Carenado sale at PC Aviator through Dec. 19

David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

MCDesigns
    Thanks David, I was just over there looking to see if I needed another new aircraft in the hanger, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Check their web site they have 30% off everything, except the Seneca and Saratoga.

yeah i was hoping the pa32 would be included oh well. Hopefully their BE33 will be nice
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

The only one of their FSX aircraft fleet that I didn't have was the 172 on skis.

At $9.00 I couldn't resist. So now my FSX Carenado hanger isn't missing a piece anymore.

FAC

Awww I was thinking about getting the Seneca too... oh well.

Gotta pick up the FW-190 anyways and also wait for the Captainsim sale around Xmas time.

gajit
    Good advice KiwiKat - i keep forgetting sale time :ernae:

I'm looking for their 172, the wheeled version. It doesn't seem to be on the list, unless I missed it - only the ski and float versions available. Odd.

Third one down in the left column with the red paint scheme.

FAC

The 30% off C172 is available at the Carenado store.

That's the 182

Yep, I cant find the 172 either
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I want some of what you guys are drinking!

The 172 is in the left column, third one down. At least on my computer.

Jim

Hmmmm.

When I click on that shot it takes me to the wheeled 172N info page.

FAC

Jim, sorry we must have been posting at the same time.

Ahhh I wasn't even looking at Carenados site - I was following the link from the first post....

I see it on C's site, not on the pc aviator site
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

MCDesigns
    LOL, yeah, carenado, PC Aviator and Simmarket are all running the sale, wonder if there are any differences.

Curious, anyone running/ran both 206s in FSX, any big visual differences. I run the FS9 version and while it runs great, just seems a little flat on details and thought maybe the FSX version looked better in FSX..

I only had the FS9 206 installed in FSX for a very short time way back.

I think the only real visual difference I can see between the FS9 vs FSX version is the prop. The new one is a true FSX model and doesn't have the FS9 prop issue.

FAC

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Curious, anyone running/ran both 206s in FSX, any big visual differences. I run the FS9 version and while it runs great, just seems a little flat on details and thought maybe the FSX version looked better in FSX..
    Here's how I ended my AVSIM review:

Carenado sells the Stationair for US$30. There is no discount for upgraders, but there is a free patch that will make the old version flyable in the new sim. What do you get with the new version? On the outside, bump mapping, specular mapping, and light bloom; on the inside, dynamic shadows in the virtual cockpit. Also, your propeller won’t disappear in front of clouds.

From the developer’s point of view, this probably counts as an overhaul, because the model had to be recreated using new tools. From a customer’s point of view, the changes will seem incremental. On the one hand, it would have been nice to have sharper textures in the virtual cockpit. On the other hand, all of the old repaints are usable, the engine sound is still full, and the frame rates are still high.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

WTF.... I have more money going out than coming in this month, my hanger will be so full it will take me till the summer to fly'em all..... :ernae:

Looks like I'll pick up the Archer II for the score...... and my wife asks me what do I want for Christmas, and I say ooohhh nothing dear

LW

Thanks for the heads-up.

I don't own any Carenado aircraft, but I'm seriously considering picking up a couple through this sale. I'd love to hear some opinions on their Piper Cherokee, and their 182's (the RG and the Q Standard and Long Range versions), and I also have a couple of questions for folks that may own any of them.

First, on all three, what are their respective cruise speeds in relation to the default 172? I'd like something a little faster than the 172, but not too fast.

Second, aside from retractable gear, and potential flying distance, what other differences are there between the 182 RG and Q variants?

Finally, I'm also considering the U206 Stationair, but I've read that the panels and vc gauges can be a little fuzzy on that model, but I honestly don't know if that was referring to their FS9 version or their FSX version (or both). I really like that it has several variants, especially the amphibian, so that was actually at the top of my list, but I'm a little worried about having a potentially blurry vc, so I'm hestitant about buying it without some opinons from folks that own it.

So, those are the four I'm considering, and I'm only budgeted to buy two of them (wife said the cutoff was around $30-$35ish lol), so I'd like a couple of opinions on which two would be the most recommended.

Thanks for any info!
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

I love the Carenado 182Q. It is the first payware addon I ever purchased back in FS9. It flies well, sounds good, and looks nice.

I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a Cessna that is better than the defaults.

the 206 is nice but the sound is awful. in fact the 206 is my fav plane, (after the kodiak) but i don't fly it because it sounds like a weed whacker. best model for the $$ (imo) is the 182 or the 152.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    the 206 is nice but the sound is awful. in fact the 206 is my fav plane, (after the kodiak) but i don't fly it because it sounds like a weed whacker. best model for the $$ (imo) is the 182 or the 152.
    IIRC TSS or someone else had some C206 sounds that were better than the Carenado ones.

Well I decided on the 206 and the 182. At just under $35 for both, I feel I got two good planes for a good value. I figure if the sounds are really that bad on the 206, I could always alias them to something else if I can't find a better sound set for it. Thanks for the advice.
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    IIRC TSS or someone else had some C206 sounds that were better than the Carenado ones.

someone pointed me to some sounds for the 206 that were for fs9, (i don't remember now whose) i haven't found any yet for fsx.

Grabbed the Mentor for FSX. Now I just need to find time to fly her.

Members who have read this thread: 0