Best X3 Screenshots! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best X3 Screenshots!

Those pictures are amazing (as stated back a page or two) What the heck is this a new simulation game. Fantasy type or something? Reminds me of Star Trek on steroids, Star Wars, galactic adventures. That's flippin cool!! Oops..there goes my young years kickin in

What are the needed machine specs? How much? Where to buy it? What are the objectives? Rule the solar systems!! I like it ... I like it!!!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    OK here is my latest addition the Heavy Centaur, talk about a nice ship...

Nice looking ship Mike! I might have to check one out and read through its performance and armament specs. Dangit.. You just sold me on the Heavy Nemesis, lol... Now you're selling me on the Centaur. arrgh.. Give me a chance to catch up! Dang.. You'd make a great BMW salesman..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Those pictures are amazing (as stated back a page or two) What the heck is this a new simulation game. Fantasy type or something? Reminds me of Star Trek on steroids, Star Wars, galactic adventures. That's flippin cool!! Oops..there goes my young years kickin in

What are the needed machine specs? How much? Where to buy it? What are the objectives? Rule the solar systems!! I like it ... I like it!!!

Hey George,

This game came out years ago, evidently, from Germany, and is the 3rd generation version. X, then X2, then X3 Reunion, now X3 Terran Conflict.

It takes place perhaps several hundred years in the future where Argon Prime is the second Earth, far on the other side of the Galaxy, and the Terran system is Earth and we are rediscovering Earths people (in this version of the game).

Its much like FS, except that it has some more features. Besides AI and being able to fight the bad guys, (and be attacked) you can also haul freight (like air freight) and can create bases (like airports), etc.. .

Pretty cool game if you like freedom of choosing what you want to do that evening and not be stuck on rails.. (explore, create a base, haul freight, make money, mine, haul people around, fight pirates and evil aliens, etc).

Good fun...

One game these days is between $10.00 and $20.00, and the gold box package (Reunion and Terran Conflict) is about $30.00 these days, US Dollars.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Great shots gent
    Tonight I cranked up the cheat menu and made some ship specifically for screenshot purposes and came up with these so far.

"Repairing the Damage"

"I SEE YOU"

By the way I destroy the ships after I get done with them, even though I really don't want to. Except of course for the Skate

Bill, is that a Kia in the shot above? (mean machine)

George, go to this site..... http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/
    This site has lots of good mods to add in if you decide to buy and play the sim, so save it if you want.

Then download this story, "X3TC-AlfieUK-SquiddyTXT.zip ", of one guys experience with X3TC. It'll give you an idea of the trials and tribulations of playing. Note tho that normal game experience is not like this.... he made it the way it is for him.... harder than someone would normally play. I do like his concept tho, you make it as hard or as easy as you want. This took him thru 66 days of game play.

I believe you could actually play the same way he did, tho the results could be somewhat different?

Side note: This is in PDF format and is easy to read.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Its going to blow, RADIATION LEAK; RUNNNN

Fixing the damage

Back on patrol

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Bill, is that a Kia in the shot above? (mean machine)

Man.. I dont remember, lol.. It was 2 nights ago. I'll have to check my station. Its on the HQ defense wing.

That bigger ship that you are shown welding / repairing, that thing is pretty darn exotic looking.... Very nice. How does it hold up against Xenon fighters?

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    I finally found the Piranid Heavy Nemesis for sale at a shipyard!!! arrgh.. I still had 3 hours left on the reverse engineering, so I decided to buy one. I think it was 11 or 14 million, and I have been working my boooom off, so I got it.

Youre right Mike, its one awesome ship. I went out and hunted pirates and did quite well. Made it home in one piece.

I tried a few jobs tonight after hunting, and man, I couldnt get anything delivered on time. At one point, I took a job to return an abandoned ship, small Dolphin class freighter. The thing barely runs, and I am running out of time. The last time this happened, the police destroyed it. Well, that happens almost every time now. But thinking quick, I dispatch the Iguanna Vanguard from HQ, have it free jump to me. I bail out in my space suit and begin trekkiing over to the Iguanna, lololol.... I got in and punched it through the gate. As I was departing the system, the radio says my ship is being attacked, and sure enough, the police blasted the Dolphin, lol..

Quick escape..

Photos of the new Heavy Nemesis, loaded with armament..

Bill

I have no idea how it would hold up to anything Bill, I don't even know if it has shields or not.

I loaded that up from the cheat menu for screenshot purposes only. That is the Heavy Hydra in case you didn't know.
    But I can tell you that this one salvo takes down almost 100% of my Skates shields (3x 25MJ generators) and spins it around in circles.

Great great shots of that heavy nemesis. Just like it's little brother, that is one evil/mean/awesome looking machine. I hope you post more screenshots of it in action

SOH-CM-2014
    Marlin,

What do you have for armament for the Heavy Hydra? I see you have two versions firing off.

That thing looks too cool. I am going to purchase one tonight and start running it and see what its like.

I'll like to park it next to a Heavy Nemesis and check the size comparison. The HN looks huge, but actually isnt. Its more of a corvette class. Looks massive..

That Hydra though is just darned awesome looking...

Bill

I don't know Bill, but it really cool looking as it's firing off as you can see the 'bullets' spinning as they zip away. (made it with the Cycrow cheat menu)

I deleted that ship as I didn't buy it yet, but it is truly a cool looking beast! (Ohhh ra for Boron technology!)

Looks cool from the cockpit too!

Sweet mother of Teladinimium Bill, that is one sweet lookin ship.

Markin, those Boron vessels are so cool looking it makes you want to go in for a race-change just to have them. But that station you built looks like my dentist's Novocain syringe and needle on steroids.

Great screenshots guys.
    Gary -

Well I finally got out for a little fun last night - well it was actually very early morning... and went "Q" hunting, I had a good day actually, got my limit for the day and went home satsified, here are a couple of quick shots of the Heavy Nemesis in action and a Q byting the dust...

If you look close at the lower left you can see my Heavy coming around after the attack run, and the final shot is the end of the Q, with the Nemesis a safe distance away, this was a Hammerhead hit so I wanted to be well outside the blast zone.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Wow, that's a big un Mike. Glad to hear you eliminated it.

I've been doing some patrol missions to make a few credits over the past 3 days. My last one for tonight put me up against a bunch of Xenon ships. Some I've been up against before but this one was a first for me. I only got one screenshot of it...... I was too busy to get anymore darn it. This thing was big, a Xenon K. I'm going to post it in the "Know Your X3 Enemy" thread too later on.... it's kind of a recognition manual.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Awesome shots Mike! You must have used monitor view and had it rotated to see your ship. ingenius!

I love to see a Xenon heavy get wiped out. Evil buggers.... They are also very difficult to take down.

@Gary,

That sounds pretty cool. Would be great for nub's.

Those K ships are grim. From what Mike says, they arent just carriers for Xenon fighters, they are space born fighter factories, able to create new ships onboard, which explains how they just keep spitting out ships...

Bill

Well, I can admit here that I didn't actually "shoot" it down..... I ran into it while shooting at it and it blew up. Actually I ran into it 3 times. LOL Still got 332,000 credits tho for the killl. :d

I'm not an Assassin fer nuthin you know.
    Gary -

Latest shots,
    I took the fleet Xenon hunting, the station goes up real nice too.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Attachment 12730Attachment 12729Attachment 12728

another sector another station bytes the dust... you can just see the torps in the first hot, the second shows the first torp making contact, then BOOM!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK I dug out the X52 and the Zboard and got some stick time in space last evening, man it was ugly, I can't believe how quickly I lost my touch - got my BUTT kicked everywhere I went. A couple pirates gave me a total A$$ WOOPIN just for trying to come into the sector... Oh well I am going to get back in the saddle now and teach them a thing or 3. I did grab a few interesting screen shots, these are from the Transend Reloaded mod, (Ireally hope that makes the Superbox).

These first 3 are some new ships and a gate from Transcend.
    Attachment 19187Attachment 19186Attachment 19184

This shot is one of the Add On Ships I have installed, one of the guys on the XUniverse Forum did some really neat ships, I will try and post the F14 and DC9 later.
    Attachment 19185
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Great screenshots Mike!

Amazing how far this game has come... So many addons for it now.

Bill

I am having problems with the drives for my Fang so I am grounded right now, but as soon as I get that resolved I am going back to kick some Pirate BUTT. I have to say the AMS and Transcend Mods are where I spent most of my time, and Bill you are so right this game has and continues to amaze me with where it has and is going. A few of the Mods (Battle Star Glaactia, Transcend, DDTC, etc.) are pretty much new games, the key commands and a few of the ships are the same but after that it is all new.

I have to say X3 is very much like "FS in space" in many ways, totally open ended, and tones of addon's, which is one of the reasons I will still be playing both 5 years from now.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired SOH Administrator
    Cool shots Gig:

I miss my X3 game,
    I haven't played it in a long while.....
    This game made me stress free
    I just don't have time to de-stress

Thanks for sharing, everyone!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't feel bad Chacha. I haven't play X3TC in a long time..... over 3 months now. Too busy for the time being, but when things slow down with the business I'll be back at it. Maybe even a little Silent Hunter 5 too. I love blowin things up...... on the computer that is.
    Gary -

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Don't feel bad Chacha. I haven't play X3TC in a long time..... over 3 months now. Too busy for the time being, but when things slow down with the business I'll be back at it. Maybe even a little Silent Hunter 5 too. I love blowin things up...... on the computer that is.

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]