in luck today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Hey Guys

Are the 757 and 727 true FSX "LX" models?

Thanks
    FAC

SOH-CM-2023

Angry

Tried to run the 767 with an older fsuipc that worked with the 757. Had the violent rocking back and forth experienced earlier with the 757 until the right fsuipc was installed. With the 4.53 version that came with the 767 the rocking stopped.

Hovever as others have reported the VNAV is messed up. The 767 does not follow either the speed or altitude computed in the fmc. Must key in the altitude, and the keying in the speed control did not work for me either.:isadizzy:

Went back and tried the 757. Seems the 767 install screwed up the VNAV on the 757 too. Guess I'll deltete the 767 and reinstall the 757 if I want an fmc that works.

This time of year is awesome. So far I saved a ton and got the C-130 pack, the F-18D/F-117, and the Hellcat (not from CaptainSim but still saved when it went on sale).

Now the problem of deciding what to fly first!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No kidding. It is an excellent package, took her up for a couple hops tonight. I wish they would have included a WC-130 Hurricane Hunter. I'd pay the full price just for that single model and texture.
    There is a Hurricane Hunter for FSX that was done by rsgunner. I think it was a J model. It is either at AVSIM or Flightsim.com

VCN-1

SOH-CM-2023
    I deleted the 767 and the 757, reinstalled 4.4 of the 757. Same problem with VNAV not controlling speed or altitude. Both must be dialed in. I was wrong about dialed in speed not controlling.

Went back to 4.3 of 757. Same VNAV problem. Very strange since VNAV was controlled totally by the fmc before. I uninstalled the 767 and 4.4 757 files so something else is hiding in the background. I would not think it would be fsuipc.:isadizzy:

Me... I bought a flaming four engine jobbie! A Herkiebird. I must be mad! But I am impressed with a plane that I have ridden in as cargo quite often...

I even slept on Harry Secombe's luggage in one of these.

But for all those who think I have gone over to the dark side, fear not! It'll take more than the venerable Herkie bird to convert me...
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Well I treated myself to the following:

C-130 (complete pack!!)
    X-Load
    727-100 base pack
    Space Shuttle

Of course there are 8hrs left in the sale so who know what else I may get....

-G-

Quick question:

Will the CS Mig-21 work in FSX?

I really want to get this one too.......

-G-

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Anyone got the 727 working in FsX (W7-64 bit here)? It asks me if I should add a module (Captain_sim.p727.menu.dll) to the 'trusted' list, but when I click 'yes' FsX hangs on the loading screen. If I click 'no' FsX will load, I can select the aircraft and then FsX hangs..... :isadizzy:
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Well I seem to have fixed the problem, either by updating FSUIPC to 4.53 or by removing the ENB files... It works now!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I have the base package of the C-130... can anyone comment on the expansions? I know I can just pay for the Pro all in one package..... I love the base, just curious about the expansions...

Thanks... :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    Quick question:

-G-
    It does, but not very well from my experience. It also looks a little dated inside for certain.
    Forever lurking.

The FPS hit is about equal to that of the LDS 767. It isn't as bad as either the PMDG 747 or the CS 757. I find it to be quite useable and enjoyable.
    So there is a framerate hit indeed.

Not sold.

All of my AI is eating up my performance already, so I can't tolerate any framerate hit anymore.

SOH-CM-2023
    After uninstalling and reinstalling everything VNAV continues to have changed from the previous 757 action. On the reinstalls there were no windows indicating gauge acceptance, so perhaps it is in the gauges that the fmc changes were made so that both the 757 and 767 essentially use the same fmc. Just my guess.

The big change is that VNAV will begin controlling speed and altitude and at some point, perhaps T/D or other point, the VNAV switches off and SPD controls. Now the pilot must dial in any speed change which is then controlled. Speed and Altitude are not controlled simultaneously as with the early 4.3 version of the 757. Instead, once the speed is achieved, a new altitude may be dialed in, and controlled by pressing the V/S button and quickly pressing the VNAV button. One must alternate between dialing in speed and altitude changes manually. Perhaps this is more like normal procedure. Don't know, again just guessing.

Downloaded both the 767 and 727 at midnight and installed this morn. Glad for the cost saving for two very nice aircraft. Liking them a great deal now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    The big change is that VNAV will begin controlling speed and altitude and at some point, perhaps T/D or other point, the VNAV switches off and SPD controls. Now the pilot must dial in any speed change which is then controlled. Speed and Altitude are not controlled simultaneously as with the early 4.3 version of the 757. Instead, once the speed is achieved, a new altitude may be dialed in, and controlled by pressing the V/S button and quickly pressing the VNAV button. One must alternate between dialing in speed and altitude changes manually. Perhaps this is more like normal procedure. Don't know, again just guessing.
    That's not normal procedure...

You should really buy the LDS 767 and try it out. All you should have to do is put in your speeds and altitudes into the FMC and hit VNAV. No switching between things manually or guessing. It should just work. The real life pilots aren't up there pressing random buttons, at least I hope not.

I don't see how so many errors got past CS's testers. In fact I wonder if they test at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    Quick question:

-G-
    Not that I know of G. It's no longer supported by Capt. Sim so I don't think they'd even tell you. It's a shame they won't set it up for FSX, it is a nice vride in FS9 just the same. I am a bit partial to the 21 tho, as I ground crew for the real thing every Sunday morning.

Check in my sig for the WoD site and look in the Photo/Video Gallery. There's some good photos there, and videos too. There's a couple of photos of the ground crew at KILG..... I'm the second from the left for the Mig-21 and on the left next to Capt. Joe Gano in the L-39 photo.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Got my 727 installed and running with no problems.

Well I did have a problem with the repaints I also downloaded direct from CS, took me over an hour to get the half dozen I got working as the aircraft.cfg sections for them are a total mess and I practically had to redo them from scratch.

Other than that I love it. Should be fun learning to fly it as my only previous tube experience is with the default 737 and the A2A Strat.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56