X3 Patrol Logs - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: X3 Patrol Logs

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Awesome! man, you must really get into this Gary...

I have an Apple iMac computer with a huge 24" screen plus outer edge structure, with the lower area being a strip of aluminum. That is brilliant for hanging all of my yellow Post-Its on, lol... One, first one, is the 'last save' numbers, from 1 thru 7. Every time I save, I write down the save number. In the past, I have lost my save points a few times by accidentally hitting the arrow keys. I learned later I could look at the dates and times for the last save, but at the time, I didnt know, so I log my saves now. Seems faster.

I had started a book on all sectors, so I could look up which sectors had what, and know where to go for all these supplies, etc.. I gave that up. It was a pain.

I have thought of doing an Apple App that would have all ships in it, so I could find out which ships are which when doing purchases, etc. That would be nice.. Maybe have other things in it like systems that have which wares, etc....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I started writing all the info down on sectors to.... it's a royal PITA. Same with cargo in my ships. LOL

On the beaming in containers.... open cargo bay door(s) and use the key you assign to Beam In Containers. Wait until the nosie you here is finished, then close the dam door. LOL You'll have what you beamed in in the hold, safe and sound. Then you can install it to use it if it's a missle, ammo, or stuff like that.

I just did 6 more missions, 5 good but failed at one. Still made 5 million tho. And I got some cool screenshots of some of these pirates too. I'l post it all tomorrow.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Those are ALL great posts!!

Thanks

SOH-CM-2014
    eeeks.. Tonight, I am flying around looking for biz and here is this goofy freighter trying to fight me!

He fires on my super Nemesis, it returns fire as it is watching over me as I prep a freighter. A police ship comes up, launches a missle, and destroys my Nemesis! I restart the sim and this time I move all ships out of the sector so he cannot fire at us. I load up my freighter and move out and evade fire. He isnt a pirate, so whats the use..

now... the funny part..

I was to watch him yesterday. Same guy, same ship, little lizzard that dreams of 'proffffffffffffffffffitzzzz'... Well, he got away. Group that hired me to watch him writes me off. But this freak still comes after me, saying, are you following me!? then fires at me, and police get involved...

So, I am back home at Argon Prime and there he is, firing at me.. I fire back at 3rd version armament from my Heavy Nemesis. I almost render him dead, gonzo... But a police argonian cruiser gets into it, firing at me to protect the goofball.. so I emergency hyper jump...

I get to the next sector over and think. Here I am running from home from a noooot case. Why? hmm.... I hyper jump back into Argon Prime, locate said freigher. I activate all eight guns, online... I come up... 25 clicks... 15 clicks.. 10 clicks... 5 clicks.. 'Target is in range'... I squeeze the trigger twice. Eight vollies of heavy plasma launch in two clean waves. They arc to the target. The super freighter goes up in a very nice ball of flames...

I shoot past it, hearing an alert that a police Argonian cruiser is after me. I hyper jump to Home of Light. Wheww.... Revenge. No more problems...

nope...

Now the Argon police shoot down my Com Sat in Ringo Moon. They attack a freighter of mine in Argon Prime. I am being stocked by my own people and I hold the rank of Knight of Argon..

Woooooooooooots up with them??????????? lol....

I tried clearing myself, landed at the free Argon space port.. Nada.. Not even the police ships answer my hails..

I dont know what to do. I can still dock at the Argon stations, but dang... How do you repair things with your own poeple?

lol....

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I dont know what to do. I can still dock at the Argon stations, but dang... How do you repair things with your own poeple?

lol....

Bill
    Load up the boarding pods with Marines and take over the stations

Bill, go into where it shows Friends and Foes. Change Argon to Friends as I believe...... cause you eliminated the noooot case..... you are now listed as a Foe. Once changed you should be ok again.

IIRC that's how I got out of hot water with the Argons when I took a Mission to destroy a 2 ship convoy... it was 2 Argon ships. I had the same problem... all Friendlies showed in red and were after me with all guns blazing.

And be very leary of those Snake eyes asking you to go on a Mission destroy a convoy. Usually it's a Pirate and you'll be shooting at Friendlies.
    Gary -

Bill, I've found the correct path to "Forgiveness".

Pilot Info/Advanced/Global Commands. If any have been changed to Foe, change back to Friend. Then click on "Transmit To All Reachable Properties". If you have to change back to Fiends, just click that anyways. You will not be an outcast, you'll be ok. :d

If you are in the middle of a fight and it changes, get that done as fast as you can to change your status. Or, get the hell out of that sector ASP, hide, or whatever it takes and do it.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Bill, I've found the correct path to "Forgiveness".

Pilot Info/ Advanced/Global Commands. If any have been changed to Foe, change back to Friend. Then click on "Transmit To All Reachable Properties". If you have to change back to Fiends, just click that anyways. You will not be an outcast, you'll be ok. :d

If you are in the middle of a fight and it changes, get that done as fast as you can to change your status. Or, get the hell out of that sector ASP, hide, or whatever it takes and do it.
    Thanks Gary!

Will do.

I did check the status and I am good. No more attacks from the police. :d

SOH-CM-2014
    I went out again on a short volley of job flights. I found a couple of nice taxi runs. I couldnt believe it. It said it was a hard run to accomplish, but dang, it was so easy. I made 8 million on it. I scanned some asteroids and did some cartography chip shipments. (Those are difficult.. right down to the second).

I have been learning to use the 'Docking Computer' cheat/helper. I hyper jump to a sector, find the station and target it, aim my ship to it and go to full throttle, hit J to warp to the station, hold my fingers on Shift and Dock, and just before I pass or 'impact' with the station, I hit Shift-D and BING! I am docked instantaneously, lolololol.... Really freaks me out, but hay, thats technology for you. :d

I just hope the game doesnt use my good times to gauge how fast shipments must be delivered, as that would cause my time requirements to be even faster and faster, so I would be shooting myself in the foot, lol..

Personal pilot budget now up to 307 million credits. Headquarters is seperate, over 200 million.

Before I signed off, I checked through my fleet and found I owned a Laser Tower. Hmm.... I went to check it out and its this 'thing' docked at a station, sort of like a wierd bullet without skin, just structure. You cant get in it to fly it. All automatic. I sent it to Ceo's Buckzoid, my former backup station zone. Odd thing. I wonder what its potential is? Is it one powerful weapon against bad guys??? I must have captured it somehow.

Bill

3 Days of Mission Logs

2010 01 19
    Mission: Protect Solar Power Plant M beta in Family Whi against Yaki Pirates
    Reward: 310,236cr
    Paid: 1,103,456cr

Mission: Patrol Family Whi - against Yaki pirates
    Reward: 870,999cr
    Paid: 1,096,719cr for eliminationg 14 ships
    Also claimed an Iguana Vanguard and stray missles
    Also bought 9,937 Energy Cells - total on board 13,255
    Promoted to Assassin
    Account: 27,579,612cr

Mission: Protect Bio Gas Factory M beta in Atreus Clouds
    Reward: 258,754cr
    Paid: 1,837,251cr for eliminated 14 ship

2010 01 20
    Mission: Pick up Bola Da on Cannon Forge and fly him to Bio Gas Factory in Atreus Clouds
    Reward and Paid: 39,305cr

While at the Bio Gas Factroy I sold a few E cells for 19,704cr
    Bought an Argon Discoverer for 71,000cr

Mission: Kill Mayenne Kellar in Cloud Base NW flying a Pirate Osprey
    Reward: 1,675,166cr
    Paid: 1,675,166cr for a successful mission

Mission: Protect Cattle ranch M beta from pirates
    Reward: 66,751cr
    Paid: 1,222,711 for eliminating unkown number of Xenon
    Claimed abandoned Blastclaw

Mission: Take passenger to Cattle Ranch M alpha in The Wall
    Reward: 46,691cr
    Paid: 45,691cr
    Claimed abandoned Nova Raider
    Account: 35,915,649cr

2010 01 21
    Mission: Kill Imanck v'Lot flying Pirate Osprey IM6JY-97 in Ringo Moon
    Reward and Paid: 1,784,475cr

Mission: Patrol Slot open. Patrol Ringo Moon.
    Reward: 558,480
    Paid: 857,480cr for eliminating 6 Yaki ships
    Found 3 Imperium Vanguards to claim as salvage debrise. Left before results were known.... over an hour game time to wait, so I left.
    Salvaged abandoned missles

Mission: Patrol Argone Prime, President's End (3 times), Home of Light(twice) and Cloud base SE.
    Reward: 941,897cr
    Paid: 3,693,902cr for eliminating 66 Xenon ships

Account total to date: 42,378,006cr

New enemy ships seen will be posted in the Know Your X3 Enemy thread

Here's my Blastclaw and Nova Raider. Last screenshot is of the Iperium Vanguard.
    Gary -

Nice job Bill. Hey BTW... can ya spare a few credits?

Those taxi runs at 8 mil ain't nuthin to sneeze about either. But for relaxation ya gotta go kill some Yaki, Xenon and Kha. Talk about edge of the seat action......
    Hint, use your Attack Computer. Second time you click on an enemy ship it comes up as Auto Attack..... try it you'll like it.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Some wild ships there Gary in your screenshots.

I thought the Blast Claw looked like the Vadir, but I am wrong. Mean looking thing.

I used to have a Imperium Vanguard. Wild ship. Paranid.

It will be fun to make some wild ships for X3.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Some wild ships there Gary in your screenshots.

I thought the Blast Claw looked like the Vadir, but I am wrong. Mean looking thing.

I used to have a Imperium Vanguard. Wild ship. Paranid.

It will be fun to make some wild ships for X3.

Bill

I sold the Blastclaw Bill and got 1.4 million for it. Wasn't fast enough to keep up with me, and too expensive to upgrade with all it needed. It was a barebones ship, nothing in it but the engine and cockpit.

Edit...
    My mistake... I messed up figuring my account, I got 2,727,913credits for the Blastclaw. I'd added some upgrades I'd forgotten about before the sale.

Now if I could find claimable Imperiums, I'd grab a couple. I've been looking for that Firefly but haven't found it yet.
    Gary -

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Luckydogalog: 2010.01.28

Taxi and freight, freight and taxi, and a rare scuffle now and then.
    Nothing to write home to Mom about.

Those Duke ships have always piqued my curiosity........
    managed to get in close to one for a scan and picture:

Attachment 28131

the pilot, whose name was Daisy, warned me off.....threatening to sic her brothers on me despite my superior force. :isadizzy:

Lost a member of the crew today ( exterior maintenance ).
    A camera caught his last moments:

Attachment 28132

It was my birthday several weeks ago and several of my commanders got me quite tipsy.

We ended up at an Argon House of Argasm.
    (Treasure Chest sector, first asteroid on the left if you're coming thru the east gate).

Oh my goodness!!

The bar took up the entire right side (expensive!),
    and AT LEAST 100 VERY lovely creatures sat at tables on the left.
    They would take turns coming up to the bar and asking if you'd buy them a drink (while posing and modeling their various costumes....or lack of.
    I decided on a two-for-one special:

Attachment 28133 Joyce and Janice

Turned out to be a very up-lifting birthday !!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

LD
    :ernae::ernae:
    VERY VERY GOOD!

LMAO.... you funny LD.

Got a few days worth of results to post later on. And a bigger bank account too. :d
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    LOLOLOL....

Thats too hilarious man...

Sorry about your helmet finding that bottle of beer!

Bill

LD your AAR's are awsome reading, I have been away and not ingame for almost 2 weeks now and this just made my day, now off to "Kill some Khaak"... "Friday nights alright for fightin"
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Mike, you must be going thru withdrawl by now.
    Gary -

Did a station defense mission in Greater Profit. One pirate decided his life was worth more than his ship, and I got myself a Pirate Harrier!

This thing is a great ship for asteroid scans. I have since bought an Asp and equipped it to start capping fighters. 2 PAC's, 2 HEPT's and 2 Mass Drivers. This thing moves, 225 mps! I had my Harrier shadowing a Teladi TM, waiting for me to catch up and take it. I took over the stake out, and it flew straight in to Teladi Prime. It sits right under the Teladi shipyard, and I'm not going to try to cap it in the Teladi home system. So now I'm waiting for a better target to present it's self.

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WH.... 225m/s is slowwwwww. My Vidarsaurus will do 499. And, I have one to outfit that's stashed away that will do 600+. :d

If you're running the Mapping Service mod check the 18 ships you have sitting in Argone Prime. The Vidar is there and it's yours. Look in Property/Owned Ships.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    I remember when I got my first freighter up to 79 M/S. I was exstatic, lol.. It was at like 37 M/S before I tuned it up.

Later, I found out there were two extra tunes; SETA Boost and I think the second is Turbo Tune (cant remember) for overall speeds. It practically doubles the speeds. Some ships will go far faster then others. I had this Split Iguanna Vanguard that I did this to and that dang thing became a ROCKET! I think it was peaking at 1,100 M/S. Going through a system was like warping through it with SETA, except you wouldnt drop out of SETA speed when coming up on objects as you were in real-time speeds.. (With SETA on, that got radical, lol).

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Ive been away from my ships... arrghh.. Alot going on around here at the house, havent been able to get in some flight/fight time.

I've been traipsing so many sectors in the past week I had or taken the time to log any patrols. I'll have to post some results Saturday while we get clobbered with snow.

Warlord out. :salute:
    Gary -

I have been away as well, and when I got home of course I had picked up a new job, so flight time has been ZIP! I did get out for a short "Explore" last night and found a wonderful hidden sector that is completely empty - OK WAS empty. I am now building a new HQ and several stations and I am claiming this as GIGBASE! I am moveing all my fleet ships that are not activally trading into jump range and will sort out the keepers from the junkers.

If anyone is interested there are 3 hidden Terran sectors next to Aldren 1 & 2, you have to either complete the Aldren Missions or use the display all sectors cheat to see them and they have no gates so they are accessable only by jumping in. The Unknown Terran Sector 2 is completely empty so it's a great place to set up a safe haven to park you most valued ships, stations, and cargo.

I am planning an all out assult on the Xenon core as soon as I get a combat fleet properly configured so watch for the AAR it should be a "BLAST"
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!